Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with you. When I asked I was told they would only do the med and poly for those two years that have elapsed. So all med and poly questions would only pertain to the previous two years.

Comment

• I spoke to the agent in charge at my local resident office today. He confirmed that there are currently no classes scheduled. He also mentioned that the process is good for two years but they may grandfather people in. He was uncertain. He indicated that this is all new to the Service and it's the first time this has happened to them. I talked to him about the email applicants have been getting and he was unaware of it. He did say they are struggling with the budget. They may not have enough money to pay the current agents salaries. He also said there are currently 72 open agent positions. In my opinion, stay positive and it will work itself out. They have to fill positions at some point. When I told him that I didn't think it was fair that they are still processing new applicants while cancelling current people on the shelf, he indicated they are only processing military applicants. Take it all for what it is worth, I saw him unofficially but he seemed to confirm what others have been saying....keep working out and stay positive!

Comment

• So I spoke with someone at SA Support. They said that a new TEA may be coming out and it would nullify my current TEA (2010). I would need to reapply again and take the new TEA if it is out by then. My local office couldn't confirm this, but I have no reason not to believe it. They said that a new announcement may also be coming out by the end of this year.

Comment

• It wouldn't surprise me if the brain trust had a new announcement by the end of the year, after scrapping all of the people that were completely done with the process from the last announcement.

Comment

• Take for what it's worth but I was told by someone at HQ that they may not hire for two years (FY12 &13). I don't see it as a reality, but this person is a trusted source on the inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPD Once View Post
              Take for what it's worth but I was told by someone at HQ that they may not hire for two years (FY12 &13). I don't see it as a reality, but this person is a trusted source on the inside.
              Your source may be right. After reading this article I didn't get the feeling there would be hiring. There is a lot of talk on budget cuts. No where did it refer to increasing staffing levels. This is for the 2013 budget.

http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/testimony/2...quest-hac.shtm

Comment

• Well, the might need to hire 11 new people!!

Colombia, Beer, and Hookers, OH MY!!!

Comment

• For what it's worth, I received one of the e-mails today, same as others before,

do to budget issues announcement you applied under has been cancelled feel free to apply in the future......

Well, that was 2 years down the tubes, next……

Applied 7/2010
                  Test 9/2010
                  Interview 11/2010
                  Panel 2/2011
                  Poly 7/2011
                  Background 9/2011
                  Medical 11/2012
                  Home visit 12/2011
                  Follow-up ?’s 3/2012
                  cancelled 4/2012

Comment

• Very embarrassing for the Service.

Surprised UD didn't take the fall for the whole thing. From what I heard, it is not nearly as bad as reported...I believe about 50% of what is in print/news.

Originally posted by IrishFed View Post
                    Well, the might need to hire 11 new people!!

Colombia, Beer, and Hookers, OH MY!!!
                    Last edited by UD4LIFE; 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• That stinks...keep your head up

Originally posted by romans134 View Post
                      For what it's worth, I received one of the e-mails today, same as others before,

do to budget issues announcement you applied under has been cancelled feel free to apply in the future......

Well, that was 2 years down the tubes, next……

Applied 7/2010
                      Test 9/2010
                      Interview 11/2010
                      Panel 2/2011
                      Poly 7/2011
                      Background 9/2011
                      Medical 11/2012
                      Home visit 12/2011
                      Follow-up ?’s 3/2012
                      cancelled 4/2012

Comment

• Was anybody really surprised to hear the CAT was involved? I just want to see the photos of the hookers wearing the "load bearing vest with yellow police markings!".

Here will be the USSS spin. All these fine men were out at a bar and just happened to believe that a group of women wanted to sleep with them. These guys had no idea that the girls were hookers so when the girl asked for money the guy said no and that she should just feel honored to have slept with a SA of the USSS. DHS OIG will be told to get lost because they have no power to investigate the USSS.

Comment

• Where did you read CAT was involved? I thought it was a mix of SA and UD advancement teams.

Comment

• IrishFed, you are insane.... The service is going to get cracked for this. It's not a good scene, especially being a POTUS team.

Comment

• NBC reported 2 supervisors, 3 CAT, and 2 CS. This has not been confirmed by any sources yet, but it would not surprise me if CAT was involved.

Anybody remember the flash bangs in the swimming pool?

Comment

• We will see if this will be different. I have seen too many examples of people simply being removed from their current posiiton, transferred to a different office, and later get promoted. Maybe since this was such a mess something will change. I hope so.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7945 users online. 454 members and 7491 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X