Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time reader, first time posting. Had my home interview last week, and I was told the next classes for SA are June and September. They said all my stuff would get sent down to go in front of a hiring panel, but that they had no clue when the hiring panel meets. Depending on how many people are "on the shelf" already would determine witch class I get, and that's IF the hiring panel says yes to my file.

I'm a current 8 year FED LEO (1801), non vet with a BA and MA in CJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEL006 View Post
      Long time reader, first time posting. Had my home interview last week, and I was told the next classes for SA are June and September. They said all my stuff would get sent down to go in front of a hiring panel, but that they had no clue when the hiring panel meets. Depending on how many people are "on the shelf" already would determine witch class I get, and that's IF the hiring panel says yes to my file.

I'm a current 8 year FED LEO (1801), non vet with a BA and MA in CJ.
      Congrats!!!!! Seems like they (USSS) want to candidates hired and in classes within a year or so.

From the time you applied to the home visit is 10 months. That's pretty fast!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
        Congrats!!!!! Seems like they (USSS) want to candidates hired and in classes within a year or so.

From the time you applied to the home visit is 10 months. That's pretty fast!!
        Yea, this is by far the fastest process I have been in since I started working for the government. Even with the shutdown canceling my panel interview and having to reschedule. Only thing I'm worried about now is that I'm not a vet, so back of the bus I go. I had two ICE announcements get canceled on me and since 2009 I have been shut out of DEA,ATF, and USMS. I wasn't even allowed to test, even with my fed time, only vets. USSS and the FBI are, in my opinion, the only agencies right now that will let non vets go through the process. Oh well though, its all out of my hands now. Time to hurry up and wait.

Comment

Yea, this is by far the fastest process I have been in since I started working for the government. Even with the shutdown canceling my panel interview and having to reschedule. Only thing I'm worried about now is that I'm not a vet, so back of the bus I go. I had two ICE announcements get canceled on me and since 2009 I have been shut out of DEA,ATF, and USMS. I wasn't even allowed to test, even with my fed time, only vets. USSS and the FBI are, in my opinion, the only agencies right now that will let non vets go through the process. Oh well though, its all out of my hands now. Time to hurry up and wait.
          I'm in the same boat, except I'm a veteran. I had my home interview on March 12th and my background is done as far as I know. Medical tomorrow...then more waiting.

I hear that the first class will be toward the end of June so hopefully a hiring panel will meet in late April or early May.

Comment

• Still waiting, i have not received a test referral. Good luck to everyone moving forward on the process.

Comment

So you think that they (USSS) is going to push u through the process only to get to the hiring panel and push you away. I don't see that happening, but then again stranger things have happened. I wish u the best! You too taylor_usaf!

Comment

So you are just waiting on "the call" from USSS. I take it you are a June 2013 applicant? I have my SAEE next week and hoping I pass. I been studying that study guide like their is no tomorrow.

You made pretty good progress if you have already done the background portion of the USSS?
                I am a Oct 13 UD Applicant that went through ELAC, two day expedited process 9-10 Dec 13. I had to retake the poly after the holidays in mid Jan 14 and they began their background, did medical in Feb 14.

I applied to the Jan 14 SA announcement and have my SAEE tomorrow. If I pass and pass the re-panel, I will drop my UD application and focus on SA.

The only hiccup is the Medical Officer is requesting some crazy stuff from my Primary care provider. We'll see, its been a crazy ride to say the least!

Comment

• Originally posted by midcareerfedleo View Post

I applied to the Jan 14 SA announcement and have my SAEE tomorrow. If I pass and pass the re-panel, I will drop my UD application and focus on SA.
                  Sent you a PM too, but would you share where you are testing out of?

Comment

So you think that they (USSS) is going to push u through the process only to get to the hiring panel and push you away. I don't see that happening, but then again stranger things have happened. I wish u the best! You too taylor_usaf!
                    The G loooooves to waist money, so i'm not holding my breath until and if I get the call.
                    Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

• Originally posted by traylor_usaf View Post
                      I'm in the same boat, except I'm a veteran. I had my home interview on March 12th and my background is done as far as I know. Medical tomorrow...then more waiting.

I hear that the first class will be toward the end of June so hopefully a hiring panel will meet in late April or early May.
                      Nice, if we get in I owe you a beer for your service. However, If I don't get in because of you, I will haunt your dreams forever.

Comment

Nice, if we get in I owe you a beer for your service. However, If I don't get in because of you, I will haunt your dreams forever.
                        Well, he will be eating Fletc chicken, so his dreams will already be haunted...

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                          I was referred and have been contacted for testing by a field agent out of the midwest. I am not a vet just a lot of college and leo exp.
                          Are you testing in Chicago?
                          Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by SterlingArcher View Post
                            Sent you a PM too, but would you share where you are testing out of?
                            SAEE is outta Richmond, VA FO. notified last week. 27 Mar 14 exam

Comment

• Thanks, and good luck to you!

Comment

• Just wanted to post that I passed the SAEE. I took the test on Tuesday, so only a two day turn around that's outstanding. For the ones still waiting just study the practice test and rules over and over. Good luck to everyone that is in the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7941 users online. 424 members and 7517 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X