Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been reading this forum since I started the hiring process in July 2010 - just now got registered to post. I'm one of those that was on the shelf but got the "the opening you applied for has been cancelled" emails. I talked to my SAIC last week- he forwarded me the email saying that I would have to do everything over again because some tests/standards have changed. I would not have to redo poly except it expires after 2 years and mine will expire in April. The email also stated they should be posting openings in 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2013.

Comment

• If you don't mind what test/ standards have changed? Reason for my asking, there was once rumor of a PT test added to the procedure.

Comment

• Copied and pasted from the email
        "The SA/UD hiring process is changing. There will be a cut-off applicants will need to meet; a new test, the Special Agent Entrance Examination (SAEE); a new physical assessment, the Applicant Physical Abilities Test (APAT); and, modified Initial and Panel Interviews. Yes, the applicant will need to start all over. The polygraph and medical results are good for two years. "

Comment

• So the email itself stated that openings would not be occurring until 2nd quarter 2013 or was that the SAIC speculating? That sounds like the most official word anyone's heard yet if it was from some recruitment email.

Comment

• I met with my FO today to update my background. He said two classes will be filled sometime before next summer. That was the best answer I could get. No answer on how many are on the shelf, class dates, how many vets are on the shelf and I didn't even ask what field offices needed new agents. The only confident answer was "48 new hires." The fed gov is running on a 6 month resolution so "maybe" they will have a few more classes after that. IDK, It was funny because two people were astonished I've been in the process since October, 2009. Just glad to still be in it.

Comment

• The wording from the email was they were "expecting" to hire 3 UD and 2 SA classes in 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2013

Comment

• Just got the official word- I will be going to the July 2018 class !!!!!
                Last edited by Greek57; 10-19-2012, 10:52 AM. Reason: drama

Comment

• Quick question for those who might know. I am interested in applying for US Secret Service if they have another announcement. Unfortunately the last time I applied (03/2010), I failed the polygraph portion of the hiring process. I can't remember exactly, but I believe it was December of 2010 when I took the poly. I long ago deleted any correspondence from the agency, and the truth is that I do not know if I am even eligible to reapply with a failed poly. Does anyone here know?
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Another black eye for the department.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/24...est=latestnews

Comment

• still on the shelf.....

Place me on the list please for being very dusty as well....i was recently notified that i have a poly retest on Nov. 15 due to mine being two years old...it's been a long wait but hopefully for many the outcome will be sweet!

Comment

• Welcome back Broncos

Comment

• The List (mini edition- as of 10/29):

Waiting the Call...aka 'wannabe 2013 1st academy class recruits'

Broncos (Poly re-up scheduled)
                          Local21811
                          Greek57
                          Lead-Farmer
                          Inside Out
                          Steelcurtain

Comment

• Greek, are they finished with your background upate? Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greek57 View Post
                              The List (mini edition- as of 10/29):

Local21811
                              Greek57
                              Lead-Farmer
                              Inside Out
                              Steelcurtain
                              Go ahead and include me back on the list, I received my "are you still interested" call a couple of weeks ago and already met with my RAIC. I am just awaiting the Poly

Comment

• The List (as of 11/7):

Local21811
                                Greek57
                                Lead-Farmer
                                Inside Out
                                Steelcurtain
                                RedDog11 (needsa re-poly)

NOTE: if you want to be on the list- PM me or post here on the thread

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11214 users online. 404 members and 10810 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X