300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drug screen?

Hey guys new to the forum it's really a great site. I have a concern and was looking for little advice, especially from those that have finished the process(Springer, PSU and others). I had my home interview at the end of March and was told that the next step would be for my packet to go in front of the hiring panel. But, after looking through some of post on here, I've noticed the ones who have finished had a "drug screen" during the B.I. or shortly after. I was under the assumption the wiz test was at the medical. It's been over a month since the home interview and still no word on taking a drug screen. Should I call and see if it's something they've missed or just keeping waiting. I would really hate for something as small as a drug screen to keep my packet from going in front of the hiring panel.

Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Comment

I took the drug screen after the home interview and when my BI was just about finished. I think it is one of the last steps. There is no harm in calling the office and pointing out that you have not had your drug screen yet. Maybe they can find something out but my request to take the drug screen came from D.C. and not my local office.

Comment

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the hiring board metting this month? and if so, when?

Comment

Got the Call!!!

Hey guys got the call Friday. Given three options. Start the 29th of this month. FLETC JUNE 19TH. Good luck to all

Comment

I've got a question for any of those who are in the SA process or are currently USSS SA's. I'm currently a Deputy Sheriff in Michigan, and about 9 -10 classes from my Bachelors which I should have done in less than a year. My question is; do you have to possess a BA before you can apply to the USSS or can you apply prior to completing your degree as long as it is done before you are offered a job? I was just curious because I've noticed that the process can take anywhere up to a year long before you are hired. Additionally, I looked into the NCIS and you are allowed to apply for a SA position with them up to six months prior to receiving your degree.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

batter up, for USSS people go to FLETC? Will you be doing any other type of academy? I ask because FLETC is almos a cake walk.

Comment

Hey Up.., are you a USSS SA? If so, I got a question for ya..

Comment

Hey Dgeaton it is for S.A. Fire away with your question?

Comment

Originally posted by MIDeputy View Post
                    I've got a question for any of those who are in the SA process or are currently USSS SA's. I'm currently a Deputy Sheriff in Michigan, and about 9 -10 classes from my Bachelors which I should have done in less than a year. My question is; do you have to possess a BA before you can apply to the USSS or can you apply prior to completing your degree as long as it is done before you are offered a job? I was just curious because I've noticed that the process can take anywhere up to a year long before you are hired. Additionally, I looked into the NCIS and you are allowed to apply for a SA position with them up to six months prior to receiving your degree.

Thanks for the info.

You can apply nine months before you recieve your BA/BS

Comment

Who rides motorcycles in the motorcade, UD or SA? I think I remember reading its UD, but I wanted to find out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                        SA's and UD do an additional training academy in MD (about 15 weeks) after FLETC. You are correct, FLETC is easy...when you get back to Beltsville the real fun starts. The agents are treated much better than UD when in MD but that is my opinion.
                        BTW, I thought the training in GA was very solid but should be more paramilitary.

How so?

Comment

Originally posted by igneous View Post
                          Who rides motorcycles in the motorcade, UD or SA? I think I remember reading its UD, but I wanted to find out for sure.
                          UD does

Comment

motors

UD and dc mmetro and capitol police and park police

Comment

I was just trying to get a feel for the "approximate" timeline when getting your results from the Poly. I know the saying, no news is good news. Anyone who says that they don't mind the waiting game is lying. It will be 1 month on the 19th since I took it. My guess is if I failed, I would know sooner than later, just a guess. I've been told 4-6 weeks. I was asked if I would take it again if they requested me to and I agreed. Still waiting. Any advice from anyone...Greatly appreciated.

Comment

For those of you who have received "the call" who did it come from, someone at your local field office or washington d.c.? Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6566 users online. 285 members and 6281 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X