300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by agent05 View Post
    1) from the agent who did my security interview: 4 classes this year, 10-12 next year
    2) about less then half of applicants remain from my FO that started the process.
    3) to all these people who post about failure rates each step of the way, there's no need to intimidate anyone with false information. There's no true indicator how many people fail at let's say the SPI, the Security interview or the poly. Don't even worry about what credentials the others have if you initially made the cut to test then you're good to go as long as you take care of business on your own and not worry about failure rates or superior achievement backgrounds. If you weren't good enough you wouldn't have made it this far right? Be honest, stay in shape, and believe in yourself matter what others on here post. And ain't that what each agent should have? Honesty, faith, and courage? Yes it is
    10-12 classes next year? How many per class 24 or 48?
    The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Crackdown View Post
      Well...I took my poly and failed apparently. I am beyond disgusted. All my hard work, time, and effort was for nothing. Now I know why these ridiculous things aren't admissible in court. So unless they were playig some game with me to see how I reacted, it looks like I'm out. Good luck to the guys who are still in.
      I guess that 50% measurement was accurate. Sorry, to hear that Crackdown. Did you write anything on paper?

Comment

• Is writing something down an auto DQ?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeEsq42 View Post
          Is writing something down an auto DQ?
          No from what I was told, but I could be wrong. Maybe an agent on this forum can explain. I took my poly over two weeks ago and failed, however, I have not heard anything. First time taking a poly and I was extremely nervous. I was told that things will be reviewed and I may have to re-take it. I'm not that worried about it. I just wish they combined your background and poly like DEA does. They have too many folks failing this machine that are great candidates (Navy Seals, 1811's, other LE Officers). Theres nothing you can really do about it, but just sit and wait.

Comment

• Nope. There was nothing to write down or clarifiy since I didn't lie about anything. We'll see what happens.

It's completely ridiculous that they rely soley on this machine. I spent my entire life making sound decisions, never using drugs, and staying away from the "wrong crowd" precisely for a moment like this. When I finally get there I am branded a liar.

IMO, A good LE interviewer + a thorough BI will discover pretty much everything about someone. There's no need for the magic box unless it's being soley used as a scare tactic.

Comment

• Writing something down is not a DQ. I wrote and passed (years ago when I took it). I wrote not because I had lied, but because they hadn't asked a question where this particular answer was responsive. So it was disclosed at the appropriate time. My polygrapher tried to sort of lead me in terms of what to write, and I would not write what she wanted - I said that's not accurate, and I'm not signing something that's in your words. So I wrote it in mine, and it ended up being fine (I was being 100% truthful). It does frustrate a lot of people - in fact several years ago there was a big lawsuit over the use of polys for fed l.e. jobs. A group of applicants who had failed, many of them local LEOs, said they were being truthful yet failed anyway and wanted some sort of remedy. Court said too bad - there is no remedy. I think a lot of candidates sabotage themselves by taking it too seriously. I don't mean to say you should make a big joke out of it, but I think people psych themselves out and get pulled into the "game" of the poly process. Just remember the machine does what it was designed to do (measure physiologic responses) accurately 100% of the time. So the only way you fail while being truthful is if you cause yourself to react to questions where you're being truthful, yet your body is not cooperating. That, or your examiner can't read your charts, but that is less common. Don't get sucked into the mystique and ceremony of the process...have a sense of humor about it and keep it in perspective. They're also looking to see how you handle stress.
              Last edited by Trevian; 02-02-2014, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Thank you Trevian for responding, always appreciated.

Comment

You're not out until you are out. No one can have 100% idea how they did walking out of that room. Only saints and sociopaths get through that exam without being shaken up. It's my opinion (and just an opinion) that in the final analysis, if they want you in, they will get you in - absent something crazy in your background.
                  Amen!

Comment

• Trevian, I am new to this forum but the responses are helpful and very insightful. I have a question: If I fail the APAT will this disqualify me from going further in the process. I was never a person to be very physical. However, before I took my POST I started exercising: pushups, sit-ups, and other things for endurance. I running is my weakest area. I know I can do well with the puships, sit-ups, and agility run.

This is something that I want to bad that all I do is eat, sleep, and breathe USSS and APAT. I took the POST in November and passed but was unable to attend the APAT. I reapplied for the UD division and Special Agent position. I really want to be a Special Agent.

Any response from you will be greatfully appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by lhpgal959 View Post
                      Trevian, I am new to this forum but the responses are helpful and very insightful. I have a question: If I fail the APAT will this disqualify me from going further in the process. I was never a person to be very physical. However, before I took my POST I started exercising: pushups, sit-ups, and other things for endurance. I running is my weakest area. I know I can do well with the puships, sit-ups, and agility run.

This is something that I want to bad that all I do is eat, sleep, and breathe USSS and APAT. I took the POST in November and passed but was unable to attend the APAT. I reapplied for the UD division and Special Agent position. I really want to be a Special Agent.

Ihpg,

Before the entire forum decends on you I would like to point out a few things.

1.) Being in shape may some day save your life or someone else, such as a protectee.
                      2.) Individuals who are in shape recover from injury quicker.
                      3.) Lower PT scores will make you less competitive in the selections process.
                      4.) The USSS APAT minimum run time in almost 15 minutes for 1.5mile. Most agencies set 12 minutes as the minimum for 1.5 miles.
                      5.) The reality is making the minimum won't make you competitive with returning veterans and current leos in the selection process.

*Now, that's the diplomatic answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by lhpgal959 View Post
                        Trevian, I am new to this forum but the responses are helpful and very insightful. I have a question: If I fail the APAT will this disqualify me from going further in the process. I was never a person to be very physical. However, before I took my POST I started exercising: pushups, sit-ups, and other things for endurance. I running is my weakest area. I know I can do well with the puships, sit-ups, and agility run.

You have to pass the PT test to move on in the process. If you finish the process and are hired, you will be expected to be in good enough physical condition to get through training. If PT is not your thing, you'll have to make it your thing.

As for the post above about PT scores determining competitiveness, that is inaccurate. If you pass the PT test, you move on. They don't hire one guy over another because he did 3 more pushups. They don't compare scores from the APAT. You either pass or you don't.

Comment

• TopGun87 and Trevian,
                          Thanks for both of your input. You two just gave me the extra drive that I really need!

Comment

• Trevian - any idea how long it takes to hear back on the poly?

Comment

Trevian - any idea how long it takes to hear back on the poly?
                              I believe the process has changed since I went through, but I remember being scheduled for my medical about 45 days after my poly...which I had to take twice btw...

Comment

• After u apply how long before u get the email for your SAEE test?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13037 users online. 497 members and 12540 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X