300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [disregard - re-read the announcement]
    Last edited by divinefalcon; 09-03-2013, 11:10 PM.
    View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
    http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• The USSS listed the requirements for the SA position in the original announcement, and that included a four year degree or higher or one year experience equal to a GS 5/7 and it explained what that special experience should be. That's how I got selected to take the SAEE. The USSS has to go by the announcement, so no one that was selected on experience alone will be DQ later on.
      Last edited by HAZMAD; 09-03-2013, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Add me to the list of not having a degree, nor am I in the process of obtaining one within the near future . I was excepted as an applicant under federal LE experience but only as a 7 which is fine. Experience and being fluent in Spanish is all I bring to the table. It would be unfortunate if I was wasting my time. Good luck to all and I hope things pick up again real soon.

Comment

• According to the announcement you need either a college degree or experience to be selected for the hiring process. I think that if we were selected you are not going to be passed over because you only have experience.

At this point in the hiring process, you are either going to pass the phases or not. I don’t think having a degree or just having experience is going to make you less qualified.

The only part that will play a part in being hired is veteran’s preference. Federal Law states that those who have veteran’s preference will be selected ahead of those who do not have preference.

That does not guarantee that the person who has veteran's preference will automatically be hired; we still have to meet all the same standards of the established hiring process.
          Last edited by oifvet159; 09-04-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Anyone, I still have to take the APAT. I'm not sure what the starting position is for the agility run. I know what it's called, but does that just mean you are on your stomach and your palms / the balls of your feet are on the ground too? I just want to know so I can get an accurate time on my practice runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrol-99 View Post
              Results for the APAT? Most of us have already completed the APAT. I guessing we will get results in 10-15 days from the date of completion.
              That is what I meant. I took my APAT two weeks ago...not sure if anyone knew of when we should receive our letters stating we passed or not.

Comment

• This came straight from the USSS website:

Have (1) a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; or (2) three years of work experience in the criminal investigative or law enforcement fields that require knowledge and application of laws relating to criminal violations; or (3) an equivalent combination of education and related experience

One can only speculate what exactly is qualifying work experience. I would assume a current 1811 or PD Detective would make the cut. Maybe a current USSS SA can chime in here and give us some perspective based on their experience on the job. How many SAs are on the job with no college degree?

Comment

• For all those still talking about the requirements. Skip the website, and what you thought you knew. Simply re-read the hiring announcement, it clearly states the requirements and what exactly is qualifying work experience.
                  Last edited by HAZMAD; 09-04-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAZMAD View Post
                    For all those still talking about the requirements. Skip the website, and what you thought you knew. Simply re-read the hiring announcement, it clearly states the requirements and what exactly is qualifying work experience.
                    I may be blind but I cannot seem to find the hiring announcement on their website.
                    Geo: SWB
                    CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                    NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                    TSL - 01/31/14
                    Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                    VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                    BI - 03/15/14
                    Poly - 04/30/14
                    BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                    Drug Test - 06/26/14
                    The Call - 06/26/14
                    PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                    EOD - 07/14/14
                    Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                      I may be blind but I cannot seem to find the hiring announcement on their website.
                      The job announcement is located at usajobs.gov

Comment

• Just received results notification for APAT this afternoon via email. Tested on 08/23 in SLC. Best of luck to those continuing on to the SPI. Lets hope they start scheduling those pretty soon!

Comment

• I too received my results notification. Tested 8/23 in CA

Comment

• I have been with the Fed since 07 in the 18 series and 4 yrs active with the Marine Corps. Attended many criminal investigation and intel courses... Not planning on getting a degree anytime soon due to busy work schedule...
                            USPIS 2011
                            US OPM 2009-2011
                            US CBP 2007-2009
                            USANG 2006
                            USMC 2002-2006
                            H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
                            MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• Folks, I stand corrected on the degree dilemma. I have re-read the announcement and as several posters mentioned - degree can be substituted with experience. I was thinking more along the lines of the bureau process, which apparently is different.

On a positive note got a notice of passing the APAT. Quiet a group we had, both the applicants and the test administrators. Everyone was courteous, helpful and I believe all of us passed, but can't be certain. On to the next step.

Comment

• Has anyone from AZ been scheduled for the APAT yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7596 users online. 389 members and 7207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X