Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on a UD class?

Comment

• No calls today folks. I haven't heard of one UD235. Frankly we (SA Applicants) were not sure there was going to be an SA class this year.

Comment

• New job vacancy announcements will be posted on www.usajobs.gov for both Special Agent and Uniformed Division Officers from June 3-7. Applications will be accepted by all United States citizens.

Comment

• I wonder if the new vacancy application process will include a PFT and a new written exam. I remember someone mentioning that several months ago.

Lead and I-O: did u guys get that email reference completing all steps if the application process?

Comment

• I didnt get one recently and I went back and looked through my emails from a while back and couldnt find one.

Comment

• yes greek, I got it about three weeks ago--same time everybody else did. not lookin good for the ol' ball coach.
              Secret Service SA
              Applied 1/10
              TEA 4/10
              Initial 5/10
              Panel 10/10
              Poly 12/10
              Poly #2 2/11
              Medical 4/11
              Background 4/11
              HI 5/11
              DS 5/11
              Background update 10/12
              Poly #3 1/13
              Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
              The Call ????

Comment

• What has been the time frame for "the calls" going out in the past?

Comment

• That is great news about a new announcement. I had a question for those that had already started the long process. After applying how long can you wait before taking the TEA exam? The reason I ask is I am currently overseas on a government contract for another five months.
                  Thanks

Comment

• Go ahead and apply Standingby. The USSS is not consistent with their timeline for processing at any phase of the process. Nor is it predictable. The time between could be one month or it could be 6. Trying to guess when things happen is like trying to guess when Jesus will return!

Comment

• Ha, I hear you bro. Thanks for the insight and good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by LawDog99 View Post
                        New job vacancy announcements will be posted on www.usajobs.gov for both Special Agent and Uniformed Division Officers from June 3-7. Applications will be accepted by all United States citizens.
                        Lovely. I will be at Annual Training, and will have absolutely no communication capability.

Oh well, it is just not meant to be. I made it to the end of the last process only to be dropped due to budgets.

Comment

• fanhood, I believe they might have a way of mailing your stuff in if you cannot apply online. Just call recruiting before you give up on it.

And whoever said he is overseas, you should apply, and when you are asked to come in for a test, email them and see if they have another date/ place where you could go take it. I took the TEA exam in 2011 and didn't make it the first date, emailed them, and they assigned me another test day.

And I spoke with a USSS recruiter at a job fair, and they are doing away with the TEA. From what I understood, it might be similar to the FBI test, with psychological portion.

Comment

• quick question! does the USSS require 20/20 vision uncorrected? I currently have contacts and glasses but someone mentioned to get lasik? It is okay if I just wear contacts if I were in the USSS?
                            CBPO
                            Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                            TO: 2/2011
                            Medical: 3/22/2011
                            PT Test: 3/22/2011
                            VBT: 3/2011
                            Background: 3/2011
                            Drug Test: 4/2011
                            Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                            PT Test 2: TBD
                            FLETC: Good Question lol
                            CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                            Info Session 9/2009
                            Interview 3/2010
                            COE 5/2010
                            Medical 5/2010
                            Fit/Background 7/2010
                            All clear as of 11/2010
                            FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                              quick question! does the USSS require 20/20 vision uncorrected? I currently have contacts and glasses but someone mentioned to get lasik? It is okay if I just wear contacts if I were in the USSS?
                              Last time I checked they require 20/20 corrected, 20/100 uncorrected, a deviation from the usual 20/200 uncorrected.

Comment

• No contacts/glasses. LASIK is your best option IMO. I ended up being able to see 20/15.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9383 users online. 200 members and 9183 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X