300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU View Post
      England,
      I did my poly in early April, received a notice via email from the polygrapher that HQ reviewed it and it was good (that was on him and was a lot of help, otherwise I wouldn't have known). By the way, the poly is done by a SA on a b-billet and it is...interesting (mine took 3 hours).

They started my BI in late April/early May, I moved back stateside and I did the home interview in August and the drug screening at the end of September. I called the HR hotline today and my BI is "closed" but still pending a final approval by HQ. When I called two weeks ago my BI was still "in progress" and they were waiting on a few of the FO's to send them their portion of my background. So FutureAgent001 is correct, the BI continues through the home interview and drug screening. When I joined this board I assumed that the home interview and drug screening was the end when it is actually the last thing that YOU do in the process.

I was enlisted and officer with three deployments. My BI went to 13 different FO's and most of the agents doing the BI were very up front with my references and told them when their portion was due (it was 2 June...). The only agent doing my BI that I talked to was the one who wanted my military records (I was still active duty at the time).

Hope that helps. The HR hotline did not have any info on an upcoming board when I called today. My two cents: it will be in December for a January class as it appears that the November and December classes are chosen.

Good luck to everyone and give some updates if you have them.
      That is alot of good information from you and the others.

Anyone know how many classes they have per year. Is it one per month? If it is and you are on track for Jan. Then I will assume I may be on track for March /April timeframe. That is if things go the way they have been.

Comment

• I'm starting to get restless about this thing. That it might actually happen I mean.

Am I crazy or assuming everything is cool with the poly, whiz quiz and BI that I'm in? I mean would they waste all that time and money on me or someone else just to turn them down at a hiring board?

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
          I'm starting to get restless about this thing. That it might actually happen I mean.

Am I crazy or assuming everything is cool with the poly, whiz quiz and BI that I'm in? I mean would they waste all that time and money on me or someone else just to turn them down at a hiring board?
          The G wastes money all the time so there are no guarantees. But I imagine if you have gotten that far in the process, you have a pretty good shot.

Comment

• Hey guys, I have my panel 11/20. During the interview do they give you a chance to ask questions about the job? I have questions regarding ECTF, training, etc. I was curious if they give you that opportunity. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SEAL6770 View Post
              Hey guys, I have my panel 11/20. During the interview do they give you a chance to ask questions about the job? I have questions regarding ECTF, training, etc. I was curious if they give you that opportunity. Thanks.
              Absolutely, my panel gave me ample time at the end for questions. I actually asked about ECTF also and requested a position in it. They said they would forward the request to HQ. Good luck on your panel.

Comment

• I wish I would have found this thread eariler. It would have answered several questions. I am currently in the process for SA and it has moved quite quickly so far. I am waiting to see when the actual slow process starts. I applied in September and I have already had the TEA exam, the panel interview, and my physical is Nov 14th.

To those who have already received "the call," did you get an option of 3 locations or just 1? I have heard both. I have also been told that they try to send the new-hire to a field office near the region where they applied. I am wondering if they take into consideration family vs. single-status and so-on when deciding the locations to offer the new-hire. I do not have an issue moving at all, but I would like to stay in the southeast if possible.
                I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
                  Absolutely, my panel gave me ample time at the end for questions. I actually asked about ECTF also and requested a position in it. They said they would forward the request to HQ. Good luck on your panel.
                  Forgive me,

ECTF??? What's that?

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                    I wish I would have found this thread eariler. It would have answered several questions. I am currently in the process for SA and it has moved quite quickly so far. I am waiting to see when the actual slow process starts. I applied in September and I have already had the TEA exam, the panel interview, and my physical is Nov 14th.

To those who have already received "the call," did you get an option of 3 locations or just 1? I have heard both. I have also been told that they try to send the new-hire to a field office near the region where they applied. I am wondering if they take into consideration family vs. single-status and so-on when deciding the locations to offer the new-hire. I do not have an issue moving at all, but I would like to stay in the southeast if possible.
                    I haven't gotten any call yet but they did tell me in my FO that they keep you in the local FO at least until training is over. Then when you move, you are no longer considered a new hire. The G picks up the tab.

Regarding FO assignment after that. I don't know. But I will say the 3 agents that I met in the local FO were from Alabama. Which is ofcourse the state I am in.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Well got the poly confirmed in a couple of weeks and then the medical!! The next big hurdles coming up!

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
                          I haven't gotten any call yet but they did tell me in my FO that they keep you in the local FO at least until training is over. Then when you move, you are no longer considered a new hire. The G picks up the tab.

Regarding FO assignment after that. I don't know. But I will say the 3 agents that I met in the local FO were from Alabama. Which is ofcourse the state I am in.
                          I would double check on the tab issue. Unless it has changed they do not pay for your first move, but any move after.

Comment

• The USSS does not pay for your first move; the cost is on you. Every move there after is on the government.

Comment

• The USSS does not pay for your first move; the cost is on you. Every move there after is on the government.

Comment

• Hi! I'm new to the forum here. I just sent my first application to be a SA with the USSS on Nov. 4. I am joining this forum for 3 reasons. 1) Advice from everyone on their experiences 2) Moral support 3) To help me track the process for myself. I look forward to discussing the process with each of you.

For a little history on myself. I am a 30 yr old male in Birmingham, AL. I am married and have been for the past 5 years. We have an 8 week old little girl at home. I have a B.S. in Computer Information Systems. I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a 3.836 GPA out of 4.0. I'm 5'10" and 190lbs. I am working harder now to get in shape than I ever have in my life. I have never been in trouble. I don't even so much as smoke or drink. Just never have enjoyed either. I have clean credit and no debt, other than my mortgage. I have no history or experience in law enforcement. Joining the USSS is something I have wanted to do for a while now, but never did because I didn't think I fit the criteria. I also didn't know if my wife would approve. After talking with my wife about it I realized I would hate myself when I'm 60 if I didn't at least try.

Maybe that at least gives you an insight into myself. My first question is very general in nature. What are the chances of getting accepted? Are they very slim with no law enforcement background? Thanks in advance to everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8506 users online. 423 members and 8083 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X