300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jdub801 View Post
    Good job TrueBlue11B! So you went way over the required amount and did they encourage that? Just wondering what to expect. The requirements are pretty low.
    They didn't really say one way or another, but I pushed passed the requirements a little bit. Pushups=58, Situps=51, Illinois Agility= 17.19, Mile and 1/2=12:02

I REALLLLLY though the max points for the run was at 12:06 or better, but it turns out it's 12:01... I can't believe I lost a point based on 1 second, literally. Wow.. Other than that I maxed everything else.

Comment

• I saw some posts a couple of years ago from a former applicant re. tax returns. Will we bring tax returns and receipts re. expenses to the BI? Want to gather my stuff from the accountant if that's the case.

Comment

• I have been working out for years, but the run has always been my weak spot. I run all the time, but only on a treadmill. So hopefully I don't lose my lunch/breakfast while running.

Comment

• Originally posted by justonslc View Post
          I run all the time, but only on a treadmill.
          There is the problem. Run outside for a few months and you will see a marked improvement in your run time.

Comment

• I've never routinely needed tax returns for any BI for any fed agency.

The only time I needed a tax type document was to help verify employment with a previous employer that had high management turnover (no one was there from when I worked there) and poor record keeping (they apparently didn't keep consistent standardized hr records until 2007). I supplied a w2 and found 2 old supervisors now employed elsewhere through FB whom verified my employment with the BI.

Comment

• Just checking a theory - has anyone outside of DC and east coast area to include Pennsylvania received their APAT in the SA process? I ask because I suspect that this is a high need area and as a result it is being processes ahead of everyone else. Just a thought. Please comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by USSS_applicant View Post
                Just checking a theory - has anyone outside of DC and east coast area to include Pennsylvania received their APAT in the SA process? I ask because I suspect that this is a high need area and as a result it is being processes ahead of everyone else. Just a thought. Please comment.
                No such concept as a "high need area."
                They will send new hires to whatever offices need staffing, regardless of where they came from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevian View Post
                  No such concept as a "high need area."
                  They will send new hires to whatever offices need staffing, regardless of where they came from.
                  This would be plausible if not for couple of things. When this position was announced it was broken down into multiple regions and applicants were asked, which offices they would consider to work in. It all might be just as someone suggested - a wish list or there might be a change in policy. Therefore, I'd like to know if anyone outside of DC and east coast area received their APAT.

From looking at the posts I don't see anyone scheduled for APAT west of Pennsylvania. Good luck to all nevertheless.

Comment

• I'm outside of dc (ca) and will be taking my APAT Friday.

I think it's just the order that hr is processing things.

Moreover, the instructions on the application were not to pick your "preferred location," but the one geographically closest to you. I don't know if that hurts or helps your theory vis a vis what trevian said
                    Last edited by the constant; 08-17-2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• The location preference you made was solely for where to be processed, not where you'll be assigned. The Service doesn't hire to fill vacancies in specific offices that you apply for. They will send you wherever they need you, and your preferences are irrelevant. You will have to sign a mobility agreement if you get hired acknowledging that they can send you wherever they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by USSS_applicant View Post
                        This would be plausible if not for couple of things. When this position was announced it was broken down into multiple regions and applicants were asked, which offices they would consider to work in. It all might be just as someone suggested - a wish list or there might be a change in policy. Therefore, I'd like to know if anyone outside of DC and east coast area received their APAT.

From looking at the posts I don't see anyone scheduled for APAT west of Pennsylvania. Good luck to all nevertheless.
                        I wasn't guessing or giving my theory...I was providing facts.

Comment

• Trevian thanks for the info. Question for you. How is moral within the service? Are most the people that you work with pretty easy going or is it kind of miserable?

Comment

Trevian thanks for the info. Question for you. How is moral within the service? Are most the people that you work with pretty easy going or is it kind of miserable?
                            I can only speak for my office, where morale is pretty low. As I said in an earlier posting, it's a different job from city to city. Agents in small/medium offices have completely different lives from those in large cities.

Comment

• Thanks for the honesty. I work for a medium sized local department in Utah where moral is really high, but pay is med to low. Just wondering if the pay and the experience is worth the low moral?

Comment

Thanks for the honesty. I work for a medium sized local department in Utah where moral is really high, but pay is med to low. Just wondering if the pay and the experience is worth the low moral?
                                Depends on what you want to physically do with yourself day in and day out, whether you want to travel a lot (as a phase 2 agent on a permanent detail), what type of investigations you'd like to do, etc. Like anything, there are pros and cons. It's NOTHING like being a local cop. The pace (on the investigative side) is a million times slower. On the protection side, you're going to spend a lot of time standing around. A lot. A LOT.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 124123 users online. 161 members and 123962 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X