Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by JingleHeimrJify; 05-24-2014, 04:49 PM.
    "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Comment

• Originally posted by JingleHeimrJify View Post
      Do non-vets stand a chance in the USSS Special Agent announcement or are they only looking to hire prior military?
      Good question, I received a CO last announcement for UD so I should get it again. From what I heard the USSS is still processing applications the same way it's always been doing it (through HQ).

The DEA processed applications through HQ and it gave non veterans a chance. I think non vets will be able to test and process.
      Last edited by Njw85; 05-22-2013, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Question to all of the folks on the forum, I haven't finished my degree as of yet but I graduate in December of this year, will I be able to process and will I even move through the process given the fact that I'm still completing my degree?

I have six years of local law enforcement experience with four years as a detective; as far as my background goes. My degree is in Computer Information Systems.

Comment

• What are the basic qualifications besides a Bachelor's Degree?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
            What are the basic qualifications besides a Bachelor's Degree?
            People, you are applying to be a darn 1811, which stands for criminal Investigator. Do some fuqing leg work and investigate. How hard is it to pull this info from USSS website?

Done venting.

Comment

• He sounded like kind of a dick but I agree with him. All of these questions have easily accessible answers on the US Secret Service website. To post those are a waste of time.

Comment

• I don't mean to be a bother, but does anyone know if you are under 21 (18 at the moment) you can go and write the TEA exam? I know on the website it says that "Be at least 21 years of age and younger than 37 at the time of receipt of a conditional offer of employment" on the 1811 SA Page. So it leads me to two questions, when would a COE be offered (Before or After TEA exam?) and if offered after the exam does that mean I can write the exam at 18?

I know on the UD page you need to be 21 to apply "Be at least 21 years of age at time of application" but the wording is different on the SA page.

Many Thanks

- Mr.Explorer

Comment

• At least 21 is the requirement for both positions. If you want the best advice possible for a career with the Secret Service, since you are young join the military reserve. I would recommend Navy Reserve. National guard is great as well. Since you will be a reservist which is part time, use the other time to go to college and get your degree. From what I know being in the process. The USSS are huge into hiring individuals with military service. Good luck and god bless.

Comment

• Thanks, I appreciate it. I thought I might just apply because I'm not that far from my B.S.(Winter 2014).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Explorer View Post
                      Thanks, I appreciate it. I thought I might just apply because I'm not that far from my B.S.(Winter 2014).
                      I'm doing the same......I graduate December 2013.......only thing that will hurt you is if you don't apply. Let the folks at DC make the decision.

Comment

• New announcement is open. Apply quickly as each announcement has cut-off numbers/dates..... Good luck.
                        Last edited by Bearcat357; 06-03-2013, 01:23 AM. Reason: Corrected info

Comment

• just got done applying let the waiting begin

Comment

• 2475 applications for the east coast (DC) We'll see how this goes.

Comment

• It expires on the day that number is received. So you have all day.

Comment

• Well guys I can already see how this is going. Well Vets, good luck with this process. This is the USMS and ATF all over again. There will be more qualified vets then anyone who are non vets. If I get a call, I'll be shocked!!! Good Luck...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14012 users online. 397 members and 13615 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X