Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any information floating around out there as to when interviews will start? This process is moving quickly and according to schedule which is very rare. I hope things don't slow down after the APAT.

Comment

• According to currently available information there used to be 3 interviews, now it looks like there is just one. I imagine they expect to weed out a large number of the best qualified applicants from the saee and the apat. Then if you impress in the interview, you are given a conditional offer. The best thing to do, besides preparing for the imidiate step, is to forget this process is even happening. You will save yourself sanity in the long run, then one day the call comes and the adventure of a lifetime begins.

Corrected for spelling.
      Last edited by Municpalvet; 08-03-2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• So, I don't imagine the APAT being all that difficult, as I'm getting ready to take it on the 14th, so the next realistically challenging hurdle is the panel interview. Hopefully I can get past that, but the biggest fear is the background/poly. I have heard some horror stories about the poly. Not gonna lie, that's definitely the most intimidating part for me. Anybody have any experience with military Article 15's, and how they may effect your background investigation?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
          So, I don't imagine the APAT being all that difficult, as I'm getting ready to take it on the 14th, so the next realistically challenging hurdle is the panel interview. Hopefully I can get past that, but the biggest fear is the background/poly. I have heard some horror stories about the poly. Not gonna lie, that's definitely the most intimidating part for me. Anybody have any experience with military Article 15's, and how they may effect your background investigation?
          I have an article 15... and I have a TS/SCI clearance. They are a non-issue and will not affect your BI unless they are somehow related to things like drugs, alcohol, violence, sexual misconduct, etc. The military is a very "charge happy" organization as a whole, and it is very common for guys to get out of the military with at least some sort of bad paperwork. Just like speeding tickets won't affect your BI, neither will benign article 15s, unless they are related to some of the aforementioned subjects. Article 15s simply just don't matter in the real world... court martial convictions on the other hand, certainly do.

Comment

• FL.PO. I'm still waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaag122 View Post
              I have an article 15... and I have a TS/SCI clearance. They are a non-issue and will not affect your BI unless they are somehow related to things like drugs, alcohol, violence, sexual misconduct, etc. The military is a very "charge happy" organization as a whole, and it is very common for guys to get out of the military with at least some sort of bad paperwork. Just like speeding tickets won't affect your BI, neither will benign article 15s, unless they are related to some of the aforementioned subjects. Article 15s simply just don't matter in the real world... court martial convictions on the other hand, certainly do.
              PM inbound

Comment

PM inbound
                Okay, I tried to PM you, but it's blocked, so I'll just put it on here.

Hey man, thanks for the info, but my Article 15 actually was sort of "violent". I got it for Assault, when a friend and I were kinda horseplaying. The fact that an investigation was started, when they thought it might've gone higher than just an Article 15, and my fingerprints from that investigation were inputted into the NCIC. So, because there is an NCIC record of the incident, it appears as though I was arrested, even though I wasn't. As you can see, my Art 15 is a little more complicated than the average "underage drinking", or whatever. Do you think that it'll be a big issue, as long as I'm open and honest about it?

Comment

• If the issue has been mitigated, no charges called and you fully disclose it, and explain it- it may not be as big of a deal as you think it is. You're already in the process, so play the cards you've been dealt and see what happens. Betcha, you won't be withdrawing your app, so just float along. You will be fine.

P.S. I should add - time is also of essence. If it happened 6 months ago, it will be viewed quiet differently if it happened 6 years ago.
                  Last edited by USSS_applicant; 08-05-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• On the 30th I received a passing score email but have yet to receive a notice of the APAT. Has anyone from San Anyonio received an APAT invite?

Comment

• Those whom did get an APAT invite: Was it via email, or phone?

Comment

Okay, I tried to PM you, but it's blocked, so I'll just put it on here.

Hey man, thanks for the info, but my Article 15 actually was sort of "violent". I got it for Assault, when a friend and I were kinda horseplaying. The fact that an investigation was started, when they thought it might've gone higher than just an Article 15, and my fingerprints from that investigation were inputted into the NCIC. So, because there is an NCIC record of the incident, it appears as though I was arrested, even though I wasn't. As you can see, my Art 15 is a little more complicated than the average "underage drinking", or whatever. Do you think that it'll be a big issue, as long as I'm open and honest about it?
                        Even being arrested doesn't matter as long as you were acquitted of the charges, etc. As long as there is not to be any sort of determined long-lasting effects or a trend or irresponsibility, violence behavior, etc. it really should not be an issue as long as you are 100% open and honest about it. Trust me, no one is perfect and bad paperwork will not preclude someone from obtaining a clearance. I am speaking not from just knowledge of policy, but from personal experience as someone with bad paperwork that I received approximately 2 years prior to going through the BI process to obtain my TS/SCI and I now work in the IC. On my SF-86 it asked about any disciplinary action, etc. and I listed everything in complete detail and provided copies of all the paperwork, when I had my initial interview with the background investigator he asked me to clarify in more detail to him, and I did, and he said this won't even be a blip on the radar and my clearance took about 4 months. You don't need to worry as long as you are honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by the constant View Post
                          Those whom did get an APAT invite: Was it via email, or phone?
                          Email.

Comment

• Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. It definitely helps calm the nerves about it. And as far as the time frame goes, yes, it was about 6 years ago. . . Almost to the day. Lets hope that's the only thing that I need to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by bp09 View Post
                              I also test in Phoenix, AZ on July 17th and have not received results. Can you send me the email address that you wrote to for your results.
                              Received below from field office!

Unfortunately, that information is handled by our HQ. The results will be sent directly to you via email. As of this time, I have not been notified of any results either. Please continue to check your inbox and spam box for this notification.

Good Luck,

Comment

• Has anyone in the SW been scheduled for the APAT?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9844 users online. 497 members and 9347 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X