300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Federally View Post
    Just a basic preparation period before heading out. I know that some agencies require their applicants to report to their field office prior to just to get them settled in.
    Every agency has an in-processing for new personnel. Besides that, I would say any "pre-academy" you are talking about is because of logistical/scheduling purposes with FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by FED/guy View Post
      The problem must be that you failed to articulate your experience in your questionnaire responses and or on your resume. Also remember that fi you articulate something on the questionnaire you must show it on your resume also. Remember Federal Resumes reviewers dont draw Inferences like you'd expect in a private sector resume review. You have to give details and those details must cover keywords or key topics highlighted from the announcement. i have been doing this federal resume thing for years with numerous jobs and have saw how responsive my reseume was before and after numerous revisions.
      As a former federal leo I think that is good advice but I got my previous position with a 1 page resume and just got my test invite for this announcement on a 2 page resume (1 page employment, 1 page education). It could be too that there are so many applicants they don't have time to go through a 6 page resume. But who really knows right?

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
        As a former federal leo I think that is good advice but I got my previous position with a 1 page resume and just got my test invite for this announcement on a 2 page resume (1 page employment, 1 page education). It could be too that there are so many applicants they don't have time to go through a 6 page resume. But who really knows right?
        Here is a question has everyone that has received a test invite been a vet, FLEO, and have a bachelors degree or higher? The reason I ask is because it would be an easy way to separate applicants that are equally qualified in regards to experience. I am not implying that candidates without these qualifications are not qualified for the position, just that it would be an easy way to separate the candidates.

Comment

• I'm a vet with a Master's and haven't heard anything one way or the other yet.

Comment

• Non vet. Masters. Same boat as texan

Comment

• Originally posted by Capet View Post
              Non vet. Masters. Same boat as texan
              Well for the ones referred we must have had the correct key words and phrases in our resumes. I also bet you guys did not choose a,b, or c on the assessment questions? Did you choose d and e? If none of my assumptions are correct they must choose our names out of a hat. However, I have only been denied to test by HSI in 2011, but I was lacking my degree at that time. I already had the vet and FLEO.

Comment

• I made it through the HSI process in 2011 and am still waiting on funding for a FLETC date. I also got selected to test for the FBI but they lost funding before it happened so who knows whats going on with these guys!

Comment

• Just received test invite. Applied for 1 location in NY, non vet, non leo, just a BS accounting degree.

Comment

Non vet. Masters. Same boat as texan
                    Well for the ones referred we must have had the correct key words and phrases in our resumes. I also bet you guys did not choose a or b on most of the assessment questions? Did you choose c,d, or e? If none of my assumptions are correct they must choose our names out of a hat. However, I have only been denied to test by HSI in 2011, but I was lacking my degree at that time. I already had the vet and FLEO. That is how I came to my current assumptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc000 View Post
                      Just received test invite. Applied for 1 location in NY, non vet, non leo, just a BS accounting degree.
                      Please tell me you're joking lol.

Edit: I thought you were stating you just graduated college.
                      Last edited by Capet; 03-13-2014, 04:16 PM. Reason: Incorrect assumption

Comment

• You might be right. I didn't get anything last year either

Comment

Please tell me you're joking lol.
                          Well that throws out all of our ideas. I guess its like the BP one guy is a rocket scientist and the other works as a greeter at Walmart and they both get a job offer. By the way I have seen this scenario in the past except the rocket scientist was the guy that was a vet, prior law enforcement and had a degree. That is why it is a waste of time to compare life experience stats when it comes to landing a federal job.

Comment

• I agree. I'm done speculating haha. I just want to receive an email.

Comment

I agree. I'm done speculating haha. I just want to receive an email.
                              For the ones that got referred just remember that individual field offices are sending the test invites and not D.C. Good luck.

Comment

• Question, when applying I believe you had to apply through the announcement that included your current residence. How do you advise the secret service that you don't actually want to work in that particular area, but a different region?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13180 users online. 479 members and 12701 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X