300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trevian View Post
    They don't do that because they don't want to incur the time and expense of administering a medical exam to a candidate who is disqualified after the poly...and since the poly trips up a lot of candidates, it would be a big waste of time and money to put people through medicals who will be out of the process.
    That makes sense but when I was offered a position with the FBI (before their hiring freeze), they did them concurrently. Alas, all agencies are different.

Comment

• Originally posted by traylor_usaf View Post
      That makes sense but when I was offered a position with the FBI (before their hiring freeze), they did them concurrently. Alas, all agencies are different.
      ...the Bureau's budget is also significantly higher than the Service's...

Comment

• Hey Trevian, quick question. If an applicant has cleared all phases of the hiring process and is just awaiting selection from the hiring panel, do you know if they are basically a shoe-in to get hired, or are there a lot of people who clear the process and don't get selected? Just wondering if you know what the odds are of getting hired once you get to the hiring panel.
        Thanks again for answering all of our questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by traylor_usaf View Post
          I have a "Special Agent and Uniformed Division Entry-Level Hiring Process" flipbook that an Agent friend sent me that says "Veterans' preference eligible applicants who successfully complete the hiring process will be hired prior to any non-preference eligible applicants."

What I was saying is that I hope that this means that they will honor this by starting to fill the first classes with those of us who are/were in the military. This would be really nice in the case where there are more applicants than initial class positions. But this will only be of any use if they wait to start offering class dates once everyone is vetted and makes it over all hurdles.

That's awesome! Of course we still need to pass the remaining steps etc...from what I was briefed, they will have to set a date for the "Hiring Panel" in which a reasonable amount of time is given for the applicants to complete the steps, however; there are going to be folks whose backgrounds will take longer to complete than others i.e. more jobs, more residences etc...the "Panel" is not going to wait for every single applicant to complete the entire process prior to convening a board. At least that's what I was told and it kinda made sense to me...hopefully I'm not stuck in the black hole of background investigations ;-)

I was told "24 March" was the target date/suspense for having the applicants' background etc. completed...however; if only 5 applicants have completed everything, I would "surmise" that the "Hiring Panel" will most likely get pushed back until a reasonable amount of applicants have cleared. This part is just my opinion though...I do see your point, our Vets Pref is useless if the panel convenes without us due to whatever delays in the SSBI process...what I'm unclear about is that they will not begin the background until after the poly, maybe even after the medical (not sure). Having said that, how in the world will they complete our backgrounds in that small window of time? Most of us on this forum are still awaiting poly dates, in fact, there are some who just received their COEs. How in the world are our backgrounds going to be completed by March 24th??? I've personally conducted numerous background investigations for my agency and can honestly say it will take longer than 2 or 3 weeks! USSS website says 6 to 9 months for completion of background...I know this is a new process, however; the timeframe doesn't add up to me. I'm wondering if they will maybe grant interim clearances to meet the suspenses and complete while in the academy???
          Last edited by EOD; 01-23-2014, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Could a USSS SA please PM me....I've got a couple questions that aren't job specific that don't need to be posted in the open.....

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Any one on here processing out of Phoenix?

Comment

ask away
                I haven't tested my vision lately, but I think I may be near 20/70. I don't wear glasses or contacts, I can see just fine. I'm also willing to do LASIK. Would 20/70 eliminate me from the process? Does USSS give waivers or extensions to those who are this close to the 20/60 requirement?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
                  Hey Trevian, quick question. If an applicant has cleared all phases of the hiring process and is just awaiting selection from the hiring panel, do you know if they are basically a shoe-in to get hired, or are there a lot of people who clear the process and don't get selected? Just wondering if you know what the odds are of getting hired once you get to the hiring panel.
                  Thanks again for answering all of our questions.
                  I wish I could give you an actual statistic for what % of applicants who make it to the hiring panel actually get an offer, but I don't know. I do know that that hiring panel will consider all of the applicants that made it that far, make selections, and that those not selected are still eligible to be selected at a subsequent panel. But beyond that, I'm sorry, I just don't know the statistics on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdub801 View Post
                    I haven't tested my vision lately, but I think I may be near 20/70. I don't wear glasses or contacts, I can see just fine. I'm also willing to do LASIK. Would 20/70 eliminate me from the process? Does USSS give waivers or extensions to those who are this close to the 20/60 requirement?
                    Not something I would worry about. If you don't wear glasses or contacts you will probably be fine. I don't know about waivers or extensions, but the difference between 20/70 and 20/60 is probably just a squint away....

Comment

• Haha that's what I've been told from a number of people. Ranging from Agents and an eye doctor. Guess we'll see when the time comes. I would hate to be so close to the requirement and not get a chance. Not going to worry about it. Thanks!

Comment

I wish I could give you an actual statistic for what % of applicants who make it to the hiring panel actually get an offer, but I don't know. I do know that that hiring panel will consider all of the applicants that made it that far, make selections, and that those not selected are still eligible to be selected at a subsequent panel. But beyond that, I'm sorry, I just don't know the statistics on that.
                        No problem, I kinda figured that people probably don't know that kind of info unless they are actually doing the hiring. Thanks anyway man.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
                          Any one on here processing out of Phoenix?
                          I am. Have SPI next week.

Comment

• For the guys on this forum, is there any non-vets that are moving along in the process.

For the usss agents that are on this forum is the next anopening going to be geared toward veterans or both.

Comment

• Originally posted by INcop312 View Post
                              I just saw that the announcement for the SA position will be open next week from Jan 27-29. It was posted today on the careers page of the Secret Service website.
                              Can you drop the link. I couldn't find that on the website.

Thanks,
                              The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                                Can you drop the link. I couldn't find that on the website.

Thanks,
                                Google "secret service join" and it will be the first link. Once on the page it will be at the bottom of the page.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4805 users online. 200 members and 4605 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X