300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Future FedSA View Post
    I have a question for anyone that can answer it as best as possible. I just got the BQA a few hours ago for the GS-9 pay grade. Am I still in the running for GS-7 ( I put in for it) or should I consider myself out from the process once you get a BQA?
    I received an e-mail yesterday stated that I was not one of the best qualified for the GS-9 grade but nothing for the GS-7. I went on USA-Jobs and my status still under review for the GS-7 pay grade. I think they are still reviewing my application to see if I am one of the best qualify applicants for GS-7.
    Last edited by AirmanRicky; 02-22-2014, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• I feel bad for you guys that are being passed up, but at least you have received a response. I have yet to receive any type of response other than my application is under review. I am sure everyone on here would rather get a no instead of waiting for almost a month with no response and in the end getting a no. Do not get me wrong, I hope to get the opportunity to test and move forward with the process, but this waiting game is absurd. I am already a Federal LEO and should know that this has and will always be part of the process, the hurry up, wait, forget, and then they call. Its a continuous cycle with every agency, been through this a few times.

Comment

• I haven't received any emails I just check my status daily on the USA jobs web site and it says my app for GL-7 and GL-9 is under review.

I expect to hear something this week since the SAEE is two weeks away.

Comment

• I looked around and made some calls regarding the application. I was pretty much told that just because you weren't selected for GS-9 does not mean that you're out of the process. As long as you also put in for GS-7 then you still have a chance.

I'm assuming ( Don't quote me on this!) that they first go through the GS-9 pay scale and pick the best out of the applicants, then they move on to GS-7. I'm just speculating...

If you're interested in knowing what background I have, then feel free to PM.

Comment

I looked around and made some calls regarding the application. I was pretty much told that just because you weren't selected for GS-9 does not mean that you're out of the process. As long as you also put in for GS-7 then you still have a chance.

I'm assuming ( Don't quote me on this!) that they first go through the GS-9 pay scale and pick the best out of the applicants, then they move on to GS-7. I'm just speculating...

If you're interested in knowing what background I have, then feel free to PM.
            The point I was trying to make is that even though you have already been informed, that does not mean the rest of us are out of the woods yet. Also your assumption is correct that if you are not eligible for GS-9 slot you can still be considered for GS-7 spot. The same thing happened to me I was not eligible for GS-9 spot with my agency, but I was eligible for a GS-7 spot and when they hired me I started at GS-5 spot. You have to qualify for just one pay grade not both to move on in the process. Going all the way back to 2011 for the ICE SA announcement many applicants qualified for one of the pay grades announced, so hr decided to add even more criteria after the announcement closed to lower the number of applicants that were allowed to test. To this day I have no idea what the criteria consisted of other than a rating from 0 to 100 and only the top 93 or 95 scores and above moved on in the process. This score supposedly came from their questionnaire on their application (took me 3 and a half hours to fill out). In my opinion the score was some make believe rating that was created to remove applicants that they wanted to move forward. Good luck to all in this process.

Also did the email come from the secret service hr or from usajobs.gov?

Comment

• I still have not heard anything either, when dealing with the G, is a good thing.

Comment

• I understand what you said. Just trying to keep my hopes up .

Email came from HR.

Comment

I have a question for anyone that can answer it as best as possible. I just got the BQA a few hours ago for the GS-9 pay grade. Am I still in the running for GS-7 ( I put in for it) or should I consider myself out from the process once you get a BQA?
                  What does your status say at the USSS Seeker website about your GS-9 status? Mine just changed to: "You will be notified via email", but I don't see anything from them in my inbox.

Comment

• Negative. I took had my security interview on the 27th of Jan. They should be calling us soon.

Comment

• Got scheduled for medical today

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                        Got scheduled for medical today
                        Congrats! How were you notified, by email or phone?

Comment

• Just wondering: when was your poly?

Comment

• I was notified by phone.

I took poly Feb 3 got results Feb 21. My results were sent to recruiter on Feb 19

Comment

• Bronc_smith - where are you processing out of, which region?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeEsq42 View Post
                                Bronc_smith - where are you processing out of, which region?
                                southeastern

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4254 users online. 217 members and 4037 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X