Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by GeoAFSFS View Post
    Hey guys, not to get off topic here, but I had a question. I just passed the TEA and got the CD in the mail from my local FO with the SF 86 and medical forms to fill out. The letter the CD came with says the next step is a "Security Interview" at my FO.

    I've already had the "Initial Interview", but have not had the "Panel Interview" yet. So what is the "Security Interview"?
    My security interview was incorporated into my panel. Before the panel questioned me, I sat down with an agent he asked me questions about my background including criminal history, drug use, foreign contacts, etc. Basically the last chance to admit anything before the poly "catches you." That's at least what they told me Just be honest and forthcoming, mine took about 45 minutes.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
      My security interview was incorporated into my panel. Before the panel questioned me, I sat down with an agent he asked me questions about my background including criminal history, drug use, foreign contacts, etc. Basically the last chance to admit anything before the poly "catches you." That's at least what they told me Just be honest and forthcoming, mine took about 45 minutes.
      Thank FutureAgent001 that makes sense.

      My FO seems to be taking each step individually, rather than combining like some of the other FO's. Makes things a little confusing when trying to compare experiences with other candidates.

      Comment


      • Hiring Panel

        Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:20 PM.

        Comment


        • Great info. I called the clearance line several times over the last week and can never get anyone on the phone, or get anyone to return my messages.

          Has anyone else had that issue?

          Comment


          • panel interview

            Anyone can explain what the panel interview is like, is it a traditional interview?
            Thanks

            Comment


            • Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:20 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by OSU View Post
                My panel was right after my TEA. I sat across the table from three current agents (one senior one and two junior agents) and they asked me standard scenario-based questions. It was almost a year ago, but I believe that they asked 23 questions and it took about 45 minutes. They took notes the whole time and they back-briefed me when it was over and answered some of my questions.

                So yes, it was a traditional interview.
                Define Scenario questions, are they Law enforcement or Secret service protection scenarios?

                Comment


                • Deleted by me
                  Last edited by OSU; 01-08-2009, 12:53 PM.

                  Comment


                  • [QUOTE=OSU;1439258]They were law enforcement scenarios that were geared towards moral dilemmas like: You catch your partner taking a piece of unimportant evidence from a crime scene and you don't report it. Later on that piece becomes important and your partner doesn't want to come forward with the evidence for a solid conviction because he will get in trouble, what do you do? Do you get a supervisor involved?

                    The questions did not require you to know police procedure or the law. A lot of the questions had numerous follow-ups that usually asked you to relate your life experiences to your answer (i.e. when did you face a similiar dilemma in your life and how did you solve it).

                    Thanks
                    That really helps me know what to expect.
                    Last edited by WARGOAT; 10-07-2008, 12:22 PM.

                    Comment


                    • On a seperate note: I did some more digging today and received confirmation that my package did NOT go before the recent board because I didn't do the drug screen in time because my contact info was wrong in the system at HQ. But there is a board later on this month and I should be good to go for that one. Since I moved my contact info was not updated correctly and I lost valuable time in the process and missed my window. Moral of the story: if you move or something in your life drastically changes, update your info and independently confirm that it is updated.[/QUOTE]

                      That is different than what I was told. My BI told me that not having a drug screen would not delay being put in front of a hiring panel - that they could do the drug screen after you were selected. There is no consistancy with anything that anyone is told.

                      Comment


                      • pt requirements

                        can anybody give me an idea of what the pt requirements are like at fletc and the training center in MD? such as how often you pt? how many times a week do you run and how long and in what amount of time? upper body strength drills, are they still the same as the pt test takin durin the hiring process?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cpdsullivan117 View Post
                          can anybody give me an idea of what the pt requirements are like at fletc and the training center in MD? such as how often you pt? how many times a week do you run and how long and in what amount of time? upper body strength drills, are they still the same as the pt test takin durin the hiring process?
                          USSS does not have a PT test during the hiring process.

                          CITP at FLETC requirements are to meet the 25th percentile of the physical efficiency battery (PEB). See here: http://www.fletc.gov/training/progra...tery-peb.html/

                          For JJRTC in MD, you will be given an Initial (non-scored, before FLETC), Beginning (upon return from FLETC), Mid-Term, and Final fitness test. There are 4 areas: Pushups, Chinups, situps, and 1.5 mile run. There are also 5 levels of scoring: Very poor (0 pts), poor (1 pt), fair (2 pts), good (3 pts), excellent (4pts). For the beginning you must score a minimum total of 7 pts and for the mid-term and final, you must score 10 pts. To give you an idea, for males ages 20-29, here are the requirements to be scored at the GOOD (3pt) level:
                          Pushups: 50-54 in 1 minute
                          Sit ups: 42-46 in 1 minute
                          Chinups: 9-10
                          1.5 mile run: 10:17-11:41

                          Hope that helps!
                          Last edited by FutureAgent001; 10-07-2008, 07:56 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Talked to an agent today at WFO. The hiring panel did meet on 10-2-08. They go over each applicant and score them individually. First they review the applicants who are from the Uniform Division or employed by the Secret Service in other career fields that are applicants. Then they review all others outside the Secret Service and score them. They dont hire anyone until all applicants are scored. I was told it may take another two weeks to hear something. Hope this helps all that are waiting to hear some news.
                            Good Luck!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
                              USSS does not have a PT test during the hiring process.

                              CITP at FLETC requirements are to meet the 25th percentile of the physical efficiency battery (PEB). See here: http://www.fletc.gov/training/progra...tery-peb.html/

                              For JJRTC in MD, you will be given an Initial (non-scored, before FLETC), Beginning (upon return from FLETC), Mid-Term, and Final fitness test. There are 4 areas: Pushups, Chinups, situps, and 1.5 mile run. There are also 5 levels of scoring: Very poor (0 pts), poor (1 pt), fair (2 pts), good (3 pts), excellent (4pts). For the beginning you must score a minimum total of 7 pts and for the mid-term and final, you must score 10 pts. To give you an idea, for males ages 20-29, here are the requirements to be scored at the GOOD (3pt) level:
                              Pushups: 50-54 in 1 minute
                              Sit ups: 42-46 in 1 minute
                              Chinups: 9-10
                              1.5 mile run: 10:17-11:41

                              Hope that helps!


                              That is exactly what i was looking for. Thank you for your help.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by pcs258
                                hi forum.

                                I had a question, on the application. One of the KSA's is for firearm knowledge? What if you never fired a handgun? (Ie you live in a state like NY where you cant even touch a firearm without a permit when you are 21). would this significantly hurt an applicant?

                                thanks in advance for your replies
                                TO answer your question NO

                                My FO SAIC who interviewed me said its better that applicants have never fired a weapon. Its easier to teach someone the secret service way of shooting that way.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7325 users online. 284 members and 7041 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X