300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox,

I apologize for answering before I did my research. Thank you Bronco_Smith for correcting me, I learned something new today. My current agency was not as generous as the Secret Service sounds. Bronco_Smith can you give an over view of what this meeting entails? This is conducted after all of the steps are complete correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by liberty82 View Post
      Firefox,

I apologize for answering before I did my research. Thank you Bronco_Smith for correcting me, I learned something new today. My current agency was not as generous as the Secret Service sounds. Bronco_Smith can you give an over view of what this meeting entails? This is conducted after all of the steps are complete correct?
      It's an orientation for spouses and immediate family... What to expect staring with fletc all the way threw 3rd phase of your career... Meant to make you aware of the good bad and ugly.

Comment

• What are the events for the physical abilities test? I know 1.5 mi, sit ups, and push-ups are in there.... I was told that there is an agility test and possibly chin ups?? Confused bc the recruiter said agility and no chin ups, website says the opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajeezy View Post
          What are the events for the physical abilities test? I know 1.5 mi, sit ups, and push-ups are in there.... I was told that there is an agility test and possibly chin ups?? Confused bc the recruiter said agility and no chin ups, website says the opposite.
          Recruiters update faster than website.... Go with what the recruiter told you as that is who will give you the test.

Btw the website physical requirements are up to date and gives the accurate test requirements

Comment

• Originally posted by ajeezy View Post
            What are the events for the physical abilities test? I know 1.5 mi, sit ups, and push-ups are in there.... I was told that there is an agility test and possibly chin ups?? Confused bc the recruiter said agility and no chin ups, website says the opposite.

if you are talking about the APAT for getting hired their website is your best friend.

There are standards for once you are hired as well on the site.
            http://www.secretservice.gov/join/APAT-Guide.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by liberty82 View Post
              No its when the background investigator meets with you to go over your background. Every Federal Law Enforcement job has an investigator complete this task. It just part of the background investigation.

Are you sure that you work for DHS in a FLEO position?
              For future reference, I would get your facts straight before you start questioning ones background. On that note I accept your apology. All is well
              Last edited by Firefox; 03-29-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Not sure why your carrying on after I apologized. I'm not going to get into who has more processes under their belt because the facts are we are both in this process together. If we don't correct or help each other out, why should any of us post on here. Good luck!

Comment

• If you're single and live alone would they still do a home interview?

Comment

• Yes, they would still do the interview since it is a part of the process. Mainly ment for family but it is to give the applicant a little more insight on what to expect, just to make sure its something you absolutely want to get involved with.
                    USSS-SA
                    Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                    Referred: 06/2014
                    Test Date: 07/13/2014
                    SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                    APAT: Passed w/ UD
                    SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                    COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                    SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                    MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    THE CALL: 12/11/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by MID2Agent View Post
                      Yes, they would still do the interview since it is a part of the process. Mainly ment for family but it is to give the applicant a little more insight on what to expect, just to make sure its something you absolutely want to get involved with.
                      Got it! Thanks

Comment

• Applied in the Jan 14 Announcement.
                        Got Referred in Feb.
                        Just got my SAEE test invite yesterday to take the exam this week.

I know of the preparation study guide I can use to prepare for the exam, but anyone else have any additional advice?

FYI - i am based in Miami

Comment

• Originally posted by Inspecting117 View Post
                          Applied in the Jan 14 Announcement.
                          Got Referred in Feb.

I know of the preparation study guide I can use to prepare for the exam, but anyone else have any additional advice?

The SAEE study guide provided on the USSS website is seriously the best way to prepare. I can't say much more than that but you'll be just fine if you go over it very thoroughly. Best of luck.

Comment

Applied in the Jan 14 Announcement.
                            Got Referred in Feb.

If you're male: wear a suit and tie, NOT a sport jacket, slacks and a tie. If you're female: wear the equivalent, and do not leave your hair down. Pull it back.

They called people out who weren't wearing the proper attire at the SAEE at this office.
                            Last edited by USSSApplicant; 03-31-2014, 11:31 AM. Reason: I erred.

Comment

• Originally posted by USSSApplicant View Post
                              If you're male: wear a suit and tie, NOT a sport jacket, slacks and a tie. If you're female: wear the equivalent, and do not leave your hair down. Pull it back.

They called people out who weren't wearing the proper attire at the SAEE at this office.
                              At this office... meaning the miami office? Or your local office?

Comment

At this office... meaning the miami office? Or your local office?
                                Miami.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12189 users online. 452 members and 11737 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X