Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, I think the list could be placed on hold until movement begins. And if UD is frozen then SA done. And I am sure training is super busy with current agents getting ready for the campaign trail. And I would assume that they would also get pulled for protective details during this year.

Well, I need everyone to make huge life changing decisions early this year if you are waiting on the call. Get married, have kids or move and we should start seeing "the calls" come out... It's the only logic that works.
    AKA: Greek57 (from early on posts)

USSS SA

Applied 3/10
    TEA 5/10
    COE 5/10
    Initial 6/10
    Panel 10/10
    Poly 12/10
    Medical 2/11
    BI 5/11
    DS 5/11
    HI 5/11
    The Call ????

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeus57 View Post
      Well, I need everyone to make huge life changing decisions early this year if you are waiting on the call. Get married, have kids or move and we should start seeing "the calls" come out... It's the only logic that works.
      Ha, I like your logic.

Comment

• Fellas,

Been following this thread for a long time. Never decided to post until now. I originally applied 01/2010, and my HI was 02/2011. Since then, I was told my application is in Headquarters phase (D.C.), and havent heard much since, other than my tax check waiver expiring and I had to sign a new one. I just wanted to tell everyone to keep the faith, stay strong. It'll come. Freezes can be lifted as easily as they can be placed. It'll happen.

-Fourfifths

Comment

• Fourfifths,
          You sound exactly like me. I have been in the process about that same time frame and everything happened quick in the beginning and now its a massive stand still. We are a lot farther ahead than some other people so we have that much going for us.

Comment

• What keeps me up at night (not literally) is wondering just how many of us are on that short-list, how many get selected for a class, and what defines the preference. From what I hear, military and LE fill up classes first. I have a J.D. (make fun all you want, I can take it), so I believe I get pushed back to the end of the line. But hey, if 25 make up a class, and they put two classes together, and I'm #50, I'm happy. I'm not too thrilled with the government job I have now, so I'm in desperate need of change.

Funny-ish story about my application process: Late December 2010, I get a call from my field office stating I passed the poly, and am to be scheduled for my med eval. They ask if I have any vacations planned. I tell them I'll only be out of town a few days for New Years, but I'll be back on the 2nd, so if they could make it the following week, that would be best. They tell me "sounds good, youre scheduled for the 3rd, and no alcohol for 48 hours prior." It was a sober new years for me, to say the least.

The wait continues,

FourFifths

Comment

• I feel your pain FourFifths. I am LE myself with no prior military service/points. My worry is they (USSS) continue to process apps. Like you I could be number 24 on the list but someone with points and who just finished their process bumps me off the list, even though I've been waiting in line longer. I have nothing against those that serve and I thank them for their service, but that's just my worry.

My 2011 holiday story...Processing the remains of a hoarder who passed away 9 days earlier. I swear I can still smell the scene on me.

Comment

• Long time reader, felt that I actually had something relevant to say so here it is.

A reliable source I have talked to throughout the entire process told me they will continue to process apps. Right now they have enough people "on the shelf" to fill a class and a half according to this person, which supposedly USSS is not thrilled about and want to have more ready to go. They really need people according to this person and when the freeze is lifted they want to be able to start filling classes up. Also they said Jan of 2013 at the very earliest for the next class. Take what you will out of this I am just relaying what I've heard. Let's hope the freeze is lifted and we start getting calls.

I know the timeline thing really doesnt matter at this point but I applied in Feb. and flew through the process, had my home interview in December, total buzzkill hearing about the freeze but I'm willing to wait.

Comment

• It's hard for me to believe that they only have enough people waiting right now to fill a class and a half.....at 24 people per class that's only 36, and we've probably got at least half that just on this forum. Surely there have to be more people than that at this point, with how few classes they've had in the past 6 months.

Comment

• If the class is in Jan of 2013, perhaps we can expect to get the call in November 2012? Isnt the typical grace period about 6 weeks? I'm just trying to remain positive here.

Comment

• 167 people currently on the shelf. nearly 1,700 in the process.
                      Secret Service SA
                      Applied 1/10
                      TEA 4/10
                      Initial 5/10
                      Panel 10/10
                      Poly 12/10
                      Poly #2 2/11
                      Medical 4/11
                      Background 4/11
                      HI 5/11
                      DS 5/11
                      Background update 10/12
                      Poly #3 1/13
                      Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
                      The Call ????

Comment

• Well from what everyone is saying, it is a matter of just living our lives and not disqualifying ourselves in anyway by doing something stupid. I just hope we get THE CALL in the three years before we have to redo that polygraph. I felt about 2 inches tall when I came out of there.

Comment

• Received a phone call yestereday afternoon from my local field office canceling my panel interview scheduled for next week. I asked him why and he said it's most likely the budget. So the wait begins...

Comment

• iowa, that means you felt two inches taller than i did walking out of there, so yes, thank god for those three years. My medical was in January 2011, so I'm wondering if they will have me redo it or wait the way they are making dc6178 wait.

dc, sorry to hear, but youre just down, not out.

When's then next chance for a budget getting passed?

Comment

• Originally posted by FourFifths View Post
                              iowa, that means you felt two inches taller than i did walking out of there, so yes, thank god for those three years. My medical was in January 2011, so I'm wondering if they will have me redo it or wait the way they are making dc6178 wait.

dc, sorry to hear, but youre just down, not out.

When's then next chance for a budget getting passed?
                              Where is this three years for the poly coming from? I had never heard that before.

Comment

• fanhood,
                                depends on who I have talked to, but according to my field office the poly does need to be redone at some kind of interval. I have heard anywhere from 3-5 yrs and medical is 1-3 yrs. I hope it is longer rather than shorter, I am not looking forward to going through that again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8166 users online. 220 members and 7946 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X