Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just called the USSS Recruitment line and they said "spring" for the next Vacancy Announcement. How likely is this to come out???
    Last edited by j103; 02-19-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• <<>><<>><<>><<>>
      Last edited by Greek57; 06-23-2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree. Cross your fingers! I applied in February 2011 and the whole announcement was cancelled. But it looks like a lot of people on the forum have been waiting for years so I won't complain.

Comment

• <<>><<>><<>><<>>
          Last edited by Greek57; 06-23-2013, 04:54 PM. Reason: For added drama

Comment

• I have been told admin will possibly try to by out agents that are not quite eligible for retirement as a form of early retirement. That would only be part of a plan if they have one. I don't know. It's another round of budget bullcrap that keeps repeating itself which causes our process to halt every time it comes up. Just have to keep the faith we will make it through.

Comment

• Well, today I was contacted by my BI in reference to completing my background update so things are still moving forward despite budget issues. Nice little pick-me-up. Same procedures Broncos explained.

Comment

• <<>><<>><<>><<>>
                Last edited by Greek57; 06-23-2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Curious to know how you guys found out you're on the shelf. After my HI (11/11) I was told my file would be forwarded to D.C to go before the hiring panel. End of March of 12 I got the email saying there is no longer a vacancy due to budgetary constraints. Subsequent emails to my FO indicated that I'd have to start the entire prices over. Could this be an oversight? Or am I just unlucky?

Comment

• @Haines84 Unfortunately I think your going to have to start the process over. March of last year there were some announcements that were cancelled and anyone in those announcements would have to re-apply. Many of the people whose annoucements were cancelled has seen some movement with updating there paperwork and BI. But I did hear on this forum that there is a possibility of another annoucement this Spring

Comment

• Despite my file being "sent" to DC four months prior?

Comment

• Yea from what I understand even the ones that were sent to D.C. It was a whole annoucement that was closed so anyone who applied in that announcement was discontinued.

Comment

• I understand these positions are extremely competitive and that having law enforcement experience and/or military experience is usually helpful in being hired . How good of a chance does one have of being hired if he/she has one to two years of experience as a county welfare fraud investigator and a master's degree in accounting?

Comment

• Originally posted by toocoldhere11 View Post
                            I understand these positions are extremely competitive and that having law enforcement experience and/or military experience is usually helpful in being hired . How good of a chance does one have of being hired if he/she has one to two years of experience as a county welfare fraud investigator and a master's degree in accounting?
                            You would probably have a better chance with the FBI. They love accountants.

Comment

• Originally posted by toocoldhere11 View Post
                              I understand these positions are extremely competitive and that having law enforcement experience and/or military experience is usually helpful in being hired . How good of a chance does one have of being hired if he/she has one to two years of experience as a county welfare fraud investigator and a master's degree in accounting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddiebauer86 View Post
                                True, but I'm not an accountant. It is my understanding that most agencies like candidates who have a background/education in accounting since a good majority of organized crimes deal with money and being able to follow the trail of money. Even though the FBI offers great opportunities, I do not want to put all of my eggs in one basket and am interested in multiple agencies. I'm just trying to get an idea if I would have a decent chance with my employment and educational background.

Thanks for your response.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10761 users online. 383 members and 10378 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X