300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by local21811 View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. Their post and follow up post are vague. Everyones contact at their local FO says something totally different from the next FO. Also, they (USSS) are in need of Uniform Division personnel more than the SA side. So MAYBE there is a board gathering info, but MAYBE only for the UD folks. There has been such a wave of rumors both good and bad, that I'm not putting cash down on anything until my phone rings.
    Good point
    AKA: Greek57 (from early on posts)

USSS SA

Applied 3/10
    TEA 5/10
    COE 5/10
    Initial 6/10
    Panel 10/10
    Poly 12/10
    Medical 2/11
    BI 5/11
    DS 5/11
    HI 5/11
    The Call ????

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeus57 View Post
      Good point
      Thanks. It doesn't happen often.

Comment

• Originally posted by arnette View Post
        Did they give you some idea of how long you would wait before your Poly results become official or if you'll be notified at all? I took my poly about a month ago but no word yet. I, however, didn't get the warm fuzzies from my examiner. More like the 3rd degree.

I'm assuming that I'll receive no notification for a pass and a thin letter for a fail.
        I was given a vague timeline of a few months for the next step to start if I passes. I wasn't told if I would get a "you passed" call. Can someone tell me if the BI contacta you in person or over the phone?

Comment

• Originally posted by JF30 View Post
          I was given a vague timeline of a few months for the next step to start if I passes. I wasn't told if I would get a "you passed" call. Can someone tell me if the BI contacta you in person or over the phone?
          They will contact you over the phone first in order to set up a Home Interview.

Comment

• I agree. It's both ends of the spectrum.
            Originally posted by local21811 View Post
            I wouldn't get my hopes up. Their post and follow up post are vague. Everyones contact at their local FO says something totally different from the next FO. Also, they (USSS) are in need of Uniform Division personnel more than the SA side. So MAYBE there is a board gathering info, but MAYBE only for the UD folks. There has been such a wave of rumors both good and bad, that I'm not putting cash down on anything until my phone rings.

Comment

• Anybody knows how long it takes to hear back from medical?????

Comment

• You won't be notified of the results. The only time anyone is notified is if they receive a request for medical followup which is 2-3 months after you have completed the initial ME. 2-3 months is generally the amount of time it takes for the USSS Doctor to review the results of every applicant.

I know this because I had request for medical followup 3 months after my ME. Also, a while back on this forum an individual was offered a job before his ME was reviewed then was asked for a followup after he left his curren job and put his house on the market. He eventually was hired after his regional SAIC made some phone calls. Needless to say he was sweating bullets.

Comment

• I get the feeling we all may be waiting until 2013 for the "Call."

Comment

• Originally posted by fanhood View Post
                    I get the feeling we all may be waiting until 2013 for the "Call."
                    Yeah. I'm pretty much giving up on this if they're not doing any hiring this year and I've already waited for a year. In fact, if you could take my name off the list, that'd be great. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised with the call at some point in the next couple years, but I'm not counting on it.

Comment

• Sorry, I didn't mean for that last post to be a big downer, I'm just quite unhappy in my current job, (and recently it has been particularly bad) and the thought of being here for another year+ is incredibly depressing to me. I'd still love to get the call, but given I have no idea when or if that'll happen, I'm just going to have to start looking seriously at other options as well

Comment

• I know how you feel Fedx. I got out of the military so that I could pursue this career, I was told I could not progress in the process any further until I had a DD214 in hand. I have been working odd jobs for the past year in the hopes of THE CALL.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowaguy22 View Post
                          I know how you feel Fedx. I got out of the military so that I could pursue this career, I was told I could not progress in the process any further until I had a DD214 in hand. I have been working odd jobs for the past year in the hopes of THE CALL.
                          You could always join the National Guard if you want to continue your service. Thats what I did.

Comment

• For those in the process and on the list, would you like me to continue posting timelines?

Comment

• I vote no. Was useful to compare timelines when things were active, and sometimes gave you a glimmer of hope. Don't spend too much time on it if you do keep it.

Comment

• Well, the UD thread is reporting the dreaded "Hiring Freeze" and that there will not be any classes for this Fiscal Year. I assume if this is true, that it would apply to Special Agent positions as well.

Here is my question....what does the training staff do for a year, when there are not classes going through?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12357 users online. 452 members and 11905 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X