Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecstone, I believe you can put your email adress somewhere in USSS website and they usually notify you 2 weeks ahead of time when they plan to post a vacancy. And hard to predict about future announcemenets.

Restricted, when I took the SA test, there were a few people with no military experience but had highway patrol experience. At the UD test, there were 2 people straight out of college, no LE or military. So you never know, you might want to work on your resume maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
      Ecstone, I believe you can put your email adress somewhere in USSS website and they usually notify you 2 weeks ahead of time when they plan to post a vacancy. And hard to predict about future announcemenets.

Restricted, when I took the SA test, there were a few people with no military experience but had highway patrol experience. At the UD test, there were 2 people straight out of college, no LE or military. So you never know, you might want to work on your resume maybe?
      I'm awaiting a date for the SPI for both UD and SA. I have no military or law enforcement experience, but I do have a computer information systems degree, several certifications that are technology related and speak a foreign language proficiently. That's probably why I made the cut and have been blessed to be a part of this exciting process.

Comment

• Someone commented way earlier in this thread that it is seemingly random whom ends up getting their application accepted and ultimately hired. I think his example was that one guy in his SA class worked in a sandwich shop before being hired by USSS.

Comment

• When I had my SPI a couple weeks ago, I was told by the Panel that all applicants who applied for this last announcement and successfully completes the whole process will most definitely get a call next year. He said that the need for SA's are high. I was hoping to hear something this week about the results, but now I'm just hoping I get a pay check.

Comment

• Originally posted by the constant View Post
            Someone commented way earlier in this thread that it is seemingly random whom ends up getting their application accepted and ultimately hired. I think his example was that one guy in his SA class worked in a sandwich shop before being hired by USSS.
            Yeah that was me. I attempted (and failed apparently) to convince the people on this forum that it's pointless to debate or discuss qualifications and try to predict whether that will get you hired. There is no magic formula and you'll find people on the job with every background you can think of, some very impressive, many not so much.

Comment

• Trevian, does USSS SA's get G-rides? Just trying to keep this tread alive, that is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by TriumphST View Post
                Trevian, does USSS SA's get G-rides? Just trying to keep this tread alive, that is all.
                yes, unless you are assigned (as a phase 2 agent) to a permanent detail. then you do not.
                but if you're a field office SA, then yes. the fleet is in pretty rough shape, but yes.

Comment

• Just had my SPI earlier today. Hopefully this shutdown doesn't slow the process up too much. Best of luck to everyone waiting!

Comment

• Anyone from San Antonio get to take SPI yet?

Comment

• For those that have gone through the SPI already, would you mind sharing:

1. What you did to prepare; and,

2. Was your preparation useful, looking back at your SPI experience?

I was told SPI's would occur in October, for my region (SE), but I have not received notice yet.

Comment

• Wow, some of you are still active. The day before my APAT I received a email stating the hiring process has been suspended until the Gov't is opened. ... Has anyone from AZ taken the APAT yet? I'm kinda getting irritated seeing everyone else moving along, and I can't even take the APAT.

Comment

• Any updates or news?

Comment

• I should have heard back on my SPI between Oct 2-9 if they follow the 10-15 business day window. Thanks to the shutdown that obviously didn't happen. I asked if they have a new timeline and have received little assistance, as usual, from the POC at my local FO.

Comment

• Got a call today from the NYFO for possible SPI sometime next week. Good luck everyone!
                              USPIS 2011
                              US OPM 2009-2011
                              US CBP 2007-2009
                              USANG 2006
                              USMC 2002-2006
                              H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
                              MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• Corpor, I just Pmed you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7449 users online. 291 members and 7158 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X