300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by agent05 View Post
    Can an admin or anyone with knowledge shed some light on what the protocol is for an SA applicant that does not pass the poly have as options? I contacted my FO and they directed me to UD/SA Branch Division in DC to which I called but was basically told there is not protocol and don't know what can be done. They did tell me I'm better off applying at another agency but I honestly do not think I'm forever banned from working with the USSS as an SA or am I? Anyone happen to go through a similar situation with the USSS or any other 1811 application process? I'd like to know options are available if any so that I can prepare a game plan for the next go around. Any and all info is appreciated fellas. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that, wish I had advice for ya. Keep up the hard work and you'll get answers. Apply to "everything" (1801s, 0182s, etc.) else too! Something will come of it.

Comment

• Took the SAEE today........I feel good about it and hope I pass!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by agent05 View Post
        Can an admin or anyone with knowledge shed some light on what the protocol is for an SA applicant that does not pass the poly have as options? I contacted my FO and they directed me to UD/SA Branch Division in DC to which I called but was basically told there is not protocol and don't know what can be done. They did tell me I'm better off applying at another agency but I honestly do not think I'm forever banned from working with the USSS as an SA or am I? Anyone happen to go through a similar situation with the USSS or any other 1811 application process? I'd like to know options are available if any so that I can prepare a game plan for the next go around. Any and all info is appreciated fellas. Thank you.
        Do not be discouraged. I don't think there is anything that can be done since there isn't any appeals process with the USSS. But on the brighter side, a friend of mine failed the USSS polygraph and got the rejection letter just last month. He was also in the process with the FBI and he passed that polygraph. He was tentatively selected for the June FBI class.
        So apply to other agencies. Do not give up. While it maybe discouraging, do let it deter you from applying elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by tanner30 View Post
          Do not be discouraged. I don't think there is anything that can be done since there isn't any appeals process with the USSS. But on the brighter side, a friend of mine failed the USSS polygraph and got the rejection letter just last month. He was also in the process with the FBI and he passed that polygraph. He was tentatively selected for the June FBI class.
          So apply to other agencies. Do not give up. While it maybe discouraging, do let it deter you from applying elsewhere.
          This is the best advice your going to get. In my 8 years working for the government I have never heard of an appeals process for a poly. However, just because you don't pass one for one agency doesn't mean you won't pass another for a different agency. I know it's easier said than done, and it really is discouraging, but you have to just keep on trucking. Apply to EVERYTHING, and eventually you will find the road your supposed to go down.
          Last edited by NEL006; 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
            Took the SAEE today........I feel good about it and hope I pass!!!!
            Good, I hope you did pass.

Comment

Where did you take the test?

Comment

• Charlotte, N.C.

Comment

Took mine yesterday, I either did really well or very poorly. I breezed right through it.

Comment

• Walking into their office just gave me more motivation to become an 1811!!!!!

Comment

• Declined to take the test and proceed with the process today.

Spoke with a few fraud/forgery detectives on my PD and got similar responses.

Sure I won't be protecting Rand Paul in 2016, but I'll be making more and home every night

Good luck guys!

Comment

• Failed Poly

Originally posted by tanner30 View Post

Agreed. Don't waste any more of your time trying for the USSS right now. From a logistics perspective, they have hundreds of applicants that passed their poly, so as unfortunate as it may be, they aren't going to spend time trying to help you. Not trying to be a jerk, that is just the reality. If your heart is set on USSS, perhaps if you get 1811 somewhere else, a transfer may be possible.

One additional piece of advice on this. Be completely forthcoming regarding your USSS poly when working with other agencies. The new polygrapher may be able to identify where the problem was and help you get through it. If they find out you failed, and you did not disclose it, you don't stand a chance.

Good luck to you on future endeavors.

Comment

• Originally posted by zackwest24 View Post
                          Declined to take the test and proceed with the process today.

Spoke with a few fraud/forgery detectives on my PD and got similar responses.

Sure I won't be protecting Rand Paul in 2016, but I'll be making more and home every night

Good luck guys!
                          Making more? Maybe the first few years. I don't know of a local PD that pays more than a GS-13 with LEAP, Locality, and the G ride. But if you do, let me know, I may want to apply.

Comment

• Checked off the home visit last night, it went really well. The agents were friendly and very helpful with questions. No definitive dates on anything, but they did mention that I will be going somewhere within my region. I have heard otherwise, but they were quite certain. I'll go anywhere!
                            Best to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SterlingArcher View Post
                              Making more? Maybe the first few years. I don't know of a local PD that pays more than a GS-13 with LEAP, Locality, and the G ride. But if you do, let me know, I may want to apply.
                              I agree with this to an extent. GS13 top out with LEAP and a decent locality (20% and higher) is close to 110k.

However, most likely with the USSS you will be stationed in a high cost of living area such as NYC or DC to start. Granted you may be able to transfer eventually. But in these areas finding places to live with home prices like the south/midwest/or southwest (while possible) is not easy at all. Often times you get much less for your money.

If zackwest is living in a low cost of living area, a top out at 55-70k may very well equal a similar lifestyle to 110k in a east coast city. Gotta figure your mortgage because of taxes alone may be almost 600-1000 higher in some of those areas. But again its all scenario based. Plus and minus to both views I suppose.

There is no value you can place on being home nightly however.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post
                                I agree with this to an extent. GS13 top out with LEAP and a decent locality (20% and higher) is close to 110k.

However, most likely with the USSS you will be stationed in a high cost of living area such as NYC or DC to start. Granted you may be able to transfer eventually. But in these areas finding places to live with home prices like the south/midwest/or southwest (while possible) is not easy at all. Often times you get much less for your money.

If zackwest is living in a low cost of living area, a top out at 55-70k may very well equal a similar lifestyle to 110k in a east coast city. Gotta figure your mortgage because of taxes alone may be almost 600-1000 higher in some of those areas. But again its all scenario based. Plus and minus to both views I suppose.

There is no value you can place on being home nightly however.

I'll gladly take a GS 13 with my NY/Newark locality. You can very easily live off of 116k in this area even with the property taxes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8813 users online. 485 members and 8328 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X