Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is the truth.

Originally posted by 1811NYC2MN View Post
    I am an SA in a large FO and have a relatively good idea of what's going on in the agency.

For the sake of keeping everyone's sanity, SA applicants feel free to PM me concerning SA classes/processes. No one reached out or offered it to me during my process so I'll consider it my community service for 2012. Some of the posts on here are absolutely ridiculous, skewed and uninformed so I can't help but give some hard truths or hope to some of you.

The best advice I give EVERYONE in EVERY 1811 process is remain flexible and forget you even applied...just jump through each hoop when each one comes along and go back to your normal job and life. The more you think about it, the longer and more draining the process becomes.

Comment

• I was rejected as of today. Not too surprised, my interview was a little shaky and I left the poly being told I failed one question.

Good luck to everyone! I still have my FBI SA application in the mix so I'm not heartbroken, just disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by arnette View Post
        I was rejected as of today. Not too surprised, my interview was a little shaky and I left the poly being told I failed one question.
        Sorry to hear arnette. They must have found my file in the bottom of a drawer at HQ; I received what amounts to a medical DQ letter today literally a YEAR after my medical exam. I don't have high hopes of getting them to reverse course given prior experience with another agency, we'll see. Best of luck to all of you...

Comment

• Originally posted by scraptastic View Post
          Sorry to hear arnette. They must have found my file in the bottom of a drawer at HQ; I received what amounts to a medical DQ letter today literally a YEAR after my medical exam. I don't have high hopes of getting them to reverse course given prior experience with another agency, we'll see. Best of luck to all of you...
          First, I am sorry to hear that. I have been turned down by agencies and know how disappointing I is.

With that I cannot help but wonder if this means the process is moving again. You are the second person on this board to get the BQA today

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Arnette and Scraptastic.

Comment

• I got my letter from MED, asking for a latest chest Xray reading (that I have to pay for myself), It is because my skin test comes out positive any time I test. But in my case it's normal; I have never been seek and for some reason my skin test is always positive.Sorry to hear about Arnette and Scraptastic.

Comment

• How valuable do you guys think an internship with the Secret Service would be? Last summer I interned with DHS/ICE in the Office of the Chief Counsel. This summer I can either intern with DHS/ICE/ERO or Secret Service. What do you guys think I should do? Would specializing my resume for ERO make more sense?
                NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                TSL1: 8/14/2012
                TSL2: 8/16/2012
                PFT1: 9/17/2012
                Poly: 11/14/2012
                Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                BI: cleared 12/2012
                Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
                EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• I'd assume any kind of internship would have you gain valuable eperience. I interned with the USSS back in 2010 for a semester, and I learned a lot, even though it was clerical. I learned how to sift through police reports to find key informations, analyzed counterfeit note reports and currencies, and a number of other duties.

Is it going to get you a SA or even a UD position if that's the only experience you'd list on your resume? No, it won't. The SAIC told me that on day one.
                  CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                  02/28/14-TSL Received
                  03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                  07/01/14-VBT/SI
                  07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                  07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• What if you also have experience interning with ICE? If that's not enough, what more experience would my resume require? Local PD? I have also applied for an internship at FLETC, would that be a better opportunity?
                    NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                    TSL1: 8/14/2012
                    TSL2: 8/16/2012
                    PFT1: 9/17/2012
                    Poly: 11/14/2012
                    Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                    BI: cleared 12/2012
                    Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                    TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
                    EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• I received a call last week from my field office. I was told there wouldn't be any hiring for 2012 due to lack of funds.

Comment

• Having several internships under your belt is not going to be enough. You need real world work experience. A career where you show improvement, challenges, growth, a steady work history. It doesn't have to be local PD or military. You can work at Blockbuster, work your way up to management etc. Don't rely just on internships, you're setting yourself up for a rough ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leviticus View Post
                          I received a call last week from my field office. I was told there wouldn't be any hiring for 2012 due to lack of funds.
                          Does that qualify as "The Call" !?

Comment

• Haha I sure hope not...

Comment

• Originally posted by Leviticus View Post
                              Haha I sure hope not...
                              What else did they say? Are we still in the shoot for 2013?

Comment

• I wasn't given any more information. I've been told before, during my HI, that hiring would certainly happen during 2013. The only info I was given is that there won't be any hiring during 2012 and that my app is on the shelf. And if anything changes they'd let me know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8472 users online. 261 members and 8211 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X