Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And by the way, the US Cutoms and Border Patrol DOES administer the poly in certain situations. This was copied from the US Customs and Border Protection Fact Sheet dated 2/16/2007 on their website:

"Pre-employment Requirements consist of a thorough background investigation, medical examination, fitness test, and drug test. If your background includes past or present arrests, convictions, dismissals from previous jobs, debts and financial issues, excessive use of alcohol, use of illegal drugs, and/or the sale and distribution of illegal drugs, you most probably will be rated unsuitable for this position. You may also be subject to a polygraph examination."

We all make mistakes and jump to judgement and I admit when I'm wrong...but it wasn't this time. I'm not here to get into a ****ing contest so I'm done with that topic.

I've been told up to a month for the results also. I guess it's another way to make you sweat it out.

Comment

Spewing false information is irresponsible I agree. In the context that I was trying to seek information from a reliable source, this site, and stating information that had been provided some time ago, is not irresponsable. And like I said in my post, certain situations may also include certain agencies under the umbrella that you speak of. I came to this website to seek information from people who are experienced and have the answers. I don't have those anwers nor claim to know everything about the LE profession. I'm not sure what nerve I hit. I'm not a cop and I don't pretend to be one. No need for the act toughjerseyguy, I'm just trying to get advice from people I respect and I appreciate them taking the time to give me that advice.
      Last edited by dgeaton8; 04-18-2007, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Anyone hear anything about when the next hiring panel will be? I am thinking May.

Comment

How long did it take for you to hear back about the results of your Poly?

Comment

I never got a call stating "you passed the polygraph." About 4-6 weeks after the poly I got a call stating they were starting my background, which obviously would not have started had I not passed. I believe it varies for everyone but the 4-6 week time frame is probably average.

Comment

Thats what I thought, but 2 days before I received my call to take my poly I was called to schedule my medical. I spoke with the medical company today and they said they were contacted on 4/19, the day of my ppoly, and said to hold on the medical. I wasn't too surprised by this because I didn't expect to have the medical done yet, it was scheduled for 4/30. So is it Poly, BI then medical? Just curious...no news is good news I guess.

Comment

I actually did my medical before my poly. They will not begin your background until you have passed the poly. I can tell you that no news is good news even though it is tough to sit around waiting. My background, home interview and pre-employment drug test was finished several weeks ago and I am waiting for the next hiring panel but don't know when it is. We are all in the same boat, sit and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by PSU
                  Just want to let everyone know that I got the call yesterday. I report to my FO at the end of April, and FLETC in May. Good luck to everyone.
                  Rock and roll, man...congratulations.

I got the 'Dear John' letter awhile back, don't know the reason, but it was about 3 months after I took my physical and sent in additional info on my LASIK surgery. Even got my medical report fromt he doctor that did my physical, and everything was squeaky clean.

Comment

Congrats. So the panel board is the "end of the road" so to speak. Did you also have a panel interview before your poly? I had mine 6 months befoe I was scheduled.

Comment

Thanks guys. My timeline went something like this:

March 06 - Submitted application
                      April 06 - TEA
                      September 06 - Panel
                      October 06 - Medical (before poly)
                      October 06 - Poly
                      December 06 - Poly #2
                      January 07 - BI
                      January 07 - Drug Screen
                      March 07 - Additional Medical
                      April 07 - Job Offer

Hopefully this helps. Best of luck.

Comment

Did you get a call or a letter about your Poly results? I Was told that I showed deception 4 times on my poly, all for the question about foreign contacts, which I have none. So I wouldn't be surprised if I as called to have another one. As much as I know it's part of the process, the waiting is killing me...
                        Last edited by dgeaton8; 04-26-2007, 08:29 AM.

Comment

I was told the same thing that I was being deceptive about foreign contacts and I also have none. I had to take the polygraph twice, not sure why but passed in the end. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

I got grilled for about an hour about my "foreign contact". Have they given you any info about when your panel will be Springer? I've got to think that if you've made it to the hiring panel that you really have to screw up not to get hired. I know the panle interview I had was brutal, they beat me down!

Comment

I was told their is a hiring panel once a month, but there are no set dates for them. They do one whenever they get enough packets in to do one.

Comment

I heard the same thing, once a month. The last one was a couple of weeks ago so you would think the next one would be in two or three weeks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10989 users online. 463 members and 10526 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X