Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't seen this covered yet, so speaking of the study guide, did anyone else notice (what I think is) an error on passage 6 question 3 regarding full-time USSS agents? The statement or rule in the passage is that some full-time employees are Secret Service Agents which, according to the instructions at the beginning of the guide, doesn't really tell us anything about other full-time employees. That is to say, other full-time employees may or may not be USSS agents. Given this, I don't see how the answer to question 3 can be false and the explanation given doesn't make sense.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• I have been on active duty in the military for 7 years, with four combat deployments, a combat infantry badge, and the campaign medals... and I received this e-mail informing me that my veteran credentials were looked at and it was determined that I am "NOT A VET." Really? I called the local FO to no avail. Here is the e-mail:

"Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Your application was reviewed for job opportunity announcement SA1-TK001-13. You were among the best qualified for the position and referred for further processing.

In addition your level of Veterans' Preference was verified as NOT A VET. Thank you for your interest in the United States Secret Service."

I don't separate from the military for another 9 months. When I applied, in lieu of a DD-214 I submitted a "statement of service" from a general officer in my chain of command stating my dates of active duty, separation date that will be an honorable discharge, campaign medals i've received, etc. etc. Before I make a phone call to HR at USSS in DC, i'm interested to see if any other vets received this same e-mail. I received vet preference from the FBI, DEA, and ATF- I can't imagine why USSS would be any different.
      Last edited by jaag122; 07-09-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Yeah you are getting hosed. I know two people who applied to this announcement prior to separation and are in the same boat as you. They both just submitted short memos explaining they don't have a DD214 yet and were expected to separate with an honorable characterization and both got vet pref.

Comment

• Originally posted by petervenkman View Post
          Haven't seen this covered yet, so speaking of the study guide, did anyone else notice (what I think is) an error on passage 6 question 3 regarding full-time USSS agents? The statement or rule in the passage is that some full-time employees are Secret Service Agents which, according to the instructions at the beginning of the guide, doesn't really tell us anything about other full-time employees. That is to say, other full-time employees may or may not be USSS agents. Given this, I don't see how the answer to question 3 can be false and the explanation given doesn't make sense.

Any thoughts?
          I noticed this as well as a couple other typos on the study guide.

Comment

• You military folks who haven't separated yet, try contacting HR and see what happens. If the announcement said you could apply, you should be able to test. HR might work with you, they were very accommodating of me last go around in 2011, and it is the same people there now.

Comment

• Hey Petervenkman:

It made sense to me. Remember it stated that "Some full time employees are secret service agents" . I think the word ALL used in the question #3 makes the statement false. We already know that SOME full time employees are SA as oppose to ALL. So essentially the word Some in the statement and the word ALL in question #3 is what made it false.

Hope I didn't further confuse you.

Comment

• tanner30:

I think in normal conversation you'd be absolutely correct. However, it seems like the study guide specifically points out that "some" isn't to be understood in the normal way. I think the example at the beginning of the guide specifically says something like "some agents are not from Alaska." The incorrect conclusion is that some agents are from Alaska while the correct conclusion is some agents may or may not be from Alaska.

Comment

• Actually, I was OK with the first portion of the study guide. I found errors in the "Language Usage" part. More specifically on passage 1, question 2, it asks which sentence has exactly two errors. Sentence 5 should have french spelled with a capital F and there's an error in subject-verb agreement later in the sentence.

Explanation for #2 states that sentence #5 contains no errors, but in the explanation for question #7, it says that in sentence #5, "french" should be capitalized as French.

Comment

• I received THE CALL for UD. Just wanted to say hi and let you all know. My advice to everyone is be honest, patient and stay in shape. Also once all of you are there, be very detailed on your paperwork. The paperwork is extensive with our agency. Some of you will experience 100 pages of paperwork maybe more. I know I had a lot more than others. God bless

Comment

• Congratulations UD235

Comment

• Congrats man!

Comment

• Anyone else still waiting for the email with the test date?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlashTACP View Post
                            Anyone else still waiting for the email with the test date?
                            I would call them if you were referred and not emailed.

Comment

• I'm in the DC area and haven't received a BQA email yet.

Comment

• Just took the SAEE today, and all I can say is WOW. Hopefully I did we'll enough, but I'll be biting my fingernails until I find out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10315 users online. 240 members and 10075 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X