300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
    If it says referred, I think it is safe to say that you will be invited for testing. I was referred too yesterday, it will be my 3rd time. I can't seem to pass their written test.

For all you folks who are LE and have master degrees who can't get referred, I would say work on your resume and the questionnaire so they can give you full credit for your experience. I am not in LE (military vet), and been referred a few times.

And good luck to us, hopefully third times is the charm indeed.
    Pulling for ya Forza!!! Best regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by traylor_usaf View Post
      Just received a call from the SA doing my background investigation. Said he would be poking around base and my neighborhood today, might swing by to say "hi". Also said that he will have my investigation done by tomorrow so we scheduled my "home interview" for Wednesday evening.

Just sent you a PM

Comment

• I'm out of the running for June 3rd vacancy. Good luck to you all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
          If it says referred, I think it is safe to say that you will be invited for testing. I was referred too yesterday, it will be my 3rd time. I can't seem to pass their written test.

For all you folks who are LE and have master degrees who can't get referred, I would say work on your resume and the questionnaire so they can give you full credit for your experience. I am not in LE (military vet), and been referred a few times.

And good luck to us, hopefully third times is the charm indeed.
          I actually had a contact from a close friend who is one of the recruiters. I spoke to this man directly and sent him my resume at his request. He looked it over and even gave me advice on what they are looking for and what to put on the resume. Let's just say that my resume went from barely touching four pages to a solid six pages once I was done speaking to him...

Even with all this information I still didn't get referred...

I also got the notice via USA Jobs. I then went on SS website and saw "Not Referred".

I'm sure that I made a mistake on the questioner. I was having second thoughts trough out the vacancy announcement.

I'm hearing that a new vacancy will be open by April.

Good luck to all!!

Comment

• JoeEsq42 -- I just PMed you.
            Last edited by k103; 03-10-2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Well I'm just waiting to hear/see from anyone on this forum or from the USSS if they will allow for a re-test of the poly? Will allow me to appeal? Will allow me to apply during the next announcement and continue from where I left off? Anyone care to speculate how this is done? I doubt I'm the only one ever to have asked this question? Hope not.....

Comment

• Just took the poly today. The proctor said I passed and he was recommending me to advance but it's up to the final panel.

Comment

• Did anybody only sign up for 6 or 7 of the available offices and get referred? I'm wondering if they will even refer individuals that only signed up for a couple offices

Comment

• I only checked TX for the 07 scale. At this point in my life I can kind of be a little picky. No referral yet, so probably DENIED!!! haha

Comment

• LRTPA -- Did your guy say anything about timeframe? Thanks!!

Comment

• For the guys that took or are scheduled to take the poly, to your knowledge did everyone out of your office get called at the same time to schedule their poly or were the phone calls staggered by a few days/weeks???

Comment

• Originally posted by Federally View Post
                          For the guys that took or are scheduled to take the poly, to your knowledge did everyone out of your office get called at the same time to schedule their poly or were the phone calls staggered by a few days/weeks???
                          Same time, same day for our FO.

Comment

• Yeah....I definitely was pretty picky myself. I haven't been referred either but just thought I'd ask to see whether it made a huge difference or not.

Word from my SS buddy in D.C is there will be 500 agents hired on. He didn't specify a time frame but I imagine that number will be achieved 1 year out from the presidential election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federally View Post
                              For the guys that took or are to take the poly, to your knowledge did everyone out of your office get called at the same time to schedule their poly or were the phone calls staggered by a few days/weeks???
                              I've been waiting for almost 2 months to be scheduled...I know at least a couple of applicants have been scheduled in the previous week or two...I haven't heard a thing, even called the investigator who completed my SI and he didn't know...said HQ handles the scheduling. All he said was about 2 of the 10 applicants remaining have been scheduled.

Anyone from Dallas FO still waiting for poly?

Comment

• Referred for testing!!!!! Application status for GL-7 changed back to application under review!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13023 users online. 492 members and 12531 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X