Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one bites the dust. 16 months in.

Comment

• I just got it too...applied in Feb '11. Went through everything really fast, interview in April, Panel in May, sat around for a couple months with no word, then Poly, medical, and home interview all in December and January. Got all amped up for nothing...

Comment

• I'm out also, as of 1:30am. I called the local FO and was told this is a much better status than a DQ. Look for announcements to fill classes for 2013 and everything will have to be repeated except the TEA. At this point we go straight into the initial and the panel. This seems to have been department wide. I have been in the process since 3/10 and cleared for hire since 3/11. Good luck to all, maybe the ATF and MS will be off before 2013...

Comment

• I got my email too. I guess maybe after the election year.

Comment

• Post has been updated
            Last edited by schwinpopo; 06-07-2017, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BkBrawler1 View Post
              So I just got an email regarding my USSS SA Application Status. It's not a BQA, but it's a rejection. I'm attaching it below. I really can't believe it. And if you knew my personal circumstances, you probably wouldn't believe it either. This is really crazy, and i can't put my disappointment into words. Because i'm a glutton for punishment, i would probably still apply if the USSS SA position comes up again. I have other 1811 applications that are active, but this is the one i wanted. I guess i can be happy its not technically a BQA, but it's still a rejection.
              ================================================== ============
              This is to advise you of the action taken on your application for the Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) position with the U.S. Secret Service, Vacancy Announcement Number:SA1-XXXX-XX.

As stated in the conditional offer of employment, you were being considered for an appointment as a Criminal Investigator (Special Agent), GL-1811. Unfortunately, as a result of recent budget constraints, management decided not to fill additional positions at this time. It is anticipated that another Criminal Investigator vacancy announcement will be announced in the future. Please feel free to reapply.

We wish you success in your future endeavors. Questions concerning this email can be sent to [email protected].

Thank you for your interest in the United States Secret Service.

Sincerely,
              /s/
              Chief, Special Agent and Uniformed Division Support Branch

P.S.: Department of Homeland Security information for your consideration:

Are you looking for a career in federal law enforcement? Do your core values include vigilance, integrity, and service to country? Customs and Border Protection Officers embody these values and play a vital role in preventing terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States and enforcing customs, immigration, and agriculture laws and regulations at U.S. ports of entry. Are you ready to join one of the finest law enforcement organizations in the world as a Customs and Border Protection Officer? CBP is NOW accepting applications for the CBP Officer.

Please visit our website at www.cbp.gov/careers for more information on CBP, CBP Officers. For more information on the position and how you can apply for a new and exciting career opportunity http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/311667200.
              Now that is a slap in the face. No offense against the CBP Officer job, but do they seriously think that the same candidates for a USSS 1811 position would be interested in a CBPO job? A lot of the 1811 candidates have advanced degrees, extensive LE experience, decorated military backgrounds, etc. a lot of the candidates for the CBPO position are younger, less educated, less experienced, and looking for an entry level LE position.

That would be like the FBI cancelling their announcement then suggesting all the candidates apply for BOP.
              Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• I also got an email, military and fed leo.

Comment

• This is to advise you of the action taken on your application for the Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) position with the U.S. Secret Service, Vacancy Announcement Number:SA1-XXXX-XX.

As stated in the conditional offer of employment, you were being considered for an appointment as a Criminal Investigator (Special Agent), GL-1811. Unfortunately, as a result of recent budget constraints, management decided not to fill additional positions at this time. It is anticipated that another Criminal Investigator vacancy announcement will be announced in the future. Please feel free to reapply.

We wish you success in your future endeavors. Questions concerning this email can be sent to [email protected].

Thank you for your interest in the United States Secret Service.

Sincerely,
                  /s/
                  Chief, Special Agent and Uniformed Division Support Branch

P.S.: Department of Homeland Security information for your consideration:

Are you looking for a career in federal law enforcement? Do your core values include vigilance, integrity, and service to country? Customs and Border Protection Officers embody these values and play a vital role in preventing terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States and enforcing customs, immigration, and agriculture laws and regulations at U.S. ports of entry. Are you ready to join one of the finest law enforcement organizations in the world as a Customs and Border Protection Officer? CBP is NOW accepting applications for the CBP Officer.

Please visit our website at www.cbp.gov/careers for more information on CBP, CBP Officers. For more information on the position and how you can apply for a new and exciting career opportunity http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/311667200.

What is the difference between this letter and the BQA? Any significance? I'm confused between the two, given that neither of them are DQ Letters? Anybody know? My guess, maybe the ones with the letter above are more qualified than those like myself that received the BQA. They just didn't get hired because of budget issues, and myself and other people who got the BQA didn't get hired because there were other higher qualified applicants? Any insight?
                  “Dedication is not what others expect of you, it is what you can give to others.”

"Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

Comment

• This is the BQA Letter I got back in June of 2010:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

This is to advise you of the action taken on your application for the Criminal
                    Investigator (Special Agent) position with the United States Secret Service.

Your application was reviewed along with those of other qualified applicants. I
                    regret to inform you that, after careful consideration of your application, you
                    were not selected to continue in the application process. I would like to
                    emphasize that this decision is not a negative reflection of your
                    qualifications. The United States Secret Service receives a vast amount of high
                    quality applications. Many qualified applicants are not selected, simply because
                    the number of well-qualified applicants exceeds the number of available
                    vacancies.

Thank you for your interest in the United States Secret Service. We wish you
                    success in your employment endeavors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps! They really do let you down easy though...LoL
                    Originally posted by RSGSRT
                    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• To be honest, the BQA and this new letter have the same outcome, the process is over. When the new announcement opens up both those who received the BQA letter and this latest letter will be starting from the same point.

Comment

• I am a former USSS agent and from what I understand there will not be any academy classes for SA positions this year. I don't know if this also applies to UD.

Comment

• I haven't received any email (yet). Applied 01/2010. Home Interview 02/2011. Anyone else not get anything?

I was wondering what they would do once enough time passed on people's drug screening, poly, etc...

Comment

• I was told that the medical and poly expire at the two year mark. I'm sure they will let them expire, then it will be a mad dash to get them done. However, nothing has been speedy about my process.

Comment

• patiently awaiting something..... not sure what, but it will come....eventually
                              AKA: Greek57 (from early on posts)

USSS SA

Applied 3/10
                              TEA 5/10
                              COE 5/10
                              Initial 6/10
                              Panel 10/10
                              Poly 12/10
                              Medical 2/11
                              BI 5/11
                              DS 5/11
                              HI 5/11
                              The Call ????

Comment

• Why let them expire, though? My two year mark for the poly and med eval is October and January, respectively. It would make sense for them to not have to spend the time and money on redoing those things, but then again, a lot can happen in two years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5931 users online. 293 members and 5638 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X