Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I came back from the dead when I heard about the emails going out. Sorry everyone had a similar experience to mine. Luckily I was able to get on with another agency so there is always hope. Keep your heads up and keep trying.

Comment

• Cowbell! That's great to hear you got another J-O-B. Your USSS experince was definitely jaw dropping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lead-Farmer View Post
        Cowbell! That's great to hear you got another J-O-B. Your USSS experince was definitely jaw dropping.
        Lead-Farmer,
        Thanks for the love. Sad to hear everyone else is getting the rug pulled out from under them as well. I miss the days of checking this thread and my cell phone every five minutes honestly. It is what it is. Best of luck to everyone. Keep plugging. Itll happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishFed View Post
          Well, the might need to hire 11 new people!!

Colombia, Beer, and Hookers, OH MY!!!
          I guess it's not too soon anymore for the cracks to begin.

Comment

• Has anyone heard from their FO or other reliable source whether there will be classes in FY 2013? Or anything about how long the freeze is going to continue?

Comment

• Seriously, all these shenanigans... does it make you not want to apply when hiring opens back up?

Comment

• no, sounds like a rocking party.

Comment

• Has anybody received any letter from Human resources in referrence to there application besides the email that cancelled one of the job annoucements?

Comment

• yes, received an email today:

This is to inform you that you have successfully completed all phases of the application process for the Secret Service special agent position and are now eligible for selection as a special agent (trainee). Please be advised that this is not a guarantee that you will be selected for a special agent (trainee) position. Selection depends on several factors including the number of projected vacancies and budgetary considerations. Currently, we anticipate hiring only a limited number of applicants this fiscal year.

Your application will be retained for one year from the date this email was sent. During this period, you should notify us via email of any change in your application materials such as a change of address, marital status, education, or employment. After this one year period, you will no longer be considered for the position unless you notify us via email of your continued interest. All communication concerning your application for employment should be sent to [email protected].

In the event that you elect to continue in the process, you may be required to successfully recomplete the polygraph and medical examinations before you can be considered eligible for selection. Also prior to appointment, your security clearance background investigation will be updated.

We appreciate your interest in the United States Secret Service.

Sincerely,

Chief, Special Agent and Uniformed Division Support Branch

Comment

• I wonder what that letter means?

Comment

• is this a glimmer of hope for all of us shelf guys?

i've not received the email that broncos got, but i haven't gotten the bqa or the defacto bqa.
                        Secret Service SA
                        Applied 1/10
                        TEA 4/10
                        Initial 5/10
                        Panel 10/10
                        Poly 12/10
                        Poly #2 2/11
                        Medical 4/11
                        Background 4/11
                        HI 5/11
                        DS 5/11
                        Background update 10/12
                        Poly #3 1/13
                        Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
                        The Call ????

Comment

• I thought that everyone was taken off the shelf. Apparently it was just most of us. Was it only military that stayed?

Originally posted by inside-out View Post
                          is this a glimmer of hope for all of us shelf guys?

i've not received the email that broncos got, but i haven't gotten the bqa or the defacto bqa.

Comment

• i refuse to be off the shelf until i get some sort of official notification.
                            Secret Service SA
                            Applied 1/10
                            TEA 4/10
                            Initial 5/10
                            Panel 10/10
                            Poly 12/10
                            Poly #2 2/11
                            Medical 4/11
                            Background 4/11
                            HI 5/11
                            DS 5/11
                            Background update 10/12
                            Poly #3 1/13
                            Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
                            The Call ????

Comment

• I'm with I-O. I havn't received the E-mail posted by Broncos or a bqa. I spoke to my FO contact to inform her of my continued interest which she replied "They have to start hiring sometime." Sadly enough that's the most positive statement I've heard all year in regards to getting hired.

Also, did they cancel every announcement from January, 2010 to present? I've noticed there are a few people who are still on the shelf that applied under the cancelled job announcement, which is good for them. It appears USSS didn't ditch everyone.

Comment

• I also received the email that broncos got and I am not military

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8799 users online. 483 members and 8316 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X