Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative, they were instructed not to give out any scores.
    USPIS 2011
    US OPM 2009-2011
    US CBP 2007-2009
    USANG 2006
    USMC 2002-2006
    H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
    MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Corpor_usmc View Post
      Negative, they were instructed not to give out any scores.
      Fair enough, thanks! I will make sure to do my own counting.

Comment

• Wow -- just went out and bought a yoga block and practiced doing pushups with that. It made it doing them about 10x easier versus full depth push ups.

Comment

• Hey guys, I've got a question for everyone. So, I'm in the process for both the SA and the UD positions... I know the SA's are processing from their local field office, but I got an email from the UD today telling me to report to a two-day processing event. I'm wondering if all the processing I do down there on those two days will carry over for the SA process.. They told me the first day I'll do the APAT, Panel Interview, Conditional Offer, Fingerprinting, Credit Check, Security Interview, and the next day will be the Poly.. Do you think this will carry over for the SA process as well? Also, it seems like the UD process may move faster, but what would everyone do if that offer came in before the SA offer???

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
            Hey guys, I've got a question for everyone. So, I'm in the process for both the SA and the UD positions... I know the SA's are processing from their local field office, but I got an email from the UD today telling me to report to a two-day processing event. I'm wondering if all the processing I do down there on those two days will carry over for the SA process.. They told me the first day I'll do the APAT, Panel Interview, Conditional Offer, Fingerprinting, Credit Check, Security Interview, and the next day will be the Poly.. Do you think this will carry over for the SA process as well? Also, it seems like the UD process may move faster, but what would everyone do if that offer came in before the SA offer???
            If I am not mistaken, when conditional offer is extended, you will be dropped from the other process, but I might be wrong. It would be a difficult decision to make, because if UD comes first, and even though the process is mostly the same, interview for SA is different and you are not guaranteed a class date. It's a tough one, brother, good luck with it...

Comment

• Correct. They will make you choose to either pursue the UD position or the SA position. (I'm an SA on the job).

Comment

• Scheduled for APAT on Aug 23. Venue is a university.

Comment

• this seems true... when I got my conditional for 1811, my 1810 was stopped and was no longer looked at...

Comment

• yeah it's true - I'm not guessing. the agency will not let you continue on in the process for both ud and sa positions. they'll make you pick at the initial interview stage.

Comment

• Thanks Trevian. Okay, so essentially I shouldn't go down to the UD two-day process if I REALLY want the SA position? Because if I go down there, and get a conditional after the first interview, then I'll have to pass on the UD anyway... No point in wasting my time. I'll just stay here and do the SA process. Well, see you later UD.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
                        Thanks Trevian. Okay, so essentially I shouldn't go down to the UD two-day process if I REALLY want the SA position? Because if I go down there, and get a conditional after the first interview, then I'll have to pass on the UD anyway... No point in wasting my time. I'll just stay here and do the SA process. Well, see you later UD.
                        You just answered a $69 question. This is exactly the reason why UD process moves quicker and ahead of SA - to ensure that UD gets applicants who wants to be in UD.

I would recommend against a "no show", perhaps go there, follow the process and ask your question there. No one can force you to accept conditional offer. IMHO, worst case scenario, APAT and security paper work would be already completed.

Option 2: call hr before your 2 day thing.
                        Last edited by USSS_applicant; 08-10-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevian View Post
                          Correct. They will make you choose to either pursue the UD position or the SA position. (I'm an SA on the job).
                          Hi Trevian, is it difficult to do 3-4 years as a UD and then transfer/apply for SA? I guess I'm wondering does prior UD experience help you with SA?
                          Last edited by TopGun87; 08-11-2013, 03:08 PM.
                          The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• In each SA training class, there are typically 3-5 former UD officers. There are many many more who apply and either never get an SA spot or wait a very long time. You have to realize that there is a disincentive for the agency to pull from its own ranks. For every UD officer they turn SA, that's another UD vacancy they have to fill. I have many many SA friends/coworkers who were former UD. My opinion - just MY opinion - I would not go the UD route. I think being a UD officer is basically a non law enforcement job. You're going to be a security guard for a building. Or a few different buildings. You will get zero experience in terms of "real" policing. You may travel some to stand post, but basically you'll patrol the white house grounds, a few other diplomatic buildings, work magnetometers, etc. I have never ever met a former UD officer who liked it. Not one. I'm sorry...just telling it like it is. I would get a job as a local cop LOOOOONG before ever going the UD route. The more I've learned about UD, the more it puzzles me that people sign up...
                            Last edited by Trevian; 08-11-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Trevian, thank you for your insight. Threre's one UD guy that came over to my Agency and he was telling me how much he hated the job. He said that he was pretty much a "glorified security guard". Nwyas, could you please give us an insight of what a first year is like for a new Agent? Is it mostly protection, or you get to do some investigative work as well? What is the travel like as far as days away from family? Im not naive and I know what Im getting myself into and definitely willing to travel, but to a certain extent. Any insights would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by TriumphST View Post
                                Trevian, thank you for your insight. Threre's one UD guy that came over to my Agency and he was telling me how much he hated the job. He said that he was pretty much a "glorified security guard". Nwyas, could you please give us an insight of what a first year is like for a new Agent? Is it mostly protection, or you get to do some investigative work as well? What is the travel like as far as days away from family? Im not naive and I know what Im getting myself into and definitely willing to travel, but to a certain extent. Any insights would be appreciated.
                                IMO, this job is COMPLETELY different depending on what city you work in. Some have it great, others, not so much. If you're in a large city that gets a lot of protection visits, you will spend a lot of time working those assignments and will only work investigations when you can fit them into your schedule. If you work somewhere that gets few if any visits, every day will be spent working investigations. Travel depends on what's happening in the country - i.e., is potus on the road, is it a campaign year, is potus going overseas, etc. Those visits have to be staffed with post standers, and they'll get pulled from field office personnel who are on the travel rotation during that particular month. In my office, travel is almost entirely voluntary, and personally I have never traveled unless I volunteered to go. In other offices it's different, and if there's a trip your office has to staff, and you're on the rotation, you're up...With the exception of campaign years, I have never seen field office personnel pulled for weeks and weeks on end. Trips are usually relatively short...
                                The one nice thing this agency does is tell you where you're going to work before you accept the job. Think LONG and HARD about whether you're willing to go work in the city they intend to send you. All are not created equal, and in some the quality of life is very poor. I will make a very honest, blunt confession here...if I could do it over again I would not have accepted the job knowing what life is like in the city where I work. And unfortunately many of my colleagues feel the same way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7884 users online. 193 members and 7691 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X