300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
    I have to choose between one or the other once I've had BOTH structured interviews. So, once they I have my SA interview, then I'll have to drop out of UD. I have to do separate Panel Interviews, but yes, everything else will transfer over. So I won't have to do another Security Interview, Credit/Fingerprint, or Poly. I'm done with that stuff already
    Did you hear anything about when interviews will kickoff (UD or SA)? I can't believe how fast the UD process is going. Congrats.

Comment

• UD has already started their interviews, at least for the guys who went to the expedited processing at the ELAC. According to my local HR people, they haven't received approval to start SA interviews yet, but as soon as they do, they will schedule us accordingly. That's really all I'm waiting on right now. Can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
        UD has already started their interviews, at least for the guys who went to the expedited processing at the ELAC. According to my local HR people, they haven't received approval to start SA interviews yet, but as soon as they do, they will schedule us accordingly. That's really all I'm waiting on right now. Can't wait.
        I've noticed many applicants (including at the local tests) have applied to both UD and SA. The jobs seem to be quite different with little chance of moving from UD to SA. Why apply to both? Is UD your fallback? No offense intended, just seems like a person should only apply to the job they want.
        View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
        http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by divinefalcon View Post
          I've noticed many applicants (including at the local tests) have applied to both UD and SA. The jobs seem to be quite different with little chance of moving from UD to SA. Why apply to both? Is UD your fallback? No offense intended, just seems like a person should only apply to the job they want.
          Well the original intention was to try for either job to just try and land myself into such a prestigious agency. Obviously, when I realized I would have to drop one or the other at some point of the process, I made up my mind that I was going full steam ahead for the SA job. It just so happened that my UD process has helped to speed up my SA process in the meantime. Don't worry, no offense taken. The SA position has always been my dream, and my fingers are crossed that it might come true someday soon.

Comment

• Took the APAT last week. Glad that portion is over. Just waiting on the official email but looks like I passed that also.

Comment

• Originally posted by divinefalcon View Post
              I was surprised to see at least 30-40% of the applicants at the UD APAT applied for SA also. I would also say at least 65% of the applicants at the UD test already had a bachelors degree and some had masters.
              The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Anyone have any idea on when we will start getting our notices for the APAT?

Comment

• Topgun87 & others, I wonder why you mentioned the UD applicants you saw at the hiring event have degrees? Will a degree help in the hiring process, besides being selected to take the SAEE? I ask because I do not have my degree yet, but was lucky enough to take and pass the SAEE (Vet & USBP).

Comment

• Originally posted by HAZMAD View Post
                    Topgun87 & others, I wonder why you mentioned the UD applicants you saw at the hiring event have degrees? Will a degree help in the hiring process, besides being selected to take the SAEE? I ask because I do not have my degree yet, but was lucky enough to take and pass the SAEE (Vet & USBP).
                    I guess most applicants are qualifying based upon education. I imagine some 1811s or LEOs with prior experience are qualifying under the experience portion. As for a degree, I guess it checks a box for government and you do the rest as far as APAT and Panel Interview.
                    Last edited by TopGun87; 09-03-2013, 05:25 PM.
                    The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by oifvet159 View Post
                      Anyone have any idea on when we will start getting our notices for the APAT?
                      Results for the APAT? Most of us have already completed the APAT. I guessing we will get results in 10-15 days from the date of completion.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                        I guess most applicants are qualifying based upon education. I imagine some 1811s or LEOs with prior experience are qualifying under the experience portion. As for a degree, I guess it checks a box for government and you do the rest as far as APAT and Panel Interview.
                        Interesting! I thought a degree was required? I have my masters, Veteran Preference, and 20 years of law enforcement experience. Not sure how much weight that holds other then getting a invite to take the SAEE?

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                          I was surprised to see at least 30-40% of the applicants at the UD APAT applied for SA also. I would also say at least 65% of the applicants at the UD test already had a bachelors degree and some had masters.
                          There were 6 of us in my APAT group, 4 of the guys were already Fed LEO, in another agency, with a TS.

Comment

• A 4 year degree is a baisc requirement, I am surprised that one poster made it thus far without being dropped. I suspect that during one of the stages (background most likely), the lack of 4 year degree will come to light and OP will be dropped, unfortunately. All 4 year degree does is qualifying you for consideration, similar to 20/20 vision (or whatever e standard is); one thought is that OP if a few short months away from securing the degree, then some agencies will allow you to process due to the lengthy process, but if degree is not secured prior to COE, applicant will be dropped.

Comment

• So you're saying that someone who's already a fed leo that qualified under this announcement based on experience alone will eventually be dropped if they don't have the 4 year degree? What a waste of time that would be...

Comment

• I guess I would have to prove you wrong I do not have a degree but I have been with the Fed since 07...

Originally posted by USSS_applicant View Post
                                A 4 year degree is a baisc requirement, I am surprised that one poster made it thus far without being dropped. I suspect that during one of the stages (background most likely), the lack of 4 year degree will come to light and OP will be dropped, unfortunately. All 4 year degree does is qualifying you for consideration, similar to 20/20 vision (or whatever e standard is); one thought is that OP if a few short months away from securing the degree, then some agencies will allow you to process due to the lengthy process, but if degree is not secured prior to COE, applicant will be dropped.
                                USPIS 2011
                                US OPM 2009-2011
                                US CBP 2007-2009
                                USANG 2006
                                USMC 2002-2006
                                H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
                                MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14395 users online. 263 members and 14132 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X