300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EOD View Post
    Based on what the folks at Human Capital said..."we're gonna be having these more often", referring to the hiring announcements, then yes...didn't ask about the timelines though.
    OK Good to hear Thank EOD. Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
      OK Good to hear Thank EOD. Good Luck.
      Anytime! Good luck...I have a feeling another announcement is not too far off.

Comment

• Originally posted by traylor_usaf View Post
        "when you're told in advance that most applicants will not pass the poly..."

That was one of the things that had my nerves unsettled. I had heard so many horror stories of the USSS poly being a huge disqualifying event for applicants...about 50% failing as you mentioned. I told the examiner what I had heard and how that made me a bit nervous because I felt like I was under great pressure. He was very accommodating to make me feel as at ease as possible.

Thanks brother! A former co-worker of mine, who is a current agent said the same thing too...be honest with what you've heard etc...good luck with the rest of the process. Hopefully, all downhill for you at this point! Keep us posted!

Comment

• If they weed out 50-70% of applicants based on the poly which is along the lines of what I heard as well, though I'm not sure is real or disinformation, then you know what the odds are. Just speculating here but there are probably still 700-1000 applicants in process and at best, 100 spots for classes this fiscal year, reserved for the absolute cream of the crop. Maybe they keep another 200 on the shelf. Of that 30%, vets get pref (as they should). Due to the timing of events, such as the winding down of 2 wars, bad economy, the competition includes an abundance of candidates who are ex-special forces who have masters and law degrees with substantial work and life experience. Long story short, this has got to be the amongst the most competitive hiring class ever. If I come up short at this juncture, it's not bc I failed the poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeEsq42 View Post
            If they weed out 50-70% of applicants based on the poly which is along the lines of what I heard as well, though I'm not sure is real or disinformation, then you know what the odds are. Just speculating here but there are probably still 700-1000 applicants in process and at best, 100 spots for classes this fiscal year, reserved for the absolute cream of the crop. Maybe they keep another 200 on the shelf. Of that 30%, vets get pref (as they should). Due to the timing of events, such as the winding down of 2 wars, bad economy, the competition includes an abundance of candidates who are ex-special forces who have masters and law degrees with substantial work and life experience. Long story short, this has got to be the amongst the most competitive hiring class ever. If I come up short at this juncture, it's not bc I failed the poly.
            Very well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by saone View Post
              Very well said.
              USSS Poly disqualifys a lot of people because if you change any answers after the poly starts you're gone. Even if the answer is to your benefit and once that happens you can kiss any future career with USSS bye bye.
              The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                USSS Poly disqualifys a lot of people because if you change any answers after the poly starts you're gone. Even if the answer is to your benefit and once that happens you can kiss any future career with USSS bye bye.
                Meaning, try to be as detailed and thorough as possible during the pre-interview so you won't second guess yourself once the actual poly begins...Roger that! Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Originally posted by EOD View Post
                  Meaning, try to be as detailed and thorough as possible during the pre-interview so you won't second guess yourself once the actual poly begins...Roger that! Thanks for the info!
                  Exactly. Lay it all out there so it won't trip you up during the examination.

Comment

• 1) from the agent who did my security interview: 4 classes this year, 10-12 next year
                    2) about less then half of applicants remain from my FO that started the process.
                    3) to all these people who post about failure rates each step of the way, there's no need to intimidate anyone with false information. There's no true indicator how many people fail at let's say the SPI, the Security interview or the poly. Don't even worry about what credentials the others have if you initially made the cut to test then you're good to go as long as you take care of business on your own and not worry about failure rates or superior achievement backgrounds. If you weren't good enough you wouldn't have made it this far right? Be honest, stay in shape, and believe in yourself matter what others on here post. And ain't that what each agent should have? Honesty, faith, and courage? Yes it is

Comment

• Originally posted by agent05 View Post
                      1) from the agent who did my security interview: 4 classes this year, 10-12 next year
                      2) about less then half of applicants remain from my FO that started the process.
                      3) to all these people who post about failure rates each step of the way, there's no need to intimidate anyone with false information. There's no true indicator how many people fail at let's say the SPI, the Security interview or the poly. Don't even worry about what credentials the others have if you initially made the cut to test then you're good to go as long as you take care of business on your own and not worry about failure rates or superior achievement backgrounds. If you weren't good enough you wouldn't have made it this far right? Be honest, stay in shape, and believe in yourself matter what others on here post. And ain't that what each agent should have? Honesty, faith, and courage? Yes it is
                      Valid points and great news! I hope your SI guy was correct, as there seems to be different information coming from the various FOs...btw, was he referring to Fiscal or Calendar year regarding the number of projected classes? Thanks for the update!

Comment

• Well...I took my poly and failed apparently. I am beyond disgusted. All my hard work, time, and effort was for nothing. Now I know why these ridiculous things aren't admissible in court. So unless they were playig some game with me to see how I reacted, it looks like I'm out. Good luck to the guys who are still in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crackdown View Post
                          Well...I took my poly and failed apparently. I am beyond disgusted. All my hard work, time, and effort was for nothing. Now I know why these ridiculous things aren't admissible in court. So unless they were playig some game with me to see how I reacted, it looks like I'm out. Good luck to the guys who are still in.
                          Crackdown,

Take this for what it's worth...during my SI, my investigator told me that the poly is not necessarily the end all of everything...meaning they look at the "whole person concept". Supposedly, it depends on what the "deception indicated" issue was all about...he did say if it was a minor issue that could be "articulated" you will still continue the process and the hiring panel will ultimately decide your fate. Of course, he said if the "DI" related to major things like...criminal activity or drug use etc. then yes, they won't continue the process...I'm hoping yours was something minor, since you are currently LE? I'm sure you've passed these before, yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crackdown View Post
                            Well...I took my poly and failed apparently. I am beyond disgusted. All my hard work, time, and effort was for nothing. Now I know why these ridiculous things aren't admissible in court. So unless they were playig some game with me to see how I reacted, it looks like I'm out. Good luck to the guys who are still in.
                            I'm sorry to hear that. How did you know that you apparently failed? Did the examiner give you that feedback after the exam? Mine did not tell me, definitely, that I passed but all indications lead me to believe that I did. Or did you receive yet another automated email?

Comment

• You're not out until you are out. No one can have 100% idea how they did walking out of that room. Only saints and sociopaths get through that exam without being shaken up. It's my opinion (and just an opinion) that in the final analysis, if they want you in, they will get you in - absent something crazy in your background.

Comment

• Without getting into too many specifics, I was basically told I was outright lying. It was pretty cut and dry. I have not gotten any official notification but it's only been 5 days. I was told I would hear something in a few days.

Yes, I have take a poly before and there were no issues then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9966 users online. 516 members and 9450 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X