300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
    Yes, I completely agree with you. I'm just ready to be involved in the process. I've seen that some folks that have had to wait 2 and 3 years before the call!!!!
    Det_sje,

I am one of them. Applied in 2010 and I am still waiting. I was one of the lucky ones to survive the Great "Due to budgetary restrictions" announcement cancellation. I have updated my background and have been re-polygraphed. I know that there are a few other 2010 applicants on this board who are waiting like me. Now that the agency actually has an actual budget for this year, I am hoping that this will be my year along with the other 2010 applicants.

Unless they got calls and no one told me......I'm always the last to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Z View Post
      Det_sje,

I am one of them. Applied in 2010 and I am still waiting. I was one of the lucky ones to survive the Great "Due to budgetary restrictions" announcement cancellation. I have updated my background and have been re-polygraphed. I know that there are a few other 2010 applicants on this board who are waiting like me. Now that the agency actually has an actual budget for this year, I am hoping that this will be my year along with the other 2010 applicants.

Hey man, do you have any idea how many people are left "on the shelf" from 2010 with you? Also, if you don't mind me asking, are you a vet? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
        Hey man, do you have any idea how many people are left "on the shelf" from 2010 with you? Also, if you don't mind me asking, are you a vet? Thanks.

Hey brother, take this for whatever it's worth, however; I was specifically told during my SI that the applicants on the "shelf" had a "hiring panel"conducted for the October 2013 class where 24 were selected...he went on to say that the rest of the "shelved" applicants that didn't make the cut were notified that they needed to reapply to this current vacancy announcement...supposedly some of them have been waiting for quite some time and most of their steps were already expired and needed to be renewed anyway. That's why he was unsure if they were going to keep those of us that weren't selected for the first class based on what transpired last October. Then again, our situation is different as our "tests" will still be valid...considering there are follow up classes not too long after the first one of the calendar year.
        Last edited by EOD; 01-28-2014, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Det_sje,

Agent Z, U might want to call HQ. I was one of the unlucky folks that was cut after sitting on the shelf for nearly 2 years. Applied in '09, completed 2 polygraphs and 2 backgrounds. My info was up to date then after I missed the Oct '13 class I got cut. I was told the shelf was purged to make room for the new applicants. All I got was an email tho. No one I talked to at the time was aware of this new announcement. This new announcement and the rate of flow for new applicant processing seems promising for more future classes. What's even better is knowing within 1 year rather than 4 years that you either have a job or you don't.

Comment

• Any current USSS SA's on here available for a PM?
            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
              TrueBlue,

I have no idea how many were/had been left on the shelf with me from 2010. Looking at the comments that followed after my post it appears that they "cleared" the shelf. I was never told anything, despite repeated calls to HQ to remind them of my existence.

To answer your second question, I am not a vet.

Comment

• Originally posted by EOD View Post
                Hey brother, take this for whatever it's worth, however; I was specifically told during my SI that the applicants on the "shelf" had a "hiring panel"conducted for the October 2013 class where 24 were selected...he went on to say that the rest of the "shelved" applicants that didn't make the cut were notified that they needed to reapply to this current vacancy announcement...supposedly some of them have been waiting for quite some time and most of their steps were already expired and needed to be renewed anyway. That's why he was unsure if they were going to keep those of us that weren't selected for the first class based on what transpired last October. Then again, our situation is different as our "tests" will still be valid...considering there are follow up classes not too long after the first one of the calendar year.
                EOD

Thanks for the intel. My packet was updated in 2013 before the hiring panel met for the Oct. '13 class. After all "calls" were made, I called Human Capital and was informed that I was still in the running. To this date, I have not received an email letting me know I am done. (spam and junk email has been checked daily) Back in November/December I contacted my local Field Office to find out what was going on and they said I was still in the running.

I will be making some calls today, but I am accepting the fact that it is more than likely over for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lead-Farmer View Post
                  Agent Z, U might want to call HQ. I was one of the unlucky folks that was cut after sitting on the shelf for nearly 2 years. Applied in '09, completed 2 polygraphs and 2 backgrounds. My info was up to date then after I missed the Oct '13 class I got cut. I was told the shelf was purged to make room for the new applicants. All I got was an email tho. No one I talked to at the time was aware of this new announcement. This new announcement and the rate of flow for new applicant processing seems promising for more future classes. What's even better is knowing within 1 year rather than 4 years that you either have a job or you don't.
                  Lead-Farmer,

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely be making some calls today. I am sure some one will locate my file on the floor behind their desk, blow the dust off and say "Oops! Yeah we meant to email you in November." (I hope that's not the case but the odds don't appear to be in my favor)

I wonder where FL.PO is? They were in a similar situation as us.

Comment

EOD

Thanks for the intel. My packet was updated in 2013 before the hiring panel met for the Oct. '13 class. After all "calls" were made, I called Human Capital and was informed that I was still in the running. To this date, I have not received an email letting me know I am done. (spam and junk email has been checked daily) Back in November/December I contacted my local Field Office to find out what was going on and they said I was still in the running.

I will be making some calls today, but I am accepting the fact that it is more than likely over for me.
                    No worries...I know how you feel! I left the military after 11 years cause I was already selected as a lateral hire for HSI, completed all the steps and was on the list...only needed to do the follow on training...a few months before we were supposed to start, I received the "due to budgetary constraints" call. Needless to say, it was not a great day ;-) Don't give up...from the looks of things, the Service is picking up the pace...hang in there!

Comment

• Are a lot of you guys in the process still waiting for a poly date?

Comment

• Originally posted by j103 View Post
                        Are a lot of you guys in the process still waiting for a poly date?
                        I have my polygraph on Thursday.

Has anyone who may have already complete the poly received their results?

Comment

• My poly was originally scheduled for last Friday in D.C. but we got about 2 inches of snow and the governement shutdown so it was rescheduled to tomorrow.

On a side note; has anyone else received a second conditional offer of employment? I found it strange as they are both exactly the same and I received them about a month apart. The only difference is one came from "udsupport" and one came from "sasupport", other than that the offer reads the same word for word. Just curious if anyone else had this happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyglenmore View Post
                            My poly was originally scheduled for last Friday in D.C. but we got about 2 inches of snow and the governement shutdown so it was rescheduled to tomorrow.

On a side note; has anyone else received a second conditional offer of employment? I found it strange as they are both exactly the same and I received them about a month apart. The only difference is one came from "udsupport" and one came from "sasupport", other than that the offer reads the same word for word. Just curious if anyone else had this happen.
                            Same thing happened to me. I spoke with HC. It's a computer glitch. Think nothing of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crackdown View Post
                              Same thing happened to me. I spoke with HC. It's a computer glitch. Think nothing of it.
                              Does anyone know if SA will open up again this year other than right now?

Comment

• Applied on this new 2014 announcement, expecting 12-14 months total in this process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9475 users online. 272 members and 9203 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X