300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
    Be prepared to disengaged the tie when the poly begins.
    They only made me take off the jacket...tie was left on...either way, dress like you would if you were already hired...let them tell you to leave a tie on or take it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by texengland View Post
      For the Jan guys, mine went to "You will be notified via Email" on Friday but still no email. Anybody else heard anything?
      Mine says "You will be notified via Email" for the 9 announcement, but no change for the 7.

Comment

• Does anyone have inside knowledge on what is going on with the January announcement. Besides being referred on usajobs and the comments section change on the SS site all I have heard is crickets? Starting to wonder if the announcement is going to be cancelled.

Comment

• Here's a question to anyone with personal knowledge of this agency... If a veteran collects disability for PTSD and is held up in the medical review board because of it, is this a major issue to them, or is this really nothing to worry about? I feel like giving veterans preference should make the PTSD sort of a common non-issue, but then again you really never know. I'd love any input you guys may have. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by saone View Post
            Mine says "You will be notified via Email" for the 9 announcement, but no change for the 7.
            I've been contacted and told to hold fast for a week or two.
            The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Who and how did they contact you with that info?

Comment

• For the poly, are the examiners from HQ or local FO?

Comment

• The examiners are from HQ.

Comment

• Re the PTSD issue, my opinion is that they will look at it on a case by case basis as they would any other type of medical condition. It is not an auto DQ if that is a concern. If someone who has some degree of PTSD is deemed fit for service and cleared medically, they should be ok. More likely than not they will send that candidate for further testing and follow ups to make sure he is fit. But they would do that for any other potential medical issue, like high blood pressure or proteins in urine.

Comment

• Got the call for the medical yesterday! It took over a month to hear back after the poly. Wahooo!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeEsq42 View Post
                        Re the PTSD issue, my opinion is that they will look at it on a case by case basis as they would any other type of medical condition. It is not an auto DQ if that is a concern. If someone who has some degree of PTSD is deemed fit for service and cleared medically, they should be ok. More likely than not they will send that candidate for further testing and follow ups to make sure he is fit. But they would do that for any other potential medical issue, like high blood pressure or proteins in urine.
                        Yeah, thanks man, that's kind of what I figured. The only thing I'm concerned about is that my medical eval was like 5 months ago, and they haven't contacted me for any type of follow-up appointment, but I'm still stuck in the medical phase. I'm getting restless, because I get that nasty feeling like I'm slipping through some kind of crack somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by oifvet159 View Post
                          They only made me take off the jacket...tie was left on...either way, dress like you would if you were already hired...let them tell you to leave a tie on or take it off.
                          Oh, I forgot and leave your common-sense at home!
                          The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• TrueBlue - they may just be dragging their feet until other regions catch up, no way to tell and I'm sort of in a similar boat albeit 2 steps behind you. You can try to contact your FO or Human Capital, but tough getting through to someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
                              Here's a question to anyone with personal knowledge of this agency... If a veteran collects disability for PTSD and is held up in the medical review board because of it, is this a major issue to them, or is this really nothing to worry about? I feel like giving veterans preference should make the PTSD sort of a common non-issue, but then again you really never know. I'd love any input you guys may have. Thanks
                              I am not with the USSS but with another fed agency, and I have known people to be 80-90 % Va disability with no problems. That sounds like borderline discrimination. Then again, I might be completely off on this one.
                              Last edited by USAFANG03; 03-04-2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by liberty82 View Post
                                Does anyone have inside knowledge on what is going on with the January announcement. Besides being referred on usajobs and the comments section change on the SS site all I have heard is crickets? Starting to wonder if the announcement is going to be cancelled.
                                I'm new to the forum but I called about a week ago and Human Capital said there about 2 weeks behind due to severe weather they had.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8029 users online. 455 members and 7574 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X