300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
    That's definitely a good point; I guess I was just thinking along the lines of perhaps he just had a bad interview day or something like that. It would be really helpful if he could find out why he didn't clear the panel, but that's probably impossible to find out.
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. I was not prepared at all - meaning I did not know it was going to be complete different type of interview I had ever experienced in my life.

I just wanted to know what the correct way to re-applying is. A phone call or resubmit all paperwork.

Has anyone here failed the panel interview and re-applied?

BPA
    test: 04/08
    Results: Passed - 04/08
    COE Received - 05/08
    Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
    Panel: 07/08: Passed
    BI: ?..
    CBPO
    test: 03/08
    Results: Passed - 04/08
    COE Received: 06/08
    Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
    VBT: Passed 07/08
    BI: ???
    FBI
    Phase I: 05/08
    Results: Passed 05/08
    Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
    Language test (o): Passed 07/08
    Panel: 10/08: ???
    PFT: 11/08: ???
    USSS
    TEA test: 08/07
    Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
      Yeah, that's pretty much it. I was not prepared at all - meaning I did not know it was going to be complete different type of interview I had ever experienced in my life.

I just wanted to know what the correct way to re-applying is. A phone call or resubmit all paperwork.

Has anyone here failed the panel interview and re-applied?
      I have no experience with this but I remember looking at a policy with the FBI that if you pass phase I and do not get invited to phase II, you just resubmit the app after you gain more ed or exp.

Probably the same in the SS. Just reapply.

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
        I have no experience with this but I remember looking at a policy with the FBI that if you pass phase I and do not get invited to phase II, you just resubmit the app after you gain more ed or exp.

Probably the same in the SS. Just reapply.
        Well it would be the same in the sense that your TEA score would still be valid after one year and I doubt you'd have to take another initial interview. So, logic would say he would have to apply again and they would review it and maybe give him another shot at the panel. I don't have any experience with it either, though. His best bet would be to just send the package in like he was starting from scratch. Odds are some of the info on the package has changed anyway since the last time he submitted it.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Quick Question

I have an eye appointment this Friday. I know that I don't have 20/20 vision, but I think it is somewhere between 20/40 and 20/60. I can see perfectly at close distances but have trouble making out things far away. On the USSS web-site it says I need 20/60 uncorrected binocular vision and 20/20 corrected vision. When they say 20/20 corrected, does that mean with glasses or contacts? I would assumed so, but I just wanted to make sure they didn't mean corrected, as in surgery. The main reason I ask is because the last eye appointment I had I didn't have 20/20 vision, but also didn't qualify for LASIK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
              Quick Question

I have an eye appointment this Friday. I know that I don't have 20/20 vision, but I think it is somewhere between 20/40 and 20/60. I can see perfectly at close distances but have trouble making out things far away. On the USSS web-site it says I need 20/60 uncorrected binocular vision and 20/20 corrected vision. When they say 20/20 corrected, does that mean with glasses or contacts? I would assumed so, but I just wanted to make sure they didn't mean corrected, as in surgery. The main reason I ask is because the last eye appointment I had I didn't have 20/20 vision, but also didn't qualify for LASIK.
              When they say 20/20 corrected, does that mean with glasses or contacts?

The answer is YES.

Comment

Quick Question

They mean glasses or contacts.

20/60 uncorrected means no glasses or contacts and 20/20 corrected means with glasses or contacts.

If you have surgery, you are improving your uncorrected vision.

Comment

• Any idea whether they prefer one or the other? I currently have glasses that I wear when I need to see something far away (i.e. power point presentation in church service), but I am going to look into contacts this Friday.

Comment

Quick Question

Did you see if you qualified for PRK?

Comment

• Do you need a degree to apply?

Comment

• Originally posted by scoobs View Post
                        Do you need a degree to apply?
                        Straight from www.secretservice.gov:

Requirements
                        U.S. citizenship
                        Must be at least 21 years of age and younger than 37 at time of appointment
                        (1) Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; or (2) three years of work experience in the criminal investigative or law enforcement fields that require knowledge and application of laws relating to criminal violations; or (3) an equivalent combination of education and related experience:

According to the Office of Personnel Management regulations, non-qualifying law enforcement experience is as follows: Experience as a uniformed law enforcement officer where the principal duties consisted of investigations and arrests involving traffic violations, minor felonies, misdemeanors, and comparable offenses; or in which the major duties involved guarding and protecting property, preventing crimes, and/or legal research without the application of investigative techniques.

Uncorrected vision no worse than 20/60 binocular; correctable to 20/20 in each eye.
                        (NOTE: Lasik, ALK, RK and PRK corrective eye surgeries are acceptable eye surgeries for special agent applicants provided specific visual tests are passed. The following are the waiting periods before visual tests are conducted after the surgery: Lasik surgery – three months; PRK – six months; and ALK and RK – one year.)
                        Must pass the Treasury Enforcement Agent (TEA) written examination
                        Complete background investigation to include in-depth interviews, drug screening, medical examination and polygraph examination

Comment

Any idea whether they prefer one or the other? I currently have glasses that I wear when I need to see something far away (i.e. power point presentation in church service), but I am going to look into contacts this Friday.
                          If your vision is worse than 20/60 corrected than you WILL NOT qualify to be a SA unless you have lasik or PRK.

Comment

• There is hope!

Just received a call from my local SS office. My panel has been scheduled for next week. I had said to the secretary that I was waiting for them to call, but I wasn't going to bother them asking when is this and that, etc. She laughed and said I have been the best and most patient applicant she has ever had. So with that in mind, Do not call and worry your processing office!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLiens View Post
                              There is hope!

Just received a call from my local SS office. My panel has been scheduled for next week. I had said to the secretary that I was waiting for them to call, but I wasn't going to bother them asking when is this and that, etc. She laughed and said I have been the best and most patient applicant she has ever had. So with that in mind, Do not call and worry your processing office!
                              Good luck bud. I have my panel next week too (11/20).

Comment

• ECTF Division is the heat. I took a few classes with a couple of those agents and they were making my DVD tray open and close.
                                Last edited by P-51R; 11-13-2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8169 users online. 184 members and 7985 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X