300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU View Post
      I must be getting old because that didn't make any sense to me.
      We were taking a cell phone data recovery class. During the class, the SS agents from ECTF were joking around and went into DOS and sent switches making other student's DVD trays open up on their desktops. It was pretty funny. This was in reference to:

Originally posted by England View Post
      Forgive me,

ECTF??? What's that?

Comment

• Originally posted by P-51R View Post
        We were taking a cell phone data recovery class. During the class, the SS agents from ECTF were joking around and went into DOS and sent switches making other student's DVD trays open up on their desktops. It was pretty funny. This was in reference to:
        I'm not completely computer illiterate but I think I would be one of those that were the butt of that joke.

Comment

• This is my first post here. So hello everyone. I wanted advice about something I have been pondering about, and yes I HAVE used the "Search" feature, so don't worry

I am interested in the USSS, the 1811 is definitely something I have interest in, as well as the ECTF. I am currently starting my final year acquiring my BA in Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness and minor in Criminal Justice at VCU. I know I don't have the proper LE or military experience that most people apply for would have, but I can't see it hurting to at least apply for these types positions. As to my question: I will be graduating in December of '09, and with the way the hiring process tends to work out (most of the time) would it be wiser to apply before graduation? If so what would an ideal time to apply be?

I am not holding this as my only option, I am also looking at other federal agencies, and not all are 1811 positions, CT and Intel analyst jobs are also on my list of "to apply for".

Thanks.

And good luck to all those going through the different stages of the process right now.

Comment

• I was wondering if anyone knows when the next hiring panel is. I was told back in September that I would be getting "the call" in November. I spoke with my FO this week and they called HQ and HQ indicated the panel would be "soon." I called the recruiting and hiring office and they could not tell me anything other then the panel is meeting soon.

In regards to the question about moving. USSS does not pay for your first move UNLESS you are already a Fed.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU View Post
              Has anyone heard dates on the next hiring panel?

Besides McCall80, has anyone ever received confirmation that their package is complete and going before the next panel?

Happy Birthday to the Devil Dogs out there on the forum.

I received confirmation from my FO that my packet was completed and was forwarded on to the hiring panel. I am waiting to hear something.

Comment

• Linus,

Welcome to the board! I believe the consensus is that the hiring panel is meeting mid December. There has been talk of a Nov panel; however, everything we hear should be taken as rumor. With that in mind, I have tried to forget everything about the process, of course that is terribly difficult. Unfortunately, I ended up selling my house quicker than expected and I am now in the process of moving out. Because of this I ended up calling the recruitment center to change my contact info. I happened to ask for insight as to the next hiring panel and was given the common "I am not privileged to release that information" line. I understand and definitely don't want to push the issue. Hopefully, my lesson in patience will be coming to an end very soon! lol...

With any luck, you will join me and many others on this forum in the Jan class. Here is to keeping our fingers crossed!

Comment

• Do you guys know of anyone that was DQ'ed because of the color vision requirements? I have abnormal (red/green) color deficiency. I told them up front about it and they didn't say much. I have tried to do some research online, but I cannot find whether normal color vision is a "must have." It doesn't indicate on the USSS website or USAJOBS.

After the 3-hr polygraph yesterday and going through the physical sick today, I would not be a happy camper if this gigged me at the end.
                  I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                    Do you guys know of anyone that was DQ'ed because of the color vision requirements? I have abnormal (red/green) color deficiency. I told them up front about it and they didn't say much. I have tried to do some research online, but I cannot find whether normal color vision is a "must have." It doesn't indicate on the USSS website or USAJOBS.

After the 3-hr polygraph yesterday and going through the physical sick today, I would not be a happy camper if this gigged me at the end.
                    I can't offer a lot of help here, but all I know is that my only medical follow-up was for the color vision test. For some reason they didn't accept my results for the original medical and I had to do it again. I guess this suggests that there is some requirement that is followed. Good luck, I definitely agree that enduring the poly was not a fun experience and getting booted for something like a vision requirement that was explained fully in advance would be frustrating.

Comment

• I calle to check on my status with the head secretary at my field office and she gave me a maybe date for my panel interview, with the possibility of last minute cancelation. Better news than last time I called in September and was told probablly after the inaugeration. So calling does help remind them you are patiently waiting, it is the day after thanksgiving so hopefully the agents are still doped up on turkey.

Comment

• Great News!

GREAT news ATLiens!

Did Raleigh call you? Charlotte transferred your file, correct?

You have no idea how happy I am for you after 9 months of waiting...

Hopefully Charlotte will call me soon. Good luck on your Panel, keep me posted!

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SEAL6770 View Post
                            Good luck bud. I have my panel next week too (11/20).
                            Preciate it man. Good luck with you too.

Comment

• Yeah, Raleigh called me last week. I am happy too. I have to get back into "SS Applicant mode" again. Since this is such a long process, I put it out of my mind so I am not so anxious. I will admit that everytime "Private" came across my caller ID, I did ask myself is this the call for the next process. I guess about 12 months is the average time from what I have read from all of you. But anyway, thanks! You will have to let me know where you are in the process.

Originally posted by Good_to_go! View Post
                              GREAT news ATLiens!

Did Raleigh call you? Charlotte transferred your file, correct?

You have no idea how happy I am for you after 9 months of waiting...

Hopefully Charlotte will call me soon. Good luck on your Panel, keep me posted!

Comment

• ************************************************** **
                                Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:36 AM. Reason: del

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4054 users online. 198 members and 3856 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X