Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tons of questions

hi all found this out while seraching for info for the usss

well im a Naval Special Warfare Ground Mobility Mechanic for the past 8 1/2 yrs.well after 5 trips to Iraq and little to no money for getting blown up 3 times(luckly no major injuries) being shoot at nightly its time for a change.....so i will be going to apply for a SA job with the usss....so here is goes if there is any military guys in here please help out a brother.......

1-im currently working on my degree-does the usss take anyone with military experience over a degree
    2-can i apply with 2 yrs left on my contract
    3-do they move the family
    4-is it easier being in the military for the backround check
    5-can if accepted do the all the training during tap and sep leave.
    6-any military guys have any training that credits over besides basic military crap.
    7-any guys around sasn diego to meet up with and talk
    8-what type of questions are the panel and polly
    9-anyone have military experience and an associates degree and get in

have more but these are fine for now..thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by NSWBEE View Post

well im a Naval Special Warfare Ground Mobility Mechanic for the past 8 1/2 yrs.well after 5 trips to Iraq and little to no money for getting blown up 3 times(luckly no major injuries) being shoot at nightly its time for a change.....so i will be going to apply for a SA job with the usss....so here is goes if there is any military guys in here please help out a brother.......

1-im currently working on my degree-does the usss take anyone with military experience over a degree
      6-any military guys have any training that credits over besides basic military crap.

I am not military so I can't answer the military-based questions. I will try and help with the others, though. I don't think the USSS takes anyone over anyone else due to military experience or degree. It is how you do in the process and how your qualifications are as a whole (i.e. Master's, Bachelor's, BI, etc.) They told me in my interviews to be prepared to move at least three times during your career. That, of course, is completely unpredictable as you sign a worldwide mobility agreement. They can move you anywhere, anytime. They will do the same background investigation on you as they do everyone. It won't matter that you were/are in the military. Your training at FLETC will be the same as every other new agent, it won't matter that you were/are in the military. Nobody on here should comment on the types of questions on the polygraph or panel. Just be honest and prepared and you will be fine. I am sure someone with military experience and an associate's degree has been hired before, the website states that you can have a combination of education and work experience to get hired. However, I don't know how they will look at your military experience. This is a question more for a recruiter, give them a call I am sure they will help you out. Good luck and thank you for your service. Stay safe.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSWBEE View Post

I am military so I will try to answer what I know.

1. I haven't met anyone in the process yet (applicant or agent) without a degree. Not saying it can't happen. Just my experience

2. You can apply anytime but you have to be ready and available to go on the interviews, take the treasury enforcement exam etc... but most importantly accept the position if offered. I would wait until you had 1 year left to apply.

3. They do not pay for new hire relocation. But after that it is on the gov. dime.

4. No, mainly because they have to follow you to all the locations you have lived for more than 3 months or so. In my case that is 8 different locations. The BI will take a while

5. I don't know if they care whether or not you are on sep leave for the training.

6. I don't understand the question. Do you mean college credits?

7. N/A

8. The questions on the panel and poly are confidential. We sign a confidentiality agreement before the interview. But you can probably guess what the type of questions they are. Get a book from the library on job interviews and you will be pretty close already.

9. N/A, I have a bachelor's degree.

My advice to you is start your degree while you are in the Navy. Get out and take a job with a local PD while you finish. then apply. You will most likely be a shoe in then.

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 10:36 AM. Reason: del

Comment

• Background Check

Hello All, I am new to the forum, but have been going through the USSS SA hiring process for about 11 months. I completed the Polygraph in September and have since gone over with my Military records with an investigator. It's been a while since any more movement on my background investigation. Any comments? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by captsamuel View Post
                Hello All, I am new to the forum, but have been going through the USSS SA hiring process for about 11 months. I completed the Polygraph in September and have since gone over with my Military records with an investigator. It's been a while since any more movement on my background investigation. Any comments? Thanks.
                Welcome to the forum. If your BI starts, that's usually a good indication that you have a more likely than not chance of getting hired. I've seen BI's take anywhere from 2-6 months with USSS so just be patient. There probably is activity going on that you don't know about. Have you had your home interview or drug screen yet? That's usually a good sign as well. Good luck.
                Last edited by FutureAgent001; 11-19-2008, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Took the Polygraph today. Can't say I feel good about how it went. Those that have taken it know what I mean. The examiner told me that he is reccomending that I continue in the process but I did have some "responses" to certain questions and the decision will ultimately be left up to quality control.

I don't know if that is normal or if I failed and he just doesn't want to break the news to me.

Anyone heard this line before?

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
                      Welcome to the forum. If your BI starts, that's usually a good indication that you have a more likely than not chance of getting hired. I've seen BI's take anywhere from 2-6 months with USSS so just be patient. There probably is activity going on that you don't know about. Have you had your home interview or drug screen yet? That's usually a good sign as well. Good luck.
                      No, I haven't had my drug screen or home interview yet either. Also, I am exiting the Army and moving to another geographic location. I've informed my FO, hope it doesn't hinder my process...

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                        You passed but the results are reviewed by HQ.

Lots of fun huh, I remember mine about 5 years ago...real good way to spend 8 hours. My guy said I passed but would need to be reviewed...that is why I think you passed.
                        Lord I hope you are right. Some of those questions were so vague I don't have a good read on it. Anyway, I guess I will know in about a month or so. Best to just carry on and not think about it too much. Otherwise it will drive me crazy. So my timeline is as follows

05/08 Applied
                        05/08 Initial Interview
                        07/08 TEA exam (passed)
                        08/08 Panel interview (passed)
                        09/08 Physical (passed)
                        10/08 Follow up eye appointment (passed)
                        11/08 Polygraph (waiting)

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
                            Took the Polygraph today. Can't say I feel good about how it went. Those that have taken it know what I mean. The examiner told me that he is reccomending that I continue in the process but I did have some "responses" to certain questions and the decision will ultimately be left up to quality control.

I don't know if that is normal or if I failed and he just doesn't want to break the news to me.

I took mine last Thursday. He advised that I passed, but that all polygraph examinations are reviewed by DC. If the reviewers do not concur with his scoring, then you may hear back to take another poly or to clear up a question. So yes, it is normal. I also "responded" to one question I had no idea why I would "respond" to.
                            I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

• Originally posted by captsamuel View Post
                              No, I haven't had my drug screen or home interview yet either. Also, I am exiting the Army and moving to another geographic location. I've informed my FO, hope it doesn't hinder my process...
                              Do yourself a favor and call the recruitment and hiring coordination center too and tell them that you're moving (their # is on the USSS website). I moved and informed my field office and 3 months later found out that my address was never updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
                                Took the Polygraph today. Can't say I feel good about how it went. Those that have taken it know what I mean. The examiner told me that he is reccomending that I continue in the process but I did have some "responses" to certain questions and the decision will ultimately be left up to quality control.

Sounds to me that you'll be fine. I was told at the end of mine that I "most likely would not be continuing on in the process" and a month later found out I passed. Don't worry about it. Everyone feels terrible and uneasy after the poly; you're supposed to feel that way apparently

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6485 users online. 231 members and 6254 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X