Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello everyone! I applied to the opening that just closed and I am looking forward to the ride.

    Comment


    • Applied A.S degree (CJ), 3 B.S. degrees (Soc, CJ, Psych), 2 Masters (CJ, Public Admin). 10 years police experience. We'll see.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
        Applied A.S degree (CJ), 3 B.S. degrees (Soc, CJ, Psych), 2 Masters (CJ, Public Admin). 10 years police experience. We'll see.
        Damn, you like to collect degrees huh?

        Comment


        • Question regarding credit, If I have paid off all of my negative debt and don't owe anything, would that still hold me back? Or will I be able to continue when it comes time to the "credit check"?

          Thanks for any feedback.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hopeful2710 View Post
            Question regarding credit, If I have paid off all of my negative debt and don't owe anything, would that still hold me back? Or will I be able to continue when it comes time to the "credit check"?

            Thanks for any feedback.
            I can only speak to the clearance side of things. If you paid off all outstanding delinquent credit, and spending beyond your means is not a pattern for you, then you will be fine. I don't know how the USSS specifically views a bad credit score.

            Comment


            • Completed my poly this morning. Hope to get the medical and drug test knocked in short order and get a class date ASAP.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by traylor_usaf View Post
                Completed my poly this morning. Hope to get the medical and drug test knocked in short order and get a class date ASAP.
                Congrats. Did they say anything with regard to timeline? When are they aiming to have everyone from the June announcement processed?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by traylor_usaf View Post
                  Completed my poly this morning. Hope to get the medical and drug test knocked in short order and get a class date ASAP.
                  Congrats! Was it really that bad?...without saying anything you're not supposed to of course ;-)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by k103 View Post
                    Congrats. Did they say anything with regard to timeline? When are they aiming to have everyone from the June announcement processed?
                    Thanks! Nope, nothing on timeline. I literally only saw the polygrapher that they flew in from DC. I do hear gouge that they are shooting for May/June for the first of the few classes planned for this year though.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by EOD View Post
                      Congrats! Was it really that bad?...without saying anything you're not supposed to of course ;-)
                      Thanks! Like you said, not to say anything that I shouldn't be saying but it was very different from the FBI polygraph and I felt very...how to put it...well scrutinized. Bottom line, just relax and tell the truth and if you're clean you'll do fine.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by saone View Post
                        Damn, you like to collect degrees huh?
                        LOL! Well long story short is my department keeps paying for them. I picked a department where you can't get hired without at least a 4 year so if you want to promote you have to keep on trucking.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by traylor_usaf View Post
                          Thanks! Like you said, not to say anything that I shouldn't be saying but it was very different from the FBI polygraph and I felt very...how to put it...well scrutinized. Bottom line, just relax and tell the truth and if you're clean you'll do fine.
                          I'm not worried about the being honest part...just did a poly for a local PD and passed with no issues at all...it was kinda easy actually. My concern is that if it turns confrontational, a person's tracings can be skewed...I know they have their own way of doing things, but when you're told in advance that most applicants will not pass the poly...there's either something wrong with the process or the investigator was trying to intimidate me ;-) Either way, I'll find out eventually...Can't be worse than SERE training ;-)
                          Last edited by EOD; 01-30-2014, 07:06 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by EOD View Post
                            I'm not worried about the being honest part...just did a poly for a local PD and passed with no issues at all...it was kinda easy actually. My concern is that if it turns confrontational, a person's tracings can be skewed...I know they have their own way of doing things, but when your told in advance that most applicants will not pass the poly...there's either something wrong with the process or the investigator was trying to intimidate me ;-) Either way, I'll find out eventually...Can't be worse than SERE training ;-)


                            Does anyone know if SA will open up again this year other than this last short opening? I did not apply to this opening because I have a mandatory work meeting out of town unfortunately during the SAEE testing times. (I know sucks) Anyways hopefully they will have another opening within a few months or at least within the next six months.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by service4others View Post
                              Does anyone know if SA will open up again this year other than this last short opening? I did not apply to this opening because I have a mandatory work meeting out of town unfortunately during the SAEE testing times. (I know sucks) Anyways hopefully they will have another opening within a few months or at least within the next six months.
                              Based on what the folks at Human Capital said..."we're gonna be having these more often", referring to the hiring announcements, then yes...didn't ask about the timelines though.

                              Comment


                              • "when you're told in advance that most applicants will not pass the poly..."

                                That was one of the things that had my nerves unsettled. I had heard so many horror stories of the USSS poly being a huge disqualifying event for applicants...about 50% failing as you mentioned. I told the examiner what I had heard and how that made me a bit nervous because I felt like I was under great pressure. He was very accommodating to make me feel as at ease as possible.
                                Last edited by traylor_usaf; 01-30-2014, 10:25 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8678 users online. 476 members and 8202 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X