X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
    http://www.911jobforums.com/archive/...p/t-18601.html

Is this the way it used to be graded?
    Well that thread is over 5 years old, so who knows? The important thing is that you now have to score a 70 in order to be moved on with the USSS, just looked it up to verify.

If you are concerned about the test Jarhead1302 then invest in a good study guide, they're available at most bookstores. I used the ARCO "Treasury Enforcement Agent Exam" one and felt it helped me prepare but there are others out there to choose from. Plus many of these study guides have information on the other stages of the hiring process. And of course forums like this one are full of useful Intel.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoAFSFS View Post
      Well that thread is over 5 years old, so who knows? The important thing is that you now have to score a 70 in order to be moved on with the USSS, just looked it up to verify.

If you are concerned about the test Jarhead1302 then invest in a good study guide, they're available at most bookstores. I used the ARCO "Treasury Enforcement Agent Exam" one and felt it helped me prepare but there are others out there to choose from. Plus many of these study guides have information on the other stages of the hiring process. And of course forums like this one are full of useful Intel.
      I used ARCO and found it pretty helpful. Maybe not the best but if you work through it all you should greatly improve your odds. I work with numbers by trade so naturally I did better on that part of the exam. I would tell anyone, however, that if you're nervous about your performance to focus on the math--some of those logic questions are much harder to teach to, IMHO.

I've taken this test so many times (and passed it each time) I didn't even finish the entire guide before the exam and still got an 80.

Comment

• Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU View Post
          I saw on another forum that the panel met yesterday, but who knows...no calls posted on the net and I'm not holding my breath.

http://www.911jobforums.com/showthre...t=60741&page=4
          Indeed, that was the info received from two different sources. A handful of us have been sitting next to our phones for the last 24 hours. We'll see what happens.....

Comment

• Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I'm sure that the selections have to be vetted and approved by someone important so it may be a few days before the calls go out regardless.
              Exactly what was going on in the back of my mind. Guess I was just being overly optimistic that things would fly along quickly for once

Comment

• Originally posted by CWU View Post
                I would tell anyone, however, that if you're nervous about your performance to focus on the math--some of those logic questions are much harder to teach to, IMHO.
                I'm not arguing with that, especially if you got weeks or months to study. But.. if time is limited, or you just aren't a sit-down-and-study person, I would say brush up on what you are good at, to make sure that you get every EASY point you can. For example, I despise math and it's just not what my brain does well; but I have always done well in Reading/Writing. An hour spent trying to force-feed myself math could be an hour spent refreshing some vocabulary or writing skills, which I would probably absorb better because it just fits my learning style.

Basically, I think it's easier to improve further on something you're already good at, than try to improve on something you have little skill or passion for.

Comment

• Originally posted by bork View Post
                  I'm not arguing with that, especially if you got weeks or months to study. But.. if time is limited, or you just aren't a sit-down-and-study person, I would say brush up on what you are good at, to make sure that you get every EASY point you can. For example, I despise math and it's just not what my brain does well; but I have always done well in Reading/Writing. An hour spent trying to force-feed myself math could be an hour spent refreshing some vocabulary or writing skills, which I would probably absorb better because it just fits my learning style.

Basically, I think it's easier to improve further on something you're already good at, than try to improve on something you have little skill or passion for.
                  If you are already good at Reading/Writing then studying for Reading/Writing should take little to no effort. Why wouldn't you put the effort in to overcome the Math portion?

Comment

• Originally posted by IT/DIV-1811 View Post
                    If you are already good at Reading/Writing then studying for Reading/Writing should take little to no effort. Why wouldn't you put the effort in to overcome the Math portion?
                    I agree. It's the math portion that causes most applicants fits. If you're weak at math, you'll really need to hunker down.
                    They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

• Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I called the Recruiting and Hiring Coordination Center this morning and actually spoke to a real person. Of course they had my old address and phone number in the system and she couldn't see any details of my application process besides "in progress". It is kind of discouraging to do every step in the process and have to correct my contact info for at least the third time. Who knows if I'm even on this next panel.

You would think that they would have some online application submission and tracking process by now.
                        Join the club, I called recently too and mine is "in progress" also.

Comment

• Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I just stumbled across a reference of that phone number in a thread recently and wish I would have had it earlier to call when I was moving across country and switching FO's. It seems like a centralized recruiting center would be a great idea if it was more customer/applicant friendly or used an internet status like some other agencies.

It seems that we have very similiar timelines, did you do the drug screen already?

I had assumed that my BI was done when they conducted the home interview, so I don't know what "in progress" could mean besides finishing up my package or processing my whiz quiz.

(I didn't PM you directly because it seemed like good info for the board/new members).
                            Yeah! News to me, too.

The number is on their website... 202-406-5830 or 888-813-USSS(8777).
                            Last edited by CWU; 10-06-2008, 03:18 PM. Reason: doing my homework b4 asking a question!

Comment

I just stumbled across a reference of that phone number in a thread recently and wish I would have had it earlier to call when I was moving across country and switching FO's. It seems like a centralized recruiting center would be a great idea if it was more customer/applicant friendly or used an internet status like some other agencies.

It seems that we have very similiar timelines, did you do the drug screen already?

I had assumed that my BI was done when they conducted the home interview, so I don't know what "in progress" could mean besides finishing up my package or processing my whiz quiz.

(I didn't PM you directly because it seemed like good info for the board/new members).
                              Yes, I wish I knew about that number beforehand as well because I moved and had the same problem having my address changed (had to tell 3 different people!) It's a good idea in a principle but it seems impossible to get any pertinent info. I have heard of other applicants getting good info from it though such has hiring panel dates, etc. I know, for instance, that one person heard that 2 classes x 24 SA's were hired on the 10/2 panel, although it's not clear whether or not the calls have gone out yet.

My home interview was done in the middle of my BI so I'm not sure that it's a good indication that your BI is closed. You're probably getting there though. I did have my drug screen about 1 week after my home interview. See my timeline under post 630 http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...&postcount=630

Good luck and keep us updated! Hopefully we will hear something this week.

Comment

• Hey guys, not to get off topic here, but I had a question. I just passed the TEA and got the CD in the mail from my local FO with the SF 86 and medical forms to fill out. The letter the CD came with says the next step is a "Security Interview" at my FO.

I've already had the "Initial Interview", but have not had the "Panel Interview" yet. So what is the "Security Interview"?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4952 users online. 164 members and 4788 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X