Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone from the June 2013 announcement that tested out of San Antonio completed their medical? I passed my poly on March 9th and haven't been scheduled yet. Also, how many San Antonio applicants have completed their home interview before the medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by LRTPA View Post
      Have you done your medical yet?
      Yes, I did it last week. Best to ya. I know the wait is brutal.

Comment

• Got the notification today that I passed the SAEE, but was informed that I could not move on with the Panel Interview until the rest of the recruits caught up from my office>????WTH. I am all done with the UD application with everything complete, why wouldn't they just knock out my interview and submit me for Jun at Fletc....??? I know I know, the Jun 13 guys should go before me, but I am already vetted, any advise on calling HQ and asking??? Or is going over the local recruiters head a no no?

Comment

• Hello Jan 14 applicant. Took the SAEE on 3/26 and waiting on results. Getting a little anxious. Any others w the same timeline. I'm in the Southeast.

Comment

• Took the SAEE 4/1, found out I passed yesterday so very quick turn around. Any idea how long it takes to schedule the APAT?

Comment

• Originally posted by hilhil45 View Post
              Took the SAEE 4/1, found out I passed yesterday so very quick turn around. Any idea how long it takes to schedule the APAT?
              The easy answer is that you will have to wait at least a month between each successive step. It sucks, trust me and the other June '13 applicants!

Comment

• Originally posted by hilhil45 View Post
                Took the SAEE 4/1, found out I passed yesterday so very quick turn around. Any idea how long it takes to schedule the APAT?
                I haven't found out yet that I passed the test but they did tell us for the folks who pass the APAT will be scheduled after April 21

Comment

• Originally posted by clerkofoc View Post
                  Trevian, to be clear, are you saying that OT will no longer be authorized for scheduled overtime? Even for the UNGA, campaign season, etc.?
                  So far they've paid OT for UNGA (but are careful to limit how they schedule you) and special circumstances like a campaign. But in general, there is no other OT, and if you work in a large office, you will be flexing days off, etc. and won't get any OT except for extremely rare circumstances. They are also very stingy with scheduling hours, so even if you get OT, you will typically work much more than you'll actually get paid for (e.g., they may schedule you 12, which gets you 2 hours of OT since the first 2 hrs is LEAP, but you may actually work 14-16 hours and eat the rest as LEAP).

Comment

• Originally posted by NEL006 View Post
                    In my current Job I started out in our NYFO which is located in Queens. I did that commute for 4 years in my POV before I transferred to our Newark Field office which is located in West Orange, not to far from the USSS office in Morristown. Commuting to NY everyday can suck if you are traveling during rush hour, but it can work. I worked with guys that commuted from PA everyday to NY. For those of us born and raised in this area its not the end of the world. However, for people coming from other parts of the country I can see it being a nightmare. The property tax thing really doesn't phase me at all because its all I know. If I told you what my property taxes were for my condo you might have a heart attack. The TSP thing does suck but what can you do, maybe I'll retire out in PA.
                    I agree with you in that if you don't know any different, then you have nothing to compare it to. But most USSS NYFO agents are not native New Yorkers, and they do know different. You also have to consider that your hours will change and you cannot control commuting outside of normal rush hour - although I don't necessarily believe in a "rush hour" in the NYC area. It's bad almost all of the time, regardless of time of day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevian View Post
                      I agree with you in that if you don't know any different, then you have nothing to compare it to. But most USSS NYFO agents are not native New Yorkers, and they do know different. You also have to consider that your hours will change and you cannot control commuting outside of normal rush hour - although I don't necessarily believe in a "rush hour" in the NYC area. It's bad almost all of the time, regardless of time of day.
                      Definitely know about the changing hours. I had a 4:30am show time at JFK once and took the queens midtown tunnel to get on 495 east. As soon as I get out of the tunnel there were two over turned cars on the road back to back. I almost didn't make it on time. Only in NY can you almost be late to work at 4:30am due to traffic. So your right, it can be bad almost 24/7.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent05 View Post
                        Can an admin or anyone with knowledge shed some light on what the protocol is for an SA applicant that does not pass the poly have as options? I contacted my FO and they directed me to UD/SA Branch Division in DC to which I called but was basically told there is not protocol and don't know what can be done. They did tell me I'm better off applying at another agency but I honestly do not think I'm forever banned from working with the USSS as an SA or am I? Anyone happen to go through a similar situation with the USSS or any other 1811 application process? I'd like to know options are available if any so that I can prepare a game plan for the next go around. Any and all info is appreciated fellas. Thank you.
                        If you feel that poly procedure wasn't followed properly or there is some other unique circumstances, try sending a formal, written complaint letter to USSS HR and / or USSS Official of Professional Responsibility. You can also try to FOIA your HR file and poly results.

At this point it can't hurt.

Comment

• So did you all wear suits to the medical as well?

Comment

• You can dress up as big bird if you would like for the medical if your actually asking a serious question. I am still laughing.

Comment

• Definitely didn't wear a suit. I just wore my typical every day clothes , i.e jeans and a t-shirt. FOH has nothing to do with the USSS, so they don't care what you wear.

Comment

• Originally posted by tanner30 View Post
                                So did you all wear suits to the medical as well?
                                Ditto...FOH doesn't care what you wear. I wore gym clothes becuase I knew I'd be getting poked, prodded, and groped.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13356 users online. 520 members and 12836 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X