Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowaguy22 View Post
    fanhood,
    depends on who I have talked to, but according to my field office the poly does need to be redone at some kind of interval. I have heard anywhere from 3-5 yrs and medical is 1-3 yrs. I hope it is longer rather than shorter, I am not looking forward to going through that again.
    Got it. Seems logical. Honestly, three years is a long time. I doubt we will be waiting that long (in between poly/medical). Maybe between application submission and hire date.

Comment

• We should all keep attempting to reach out to our respective potential field offices just to be as updated as possible. I will try to reach out to mine this week.

Comment

• I reached out to my field office to update my resume, and she said I am sorry to tell you but as of right now all processes are at a standstill. I also checked in with the FBI and they pretty much said the same thing. So it looks like we will be sitting where we are for awhile. It will eventually break loose and for those who are farther along in the process look for an expedited handling time. They have to be hurting for help, retirements alone will wreak havoc. The FBI told me that retirements alone account for 400 people a year needing replaced. So have faith and keep on keeping on

Comment

• Thanks, iowa. I still havent reached out to mine, yet. I'll get that done today or tomorrow.

I did some digging and put together my timeline:

1/2010 - Submitted Application
          3/2010? - TEA
          6/2010 - Initial
          8/2010 - Panel
          10/2010 - Poly
          1/2011 - Physical/Drug Screen/BI
          2/2011 - HI
          ?????? - The Call

Comment

• Hey guys...just a heads up discovery channel aired "secrets of the secret service" last night at 9. Pretty good stuff, some repeat footage of other documentaries but plenty of new stuff. They should be replaying all week, worth checking out

Comment

• Mcalc,
              I watched it, just got me more amped up to wait. Haha, gave me renewed motivation to keep working and keep the faith that good things will happen.

Comment

• I had my initial scheduled for last week, and it got cancelled. I guess this is another example of the freeze.
                The unexamined life is not worth living. - Socrates

Comment

• I've been trying to post for a while, but I guess there was some time for my account to be initialized? I've completed the process, which for me began SEP-NOV10. I took the TEA around FEB11, had my initial in MAR11, my panel in APR11, poly in AUG11, medical in OCT11 and my HI in DEC11. So, like most of you, I'm waiting on "the call." I had misapplied online and had mistakenly applied for UD as well. So I did actually have an initial and panel for the UD as well. That all occurred prior to my TEA. Having applied for OCS with the Navy, AF and Marines, the process with the USSS went a bit quicker and more smoothly.

This process is similar in this respect...Hurry up and wait. There are tons of rumors, rumors of rumors and everything else to keep us on edge on the forums.

Comment

• I also watched the special on Discovery last night...stoked!! It's supposed to have two more parts to it. Good luck to you guys and hopefully we hear something credible, something good, soon.

Comment

• FYI....somebody on the UD thread said that a "reliable source" confirmed there would be a class in May. We'll see I guess.

Comment

• Yes, a reliable source indeed.

Comment

• Fantastic. Hopefully we hear more soon. When FLETC holds a class (and quite possibly in May) for UD, is it for UD only or do they combine UD and SA at that point?

Comment

• They don't combine. 24 UD per class. There is more demand for UD at the moment so zorco's source may be hinting at a UD class and not a SA class.

Comment

• I didn't think so.

Comment

• I am an SA in a large FO and have a relatively good idea of what's going on in the agency.

For the sake of keeping everyone's sanity, SA applicants feel free to PM me concerning SA classes/processes. No one reached out or offered it to me during my process so I'll consider it my community service for 2012. Some of the posts on here are absolutely ridiculous, skewed and uninformed so I can't help but give some hard truths or hope to some of you.

The best advice I give EVERYONE in EVERY 1811 process is remain flexible and forget you even applied...just jump through each hoop when each one comes along and go back to your normal job and life. The more you think about it, the longer and more draining the process becomes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9662 users online. 496 members and 9166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X