Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to see things moving along finally. I talked with Human Capital folks in DC yesterday because I had my SA SPI on Sept 18th (Denver) and had not heard anything despite the 10-15 business day timeline provided for results (excluding the shutdown) had come and gone. I'm not sure if they are waiting for all areas to complete their SPIs before sending out emails with results but the Human Capital folks told me that they would probably send out the emails with results by the end of November. I was, however, able to glean information about passing my SPI out of her!

Comment

• Awesome Agent05 - standing by!

Comment

• traylor_usaf,

Is there anything in particular your did to prepare for your SPI that, after going through the process, you feel was helpful? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by USSSApplicant View Post
          traylor_usaf,

Is there anything in particular your did to prepare for your SPI that, after going through the process, you feel was helpful? Thanks.
          I would love to help but they specifically tell you not to share any information which may be helpful to others, to the point of signing a non-disclosure agreement. The preparation guide found on their website, or emailed to you by your processing field office, is a pretty much as good of preparation as you can get without knowing what to expect already. I was previously offered a position with the FBI (only waiting to go to Quantico before a hiring freeze) and their Phase II interview was extreeeeeemely helpful in preparing for the USSS SPI.

Comment

• Traylor, I am too, a cleared fbi candidate waiting for a class date. Don't think it will happen anytime soon though. In fact, I think USSS will hire us quicker, but since I may age out soon, I'll take first offer extended.

The word came out that I also passed SPI about a week ago. Best way to prepare is to know yourself well. I know it sounds old, but it truly is the best way to ace any interview. Can you talk about your resume without looking at it? Obviously, studying up on string theory won't help you, unless of curse, you are a theoretical physicist and work with strings on daily basis

Good luck, all.

Comment

• Originally posted by USSS_applicant View Post
              Traylor, I am too, a cleared fbi candidate waiting for a class date. Don't think it will happen anytime soon though. In fact, I think USSS will hire us quicker, but since I may age out soon, I'll take first offer extended.

The word came out that I also passed SPI about a week ago. Best way to prepare is to know yourself well. I know it sounds old, but it truly is the best way to ace any interview. Can you talk about your resume without looking at it? Obviously, studying up on string theory won't help you, unless of curse, you are a theoretical physicist and work with strings on daily basis

Good luck, all.
              Yeah, I suspended my FBI application because I couldn't sit around and wait for them to send me to the FBI Academy, unfortunately. And I agree, I will take the first offer extended in this hiring climate.

Oh, and I am a physicist (for real) and string theory didn't help me in my interview! Congrats on the SPI...did you get word from your local field office or through indirect means, like me? Congrats either way!

Comment

• Originally posted by traylor_usaf View Post
                Oh, and I am a physicist (for real) and string theory didn't help me in my interview!
                This actually made me LOL. Congrats on moving forward in the process gents, keep up the momentum!

Comment

• Just had my SPI today, and overall I think it went pretty well. Now, the waiting game...

Comment

• For those scheduled or completed SPI, were you scheduled by email or phone call?

I've had my phone glued to me lately...

Comment

• Originally posted by the constant View Post
                      For those scheduled or completed SPI, were you scheduled by email or phone call?

I've had my phone glued to me lately...
                      I was notified by email, and also received a phone call a couple of hours later to ensure I received the email. Mine have me about a week and a half notice.

Comment

• I have my panel for the 21st of November in SA. The phone call was unexpected but awesome. Good luck Gents

Comment

• My was email also.
                          USPIS 2011
                          US OPM 2009-2011
                          US CBP 2007-2009
                          USANG 2006
                          USMC 2002-2006
                          H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
                          MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever heard of someone passing everything and still not being selected or hired from HQ? Or are you basically a shoe-in if you make it through everything?

Comment

• This does happe

Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
                              Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever heard of someone passing everything and still not being selected or hired from HQ? Or are you basically a shoe-in if you make it through everything?
                              I had a friend that this occurred to. He had passed everything and then was not selected in the end. This included passing the SPI, medical, and polygraph.

Best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by traylor_usaf View Post
                                Glad to see things moving along finally. I talked with Human Capital folks in DC yesterday
                                Can you PM me the contact for the Human capital folks? I have yet to even take my APAT(AZ), and I need to find out what the deal is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7287 users online. 398 members and 6889 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X