Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Also since I still haven't heard anything negative on this last posting, I guess I'm still in the game.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Trevian View Post
      Some get offered just 1 office (take it or leave it), some get offered several. No way to predict. Makes no difference where you're hired out of - they will offer you wherever they feel like it. Getting to stay in a smaller office like Denver is virtually unheard of. Once in a while it happens for a new hire. But remember, even if you start there, eventually you'll have to leave...
      And to demonstrate their inflexibility - I was offered 3 offices (all of which were horrible choices). I threw out the name of another office that would've been a long commute but would've kept me from having to sell my home. They said no. I later found out that they offered that same office to at least one of my classmates, who turned it down and chose another. So clearly there was a slot there. But they wouldn't let me have it. Welcome to the Service! Enjoy!
      The same thing happened to me with the current agency I work with, in regards to the duty station/moving

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TriumphST View Post
        Trevian, I like what you said about WFO. I'm a fed in the DC area as well, but want out. Hopefully down south like MIA. Is that field office considered large?

        Yes, Miami is a large office.

        Comment


        • Quick question, any help would be appreciated. I have been a police officer for 8 years, have a BS in Crim. Justice ( above 3.5 gpa) and am currently attending law school part time. Is a bankruptcy an automatic disqualifier from the special agent position? My wife and I had a business that failed, which totally screwed my finances, so I had to file bankruptcy. Just don't want to waste my time or their time if I don't have a shot.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bramtown View Post
            Quick question, any help would be appreciated. I have been a police officer for 8 years, have a BS in Crim. Justice ( above 3.5 gpa) and am currently attending law school part time. Is a bankruptcy an automatic disqualifier from the special agent position? My wife and I had a business that failed, which totally screwed my finances, so I had to file bankruptcy. Just don't want to waste my time or their time if I don't have a shot.
            How long ago was this bankruptcy? Most agencies runs background and credit checks to make sure you are qualified.

            Comment


            • It was a year and half ago so it was fairly recent.

              Comment


              • So I just got off the phone with HQ and I found out that they still have me in the medical phase, even though I had my appointments back in September, and did my background in October. They said they don't have a background investigation on file, and I haven't heard anything about needing any follow up for medical since September. I'm wondering what the hell is going on, and why I haven't gotten past the medical portion yet, especially since an agent in my local FO concluded my background back in October / November. Anybody ever run into an issue like this, or know if it could be cleared up easily?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bramtown View Post
                  It was a year and half ago so it was fairly recent.
                  this will be an issue. You have to give it some time and also build up your credit again. Good luck

                  Comment


                  • That's what I figured, just wanted to make sure.

                    Comment


                    • I have a somewhat similar story. After about 4 months on the job and out of the academy with the G my phone rang asking me to setup an interview date with the job I was currently working! It was totally ridiculous. Sounds like someone forgot to check a box or place some paperwork in a file. Classic.

                      Comment


                      • Well, I got my security interview out of the way, waiting on the poly now...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Crackdown View Post
                          I have a somewhat similar story. After about 4 months on the job and out of the academy with the G my phone rang asking me to setup an interview date with the job I was currently working! It was totally ridiculous. Sounds like someone forgot to check a box or place some paperwork in a file. Classic.
                          Yeah, somehow my background was completed and submitted a few months ago, but nobody ever finished clearing my medical. Or, if there was some issue holding me up with medical, nobody ever contacted me since I did it back in September to schedule any kind of follow up. Totally ridiculous how this fell through the cracks. Thank God I called on my own and found out. Hopefully there is enough time to get it all cleared up before the next hiring panel.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
                            Yeah, somehow my background was completed and submitted a few months ago, but nobody ever finished clearing my medical. Or, if there was some issue holding me up with medical, nobody ever contacted me since I did it back in September to schedule any kind of follow up. Totally ridiculous how this fell through the cracks. Thank God I called on my own and found out. Hopefully there is enough time to get it all cleared up before the next hiring panel.
                            Was it due to your two applications with both UD and SA? I know the steps are supposed to be transferable, but it sounds like they dropped the ball on the part. And also the hiring panel might not meet until they have more people cleared. Just food for thought
                            View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
                            http://GS-1811.appspot.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by divinefalcon View Post
                              Was it due to your two applications with both UD and SA? I know the steps are supposed to be transferable, but it sounds like they dropped the ball on the part. And also the hiring panel might not meet until they have more people cleared. Just food for thought
                              It might have had something to do with that, but i think they just meant to have me follow up with another doctor appointment to clear my medical portion, but somebody forgot to email me and set it up. So it just slipped through the cracks. Luckily I think I have enough time to get it all straightened out. We shall wait and see, I just need to get it all figured out.

                              Comment


                              • Anyone in the June 3rd process have any news? Good or bad?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5397 users online. 209 members and 5188 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X