Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that is good to hear. As long as we will get hired sometime, that is all that matters.

Comment

• Needs of the gov't...always subject to change.

Comment

• Originally posted by local21811 View Post
        Having several internships under your belt is not going to be enough. You need real world work experience. A career where you show improvement, challenges, growth, a steady work history. It doesn't have to be local PD or military. You can work at Blockbuster, work your way up to management etc. Don't rely just on internships, you're setting yourself up for a rough ride.
        How accurate is this? Not to go OT, but I'm curious if anyone with, besides a degree, was able to land an 1811 position with just being a manager at a retail store.
        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
        02/28/14-TSL Received
        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
        07/01/14-VBT/SI
        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Any movements from anyone? This forum has been very quiet in the past 3 weeks?

Comment

• None. Wish I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Comebacktofed View Post
              This forum has been very quiet in the past 3 weeks?
              There's not much to talk about when there's a hiring freeze.

Comment

• I actually received my BQA email today. Good luck to those still in the process.

Comment

• Supersonic, are you a Vet?

Comment

• Has anyone else's application in USA Jobs just disappeared without getting the BQA email?

Comment

• Originally posted by stlcards View Post
                      Has anyone else's application in USA Jobs just disappeared without getting the BQA email?
                      I noticed all my old applications disappeared when they updated/changed their site recently.

Comment

• not that it is any consolation for those in the SS hiring process, but I was moved on within the FBI process so hopefully that is a sign of the government loosening the purse strings

Comment

• Originally posted by fanhood View Post
                          Supersonic, are you a Vet?
                          Not a vet.

stlcards, my application with USSS did disappear before I actually got the BQA email.

Comment

• Originally posted by stlcards View Post
                            Has anyone else's application in USA Jobs just disappeared without getting the BQA email?
                            I think it does that at the one year mark on each application.

Comment

• "How accurate is this?"

It is accurate.

"...just..."

This assumption, though, is inaccurate. Remember, the goal is to evaluate the individual as a whole.

Comment

• Thanks for the responses. Local is correct. I got a response from USA Jobs stating that applications are only stored for a year on their site after I had emailed them the question.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11374 users online. 388 members and 10986 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X