Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So for those of us who applied last summer, I know we had to apply to the particular region in which we live. I have also heard rumor that we will most likely have our first assignment within that region.

I'm from the East Coast region. Does anyone have any inside info/rumors regarding which offices are currently in high need of personnel? (Obviously NYC)

Philly? Boston? Newark? Does anyone know if new guys commonly get put anywhere, including resident offices?

Comment

• Anyone take poly in Detroit yet?

Comment

• Hello, does anyone know if its possible to change the location you put as your local office for testing purposes.. I'm waiting for the APAT, but im moving 13 hours away.

Comment

• Originally posted by the constant View Post
          If you feel that poly procedure wasn't followed properly or there is some other unique circumstances, try sending a formal, written complaint letter to USSS HR and / or USSS Official of Professional Responsibility. You can also try to FOIA your HR file and poly results.

At this point it can't hurt.
          Several years ago there was a lawsuit filed in DC federal court about this issue where a group of applicants (many of whom were LEOs with other agencies) said that they were told they failed the poly but said they were being truthful, and wanted to know what remedy they had. The court said they had none. The agency doesn't have to give you another chance, etc. It sucks, sorry, but that's part of the process. I think a lot of very good people aren't hired because of the poly...

Comment

• Originally posted by underqualified View Post
            Hello, does anyone know if its possible to change the location you put as your local office for testing purposes.. I'm waiting for the APAT, but im moving 13 hours away.
            Just call your field office and let them know. They can switch you to another.

Comment

• Took the SAEE last week... still waiting for my score... and practicing for the APAT

anyone know how stringent they are on form for the push-ups? (ie. do your arms have to lock up straight at the top of the pushup?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Inspecting117 View Post
                Took the SAEE last week... still waiting for my score... and practicing for the APAT

anyone know how stringent they are on form for the push-ups? (ie. do your arms have to lock up straight at the top of the pushup?)
                As stringent as you can imagine...yes you will lock arms out

Comment

• Originally posted by Inspecting117 View Post
                  Took the SAEE last week... still waiting for my score... and practicing for the APAT

Check pages 2 and 3 of this: http://www.secretservice.gov/join/SSF4337A.pdf
                  View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
                  http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornmuffin74 View Post
                    Just call your field office and let them know. They can switch you to another.
                    Thanks. I have a dilema because I'm moving May 1. I don't know if I should tell them now or wait because recruitment told me the APAT would be scheduled around April 27.

Comment

• Is anybody here having to drive 3 hours to get to their field office for the application steps. I pass by two USSS field offices to get to the one I'm going which is in Charlotte.

Or does the processing field office have to be the HQ of the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                        Is anybody here having to drive 3 hours to get to their field office for the application steps. I pass by two USSS field offices to get to the one I'm going which is in Charlotte.

I had to drive 4 hours round trip on 4 separate occasions even though a larger field office was half the distance from my house. Not sure how they assign the processing office.

Btw, I set up a site that shows you the entry-level public 1811 jobs at http://gs-1811.appspot.com
                        Last edited by divinefalcon; 04-10-2014, 06:32 PM.
                        View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
                        http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by divinefalcon View Post
                          I had to drive 4 hours round trip on 4 separate occasions even though a larger field office was half the distance from my house. Not sure how they assign the processing office.
                          Okay just wanted to make that I wasn't alone. I have a 6 hour round trip and it sucks for now, I even asked the SAC would all of the application steps be in Charlotte and he said yes.

It was also weird that 6 people only showed up to take the SAEE exam, when i thought 20-30 people would of have been their.

Comment

• Pretty sure I failed the SAEE... anyone else feel that way?

Comment

• Originally posted by MTACT_Caravella View Post
                              Pretty sure I failed the SAEE... anyone else feel that way?
                              I don't think I failed........I feel like its 50/50 for me. I know I did outstanding on all of the parts except one. If I failed it would really shock me because I felt nervous at first but once I saw the questions I thought to myself "I got this".

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                                Is anybody here having to drive 3 hours to get to their field office for the application steps. I pass by two USSS field offices to get to the one I'm going which is in Charlotte.

It's a 5 hour round trip for me. I once drove 8 hours one way to take an 1811 test. I thought it was crazy of me, but I passed so well worth it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15908 users online. 511 members and 15397 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X