300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swanny View Post
    During my home interview, beginning of this month, I was told that the panel should be done by the 16th. Admittedly, I am not an expert but I think the "panel" can be several weeks long and the day the calls go out is the final day or day after (ie 16th or 17th). Taking this month for instance, I think the FOs have to send in their packets on the 3rd of October for review by HQ which then makes the final decision and decides who gets the call.

I took my whiz quiz a few days ago and hope that I will get the call tomorrow. At the end of the day, I think it is likely that the calls will go out tomorrow or Friday.
    That could make sense. I do know that my BI told me during the home interview last month that his deadline to have it to DC was on Oct 3rd which collaborates Swanny's story. Also, reviewing past testimonials and timelines shows that some received the "call" the very next day of the expected hiring panel which could explain the theory of a longer process instead of a single hiring panel date. Furthermore, since the 2nd I have heard from several individuals who have claimed to receive the call for their drug test which seems to affirm that perhaps they went before the board who then required their drug screens to be completed in order to be finalized for hire.

It is all a guessing game for us and we just torment ourselves by pretending to understand it.
    Last edited by Inverted; 10-15-2008, 06:56 PM. Reason: confusing adverb

Comment

• Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU View Post
        I was told I wasn't on this board so good luck to everyone, give us the gouge on duty stations, and stay in touch throughout training.
        When were you told that. I figured since you did your Drug Screen you had a chance to be waiting approval by the board. Odds are if you are not on it then neither am I since I just did my Drug Screen a week ago.

Oh well, even if I am not on it I guess that just gives me more time to get things in order. I have been waiting this long, a little longer isn't going to kill me. I am sure it is well worth it.

Comment

• The call

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum but I have been reading it for some time. I just thought I would let everyone know that I got the call yesterday afternoon and my start date is Nov. 10, and academy is Nov. 24. I think everyone should be getting calls real some if they have not gotten one already.

Comment

• I got the call! FLETC in December.

Comment

• Congrats to SCDeputy and Trooper!!! Great news!!!!

Comment

Last edited by Jarhead1302; 02-22-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:35 AM. Reason: delete

Comment

• I was told SA's are hired at Gs-7 with a BS/BA during my home visit.

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:35 AM. Reason: delete

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
                        About how long does the process take after the initial medical exam?
                        Jarhead- this is a tough one. For some people, it has taken 4 months and for others a lot longer. I have been waiting 8 months since my initial medical. It depends on a variety of factors:
                        -Whether they require medical follow ups (mine took 2 months)
                        -Whether you need to be re-polygraphed
                        -How long your BI takes
                        -Whether there is a hiring panel coming up
                        -How many others are in the process

Originally posted by forresde1 View Post
                        Not to be overly nosy, but at what pay-grade are they hiring. GS-5, 7, or 9. I suppose if you have graduate education its a 9. But if you don't, which did they offer. Thanks.
                        Education wise, I know that these are how they base starting salaries, however, I'm not sure how experience plays in. I believe that GS-7 can also be reached with 3 yrs work experience, but not sure.

GS-5: BS/BA
                        GS-7: BS/BA with 3.0 GPA
                        GS-9: Graduate degree

Comment

• Where to?

SCdeputy and Trooper, Do you mind if I ask where you two were offered?

Comment

• process and grade

Guys experience and training play a part in the pay grade. I don't mind saying if it helps others. They offered me GS-9 and I only have a BS, but I have 12 yrs law enforcement with a lot of training.

Also as far as the process goes, based on what I have been reading here for a while it depends on the field office. I had my first interview in Feb. 08 and got the call yesterday. But I was extremely fast on getting my stuff done for them to.

Not trying to brag, but I hope this helps.

Comment

• where to

I was offered LA, Chicago, and Miami

Comment

• Congratulations to the two of you,

Does anyone have any earthly idea how long they have to get all the calls out? I guess that the board info about there being 2 classes was correct. Also, does anyone know what happens to those of us who have finished the process that do not get picked up this time around? Do we just stay on the shelf until the next board, and if that is the case, do we go to the top of the pile, or is it an open competition among all the packets? I know that it sounds silly that those who do not get picked would go to the top, but I was wondering because of the info that most of us have gotten from our FOs. It seems that many people have been told that if you get this far you are more than likely going to get picked up. My concern is that if you are not amongst the most competitive on this board than why should you expect anything different on another.
                                Last edited by airasslt1865; 10-17-2008, 06:13 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7688 users online. 164 members and 7524 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X