300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tanner30 View Post
    TrueBlue, did you ever get a call about choosing between UD and SA? I am in the same boat and I haven't been told when I get to choose or do they go ahead and make that decision on their own.
    No, they still haven't made me drop one or the other, and I have no idea how or when that will happen. I'm still hung up in medical, waiting to clear for the last 6 months, even though my local FO already completed my background.

Comment

• Well, I wasn't selected to test for Chicago. Just got the e-mail.

No Vet Pref., but former Secret Service UD Officer, followed by 5 years in the Intelligence Community doing counterterrorism work, followed by 4 years in IT. Bachelor's in Computer Science and currently working on my Master's in Computer, Information, and Network Security. I have gone through the agent hiring for USSS in the past and got through the poly before I got a BQA letter; I'm not sure how they deemed that I did not meet the minimum qualifications this time around, unless it came down to my lack of veteran's preference.

I've still got a few years before I hit 37. Hopefully, I can get in under a later announcement.

Good Luck to the rest of you in the process though!
      Last edited by bellyer; 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bellyer View Post
        Well, I wasn't selected to test for Chicago. Just got the e-mail.

No Vet Pref., but former Secret Service UD Officer, followed by 5 years in the Intelligence Community doing counterterrorism work, followed by 4 years in IT. Bachelor's in Computer Science and currently working on my Master's in Computer, Information, and Network Security. I have gone through the agent hiring for USSS in the past and got through the poly before I got a BQA letter; I'm not sure how they deemed that I did not meet the minimum qualifications this time around, unless it came down to my lack of veteran's preference.

I've still got a few years before I hit 37. Hopefully, I can get in under a later announcement.

Sorry to hear that bud, I'm pretty sure you will get picked up by another agency. They are going to open another hiring posting soon so I would try again then.

Comment

• Just got my results from the entrance exam I took last week... passed it! I guess it looks like PT test is next

Comment

• Congratulations. Was the wait the full five days or was it sooner for the results? Just curious, I'm taking the test tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by bellyer View Post
              Well, I wasn't selected to test for Chicago. Just got the e-mail.

Very impressive resume, I am surprised you did not get selected. I have not heard anything yet but if I get a test notice I am sure it's only because I'm a vet because you have a better resume (in my opinion) than me. You will get picked up somewhere, don't fret. Did your status ever say "referred" on USAJobs?
              Last edited by 3531Marine; 03-24-2014, 04:19 PM.
              Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by liberty82 View Post
                Congratulations. Was the wait the full five days or was it sooner for the results? Just curious, I'm taking the test tomorrow
                Good luck! My turnaround time was exactly 7 calendar days

Comment

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post
                  Good luck! My turnaround time was exactly 7 calendar days
                  Can you say that the exam guide on the USSS website played a major part?

Comment

• Tanner30, did you have to redo anything for the sa position or did all of the ud carry over. I literally have everything done for ud but have the saee on Thursday. Hoping that is all I have to do.. And hoping I pass it too!

Comment

• Question for the people in the process?

If you already have a TS clearance with DOJ (i.e. FBI), will the USSS do another background or will they transfer it over?

Just wonder will they try and save time or will they do another full fledge background investigation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                        Question for the people in the process?

If you already have a TS clearance with DOJ (i.e. FBI), will the USSS do another background or will they transfer it over?

Just wonder will they try and save time or will they do another full fledge background investigation?
                        They will do another one. I have one with DoD and just did my periodic review, and they will issue their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by midcareerfedleo View Post
                          Tanner30, did you have to redo anything for the sa position or did all of the ud carry over. I literally have everything done for ud but have the saee on Thursday. Hoping that is all I have to do.. And hoping I pass it too!
                          There were 2 separate interviews. Everything else carries over

Comment

• Regarding the background, doesnt matter what you have. The USSS will redo it, I also have a DOD TS-SCI for the past 8 years. From what I gathered, since I received tons of calls from old friends and coworkers, the investigators took a multi-aspect approach to it(in my opinion). Verified application data, determined suitability (alcohol use, work habits, etc) and National Security stuff (foreign travel, relatives, foreigners you communicate with). It was quite the surprise.. and the poly was no joke. Luckily its all done!

Comment

• Originally posted by midcareerfedleo View Post
                              Regarding the background, doesnt matter what you have. The USSS will redo it, I also have a DOD TS-SCI for the past 8 years. From what I gathered, since I received tons of calls from old friends and coworkers, the investigators took a multi-aspect approach to it(in my opinion). Verified application data, determined suitability (alcohol use, work habits, etc) and National Security stuff (foreign travel, relatives, foreigners you communicate with). It was quite the surprise.. and the poly was no joke. Luckily its all done!
                              So you are just waiting on "the call" from USSS. I take it you are a June 2013 applicant? I have my SAEE next week and hoping I pass. I been studying that study guide like their is no tomorrow.

You made pretty good progress if you have already done the background portion of the USSS?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                                Very impressive resume, I am surprised you did not get selected. I have not heard anything yet but if I get a test notice I am sure it's only because I'm a vet because you have a better resume (in my opinion) than me. You will get picked up somewhere, don't fret. Did your status ever say "referred" on USAJobs?
                                I was referred and have been contacted for testing by a field agent out of the midwest. I am not a vet just a lot of college and leo exp.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9885 users online. 473 members and 9412 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X