Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called my FO with a random question and was just told to keep updating my application whenever necessary. I didnt get any response in regard to upcoming classes. As for "the government moving" I think its interesting ATF and Marshals have recently put out announcements, but dont think it will have any impact on us.

Comment

• I agree I don't think it helps us very much. My FO told me three weeks ago what everyone has already heard, hiring process at a stand still, no 2012 classes and maybe no 2013 classes. Fortunately I can wait another year to finish the process but I definitely don't want to.

Comment

• Bqa

Got the BQA Letter a little bit ago (very generic, given the amount of time we put in)....What a waste of almost 2 years....Good Luck to the rest of you!
        “Dedication is not what others expect of you, it is what you can give to others.”

"Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

Comment

• Sorry about the news, Correction19.

I'm new to the forums but I have been following them for some time. I haven't heard much from my local office in over a year, despite calling every 2 months. Here is my timeline:

App:3/10
          TEA:5/10
          Initial:6/10
          Panel:7/10
          Poly:9/10
          Med:1/11
          HI:1/11
          BI:2/11
          the Call???

Comment

• Originally posted by jsapp View Post
            Sorry about the news, Correction19.

I'm new to the forums but I have been following them for some time. I haven't heard much from my local office in over a year, despite calling every 2 months. Here is my timeline:

App:3/10
            TEA:5/10
            Initial:6/10
            Panel:7/10
            Poly:9/10
            Med:1/11
            HI:1/11
            BI:2/11
            the Call???
            Its funny how things work out. I intially applied with USSS back in 3/10 as well. Fortunately I also had applied at several other places, specifically Border Patrol in 7/10.

Anyway I received my BQA letter back in early 2011, and at first I was angry, but the truth is that seeing how people who applied at the same time I did still haven't been hired, I'm not so angry anymore. Not only that, but I was hired by Border Patrol, completed FLETC, and am out in the field working.

2 years is a long time to wait.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Hello Folks. New to the Forum. A lot of comments have kinda scared me from applying. I was going to attend the Secret Service job fair in WPB Florida. But i read some comments saying that there was a hiring freeze for 2012, and 2013. So do you guys think its worth attending?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jev View Post
                Hello Folks. New to the Forum. A lot of comments have kinda scared me from applying. I was going to attend the Secret Service job fair in WPB Florida. But i read some comments saying that there was a hiring freeze for 2012, and 2013. So do you guys think its worth attending?
                I would. Just b/c someone posts a comment on here doesn't mean it's true or false. Attending the job fair you might get a great contact, so when you do apply you have someone to answer your questions.

It's the federal government the freeze could be lifted at a moments notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Correction19 View Post
                  Got the BQA Letter a little bit ago (very generic, given the amount of time we put in)....What a waste of almost 2 years....Good Luck to the rest of you!

What phase of the process were you in?

Comment

• if they lift the freeze i sure hope they do it before november. my biological clock is ticking.
                    Secret Service SA
                    Applied 1/10
                    TEA 4/10
                    Initial 5/10
                    Panel 10/10
                    Poly 12/10
                    Poly #2 2/11
                    Medical 4/11
                    Background 4/11
                    HI 5/11
                    DS 5/11
                    Background update 10/12
                    Poly #3 1/13
                    Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
                    The Call ????

Comment

• Originally posted by fanhood View Post
                      What phase of the process were you in?
                      I did my polygraph 3 months prior...During my polygraph, he did the whole "Tell me whats on your mind, I know there is something you want to tell me," which there wasn't. Told me I failed worse than anyone has ever failed the poly before. Just figured it was a tactic cause I was honest. Guessing it was inconclusive, cause I was very nervous, and he kept telling me to stop moving, which I wasn't trying to. The BQA letter just said there were more qualified applicants than me, and that based on the amount of vacancies available they have to pick the most highly qualified. I'll try again next announcement, and they told me I could re-apply..
                      “Dedication is not what others expect of you, it is what you can give to others.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                        Its funny how things work out. I intially applied with USSS back in 3/10 as well. Fortunately I also had applied at several other places, specifically Border Patrol in 7/10.

Anyway I received my BQA letter back in early 2011, and at first I was angry, but the truth is that seeing how people who applied at the same time I did still haven't been hired, I'm not so angry anymore. Not only that, but I was hired by Border Patrol, completed FLETC, and am out in the field working.

2 years is a long time to wait.
                        Congrats Kansan,
                        I have applied with many other places as well..Many places similar to the ones you have applied to. I was a bit upset at first, but not so much anymore as well. My problem i have figured out is I'm not in the federal system, nor am I a veteran. I am fighting a huge uphill battle!! Could use a lucky break!! Just Sayin...

Comment

• TheKansan, shoot me a PM where you are stationed with BP. I am on the SWB but with HSI. Perhaps we are in the same S*(thole town.

Comment

• I have a friend that applied with ICE and it took 3 years for him to be processed and hired. He is now happily employed in Eagle Pass, TX and keeps ,me posted on fed openings. I was also in the process with ICE but things were rolling well with the SS that I declined the 2nd phase of testing and interviews. I did speak with HQ OPM and they confirmed my status but did confirm the rumor of no new hires in 2012 (especially SAs)

Comment

• Originally posted by jsapp View Post
                              I have a friend that applied with ICE and it took 3 years for him to be processed and hired. He is now happily employed in Eagle Pass, TX and keeps ,me posted on fed openings. I was also in the process with ICE but things were rolling well with the SS that I declined the 2nd phase of testing and interviews. I did speak with HQ OPM and they confirmed my status but did confirm the rumor of no new hires in 2012 (especially SAs)
                              Did they tell you that all of us were still to on the shelf and cleared for hire?

Comment

• I talked with my FO today and they said we are still in the same situation that we were in for the past few months.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9960 users online. 515 members and 9445 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X