Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called Secret Service HCD today re: the new openings.

They said that it would not break my current process to apply to the new ones.

They also said that doing so would be unnecessary since they "will be having these more frequently"

Comment

• Originally posted by sportster06 View Post
      Det_sje, I am a candidate moving forward with the process, currently waiting on my poly to be scheduled and I am a non-vet. I actually have no prior military experience.
      Thanks for your reply, I just applied to the agent position and I'm about to go and print off the study guide from the website. I'm just trying to make the best quailfied list so I can be referred. I got referred for the UD position, but my heart isn't in it for the UD position, but I gotta get my foot in the door. Thanks again and hopefully we make it to FLETC together.

Comment

• Originally posted by the constant View Post
        I think there is a six month wait required after LASIK for USSS to allow adequate healing since there is a risk of re-opening of the corneal flap due to trauma.
        3 months. Source: USSS website.
        PRK is 6.

Comment

• Put my app in for the new announcement. Hope I make it past the HR screen this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
            Hey Trevian, quick question. If an applicant has cleared all phases of the hiring process and is just awaiting selection from the hiring panel, do you know if they are basically a shoe-in to get hired, or are there a lot of people who clear the process and don't get selected? Just wondering if you know what the odds are of getting hired once you get to the hiring panel.
            Thanks again for answering all of our questions.

True Blue...Just wondering, since you've already completed the medical; did they test actual body fat% or BMI? If so what was the cut off? I did not see it in the application info...thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by USSS_applicant View Post
              3 months. Source: USSS website.
              PRK is 6.
              Thanks. I'm very surprised on that difference between LASIK and PRK.

PRK does not create a corneal flap so there is no risk of it re-opening later. Up until a few years ago the military disqualified you from many jobs if you had LASIK due to the flap risk, and preferred PRK.

Comment

• Originally posted by EOD View Post
                True Blue...Just wondering, since you've already completed the medical; did they test actual body fat% or BMI? If so what was the cut off? I did not see it in the application info...thanks!
                Very curious about this - I didn't know they would care if you're still able to pass the physical fitness test

Comment

• I'm currently in the hiring process for Special Agent position. Just waiting to schedule Poly. Is there any benefit for me to reapply as well? Thanks.

Comment

To be honest, I really don't remember anything in the medical portion relating to BMI or BF%. Definitely vision, hearing, EKG, cardiovascular capacity, and a full physical, but I don't remember anything about body fat or body mass.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
                      To be honest, I really don't remember anything in the medical portion relating to BMI or BF%. Definitely vision, hearing, EKG, cardiovascular capacity, and a full physical, but I don't remember anything about body fat or body mass.
                      Thanks brother! By cardio capacity, are you referring to the V02 max machine where you need to blow into a tube? By the way, I also called Human Capitol and they basically told me no need to reapply...their supposedly doing another announcement to fill more classes/slots which our announcement didn't have enough people for...hopefully that puts to rest my concern regarding only one class for our hiring announcement, which is what my investigator tried telling me. So I would say, this new announcement is great news for our group!

Comment

• Does anyone who has done the poly know how long to get results?

Comment

Thanks brother! By cardio capacity, are you referring to the V02 max machine where you need to blow into a tube? By the way, I also called Human Capitol and they basically told me no need to reapply...their supposedly doing another announcement to fill more classes/slots which our announcement didn't have enough people for...hopefully that puts to rest my concern regarding only one class for our hiring announcement, which is what my investigator tried telling me. So I would say, this new announcement is great news for our group!
                          Yeah, the vo2 max is what I meant. I'm really hoping there are several classes scheduled for our group, and from what I hear they really need a bunch of people. I like what I'm hearing so far. Good news all around. Now to pray for that phone call sometime around March for a spot in the April class.

Comment

• Good luck to all who have made it this far in the process. So from what I'm understanding is that they may speed up the process to have the folks who just applied this month In hopes of a FLETC class this year?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                              Good luck to all who have made it this far in the process. So from what I'm understanding is that they may speed up the process to have the folks who just applied this month In hopes of a FLETC class this year?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
                              They are likely opening the announcements on a regular basis in order to keep the pipeline full. It certainly means they expect to hire but I doubt they'll be speeding things up. 12 months isn't too bad if you think about it.
                              View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
                              http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by divinefalcon View Post
                                They are likely opening the announcements on a regular basis in order to keep the pipeline full. It certainly means they expect to hire but I doubt they'll be speeding things up. 12 months isn't too bad if you think about it.
                                Yes, I completely agree with you. I'm just ready to be involved in the process. I've seen that some folks that have had to wait 2 and 3 years before the call!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17481 users online. 499 members and 16982 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X