Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm predicting that i'm about to take another job that is a big raise and once i move my family there the freeze will get lifted and i'll get the call then. so you guys need to root for me to get one of these job's i've applied for because that will guarantee some new SA FLETC classes.
    Secret Service SA
    Applied 1/10
    TEA 4/10
    Initial 5/10
    Panel 10/10
    Poly 12/10
    Poly #2 2/11
    Medical 4/11
    Background 4/11
    HI 5/11
    DS 5/11
    Background update 10/12
    Poly #3 1/13
    Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
    The Call ????

Comment

• Originally posted by inside-out View Post
      i'm predicting that i'm about to take another job that is a big raise and once i move my family there the freeze will get lifted and i'll get the call then. so you guys need to root for me to get one of these job's i've applied for because that will guarantee some new SA FLETC classes.
      Haha, whatever works -- good luck!

Comment

• remember the fiscal year starts October 1, not January 1 so "2013" isn't as far off as you might think!

Comment

• Originally posted by mcalc55 View Post
          remember the fiscal year starts October 1, not January 1 so "2013" isn't as far off as you might think!
          If it is true that there will be classes in early FY 13, it is not unrealistic to think that calls could start going out in late Summer, early Fall.

Comment

• So I just got an email regarding my USSS SA Application Status. It's not a BQA, but it's a rejection. I'm attaching it below. I really can't believe it. And if you knew my personal circumstances, you probably wouldn't believe it either. This is really crazy, and i can't put my disappointment into words. Because i'm a glutton for punishment, i would probably still apply if the USSS SA position comes up again. I have other 1811 applications that are active, but this is the one i wanted. I guess i can be happy its not technically a BQA, but it's still a rejection.
            ================================================== ============
            This is to advise you of the action taken on your application for the Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) position with the U.S. Secret Service, Vacancy Announcement Number:SA1-XXXX-XX.

As stated in the conditional offer of employment, you were being considered for an appointment as a Criminal Investigator (Special Agent), GL-1811. Unfortunately, as a result of recent budget constraints, management decided not to fill additional positions at this time. It is anticipated that another Criminal Investigator vacancy announcement will be announced in the future. Please feel free to reapply.

We wish you success in your future endeavors. Questions concerning this email can be sent to [email protected].

Thank you for your interest in the United States Secret Service.

Sincerely,
            /s/
            Chief, Special Agent and Uniformed Division Support Branch

P.S.: Department of Homeland Security information for your consideration:

Are you looking for a career in federal law enforcement? Do your core values include vigilance, integrity, and service to country? Customs and Border Protection Officers embody these values and play a vital role in preventing terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States and enforcing customs, immigration, and agriculture laws and regulations at U.S. ports of entry. Are you ready to join one of the finest law enforcement organizations in the world as a Customs and Border Protection Officer? CBP is NOW accepting applications for the CBP Officer.

Please visit our website at www.cbp.gov/careers for more information on CBP, CBP Officers. For more information on the position and how you can apply for a new and exciting career opportunity http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/311667200.

Comment

• That sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BkBrawler1 View Post
                So I just got an email regarding my USSS SA Application Status. It's not a BQA, but it's a rejection. I'm attaching it below. I really can't believe it. And if you knew my personal circumstances, you probably wouldn't believe it either. This is really crazy, and i can't put my disappointment into words. Because i'm a glutton for punishment, i would probably still apply if the USSS SA position comes up again. I have other 1811 applications that are active, but this is the one i wanted. I guess i can be happy its not technically a BQA, but it's still a rejection.

Ouch. What phase were you at in The process? When did you apply?
                ================================================== ============
                This is to advise you of the action taken on your application for the Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) position with the U.S. Secret Service, Vacancy Announcement Number:SA1-XXXX-XX.

As stated in the conditional offer of employment, you were being considered for an appointment as a Criminal Investigator (Special Agent), GL-1811. Unfortunately, as a result of recent budget constraints, management decided not to fill additional positions at this time. It is anticipated that another Criminal Investigator vacancy announcement will be announced in the future. Please feel free to reapply.

We wish you success in your future endeavors. Questions concerning this email can be sent to [email protected].

Thank you for your interest in the United States Secret Service.

Sincerely,
                /s/
                Chief, Special Agent and Uniformed Division Support Branch

P.S.: Department of Homeland Security information for your consideration:

Are you looking for a career in federal law enforcement? Do your core values include vigilance, integrity, and service to country? Customs and Border Protection Officers embody these values and play a vital role in preventing terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States and enforcing customs, immigration, and agriculture laws and regulations at U.S. ports of entry. Are you ready to join one of the finest law enforcement organizations in the world as a Customs and Border Protection Officer? CBP is NOW accepting applications for the CBP Officer.

Please visit our website at www.cbp.gov/careers for more information on CBP, CBP Officers. For more information on the position and how you can apply for a new and exciting career opportunity http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/311667200.

Comment

• Ouch. What phase of the process were you in? When did you apply?

Comment

• Originally posted by fanhood View Post
                    Ouch. What phase of the process were you in? When did you apply?
                    This month it makes 25 months in the process. I passed my poly and already have clearance. All i had left was my medical, but i've passed the medical for other agencies so i wasn't worried about that. I'll probably age out by the time i get to reapply so any chances are dismal at best.

Comment

• Brutal. Are you a vet? I think the "clock" is different for vets.

Either way, keep trying for other agencies, and reapply for the USSS. You never know what may happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by fanhood View Post
                        Brutal. Are you a vet? I think the "clock" is different for vets.

Either way, keep trying for other agencies, and reapply for the USSS. You never know what may happen.
                        Not a vet, although i took the ASVAB recently and scored really well. I've thought of doing the National Guard for personal reasons. I guess that would have good repercussions for 1811 spots.

Comment

• I wouldn't call this a rejection or a BQA. I would call it a cancellation on their part. Check the UD forum. A few weeks back some were sent the same email. Those that applied under announcement XYZ were told it was cancelled. It was only a matter of time before it reached the SA side. Hopefully, when they get their bank account straight, open up an announcement they can streamline you.

Comment

• "As a result of recent budget constraints, the above vacancy announcement is cancelled. It is anticipated that another Uniformed Division Officer vacancy announcement will be announced in the future. Please feel free to reapply."

Four UD applicants in late Feb received this email. Don't take it personally BkBrawler.

Comment

• Well, I just received the same email.

I guess this kind of thing happens folks. Don't give up, and keep applying. I know I will.

Comment

• I got it too. (Not a vet. Status was "on the shelf.")

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11768 users online. 426 members and 11342 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X