Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love technology

Comment

• From what I understand they are doing the background checks. At least I know they have been since November since my Credit and stuff was pulled. I then had to update my info with my FO in Dec. and from what I understand will have to do another poly. Im not sure if they are going to go through contacting everyone again. At least we are seeing some movement and hopefully with the holidays over things will speed up of some (FINGERS CROSSED LOL)

Comment

• I called my FO today and I was told they were instructed to stop background updates shortly after they had begun contacting applicants on the shelf. They were unaware of when they would resume. The good news was they had not been informed of any future classes being cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lead-Farmer View Post
          I called my FO today and I was told they were instructed to stop background updates shortly after they had begun contacting applicants on the shelf. They were unaware of when they would resume. The good news was they had not been informed of any future classes being cancelled.
          Wait, wait, wait....stop background updates?

So does this mean that they filled the next academy or are we in for another long wait?

The real truth (TROLL ALERT):

I know what happened. The USSS has been disbanded and the FBI will assume all USSS responsibilities. They were told to cease all background updates because D.C. sent letters indicating that we will need to apply to the FBI's new protective SA opening.

All current USSS SA's will now be FBI SA's.....said no one ever.
          Last edited by Greek57; 01-09-2013, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• For those of you that were on the shelf, then had the VA cancelled and want to reapply, or just want to apply in general, I was told by my FO that there would be another Vacancy Announcement sometime in January. Start scanning USA Jobs. Or I guess you could just check this website.

Comment

• contrary to what others are saying.. I know the background checks are still being done. So dont lose the faith and stay ready for all my people on the SHELF.

Comment

• Calm down Greek I'm hardly a troll. I'm just passing on what I was told. If a class was filled everyone on this forum would know. I gave my FO my updated info back in October and they haven't verified any of it yet and I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks for the reply steelcurtain. That's a good indication that they either stopped in my area or maybe it was just my background.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lead-Farmer View Post
                  Calm down Greek I'm hardly a troll. I'm just passing on what I was told. If a class was filled everyone on this forum would know. I gave my FO my updated info back in October and they haven't verified any of it yet and I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks for the reply steelcurtain. That's a good indication that they either stopped in my area or maybe it was just my background.
                  No no, I would never call u a troll. I was just alerting my own statement.

Comment

• {[]}{[]}{[]}{[]}{[]}{[]}{[]}{[]}{[]}{[]}{[]}{[]}
                    Last edited by Greek57; 01-11-2013, 08:31 AM. Reason: CBP not the CITP

Comment

• Originally posted by Greek57 View Post
                      No no, I would never call u a troll. I was just alerting my own statement.
                      Cool, thanks Greek.

Comment

• i've good news and bad news. bad news is that i have to take another poly. the good news headquarters is anticipating a panel for "early 2013". what does early mean? your guess is as good as mine.
                        Secret Service SA
                        Applied 1/10
                        TEA 4/10
                        Initial 5/10
                        Panel 10/10
                        Poly 12/10
                        Poly #2 2/11
                        Medical 4/11
                        Background 4/11
                        HI 5/11
                        DS 5/11
                        Background update 10/12
                        Poly #3 1/13
                        Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
                        The Call ????

Comment

• That is good news I-O. I'm afraid I'm going to have to re-poly myself even tho they have not told me yet. Unless they r done with me and haven't told me that either.......

Comment

• i just got word about this today after 5 cst, so i'm sure you will be hearing back soon.
                            Secret Service SA
                            Applied 1/10
                            TEA 4/10
                            Initial 5/10
                            Panel 10/10
                            Poly 12/10
                            Poly #2 2/11
                            Medical 4/11
                            Background 4/11
                            HI 5/11
                            DS 5/11
                            Background update 10/12
                            Poly #3 1/13
                            Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
                            The Call ????

Comment

• I'm pretty sure the DC office is busy until later next week due to the Presidential Inauguration.

New Timeline Predictions (since my last were way off)

Hiring Panel: 2/5/13
                              The Calls: 2/6/13-2/8/13
                              FLETC CITP: 3/11/13

Any other predictions?

Comment

• Originally posted by inside-out View Post
                                i've good news and bad news. bad news is that i have to take another poly. the good news headquarters is anticipating a panel for "early 2013". what does early mean? your guess is as good as mine.
                                That's great news, thanks! Just wondering, but did they only except resumes in the form of the USAJobs template last time or were you able to submit your own? Trying to get together my info now, so any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7617 users online. 407 members and 7210 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X