Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received email from my field office, hiring still on hold.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
      It's my understanding CAT member are SAs. I'm not 100% positive that's to the complete exclusivity of anyone else, but that's the impression I got from the reading I've done and from what my SAIC said (he talked about it in passing during one of my interviews as he was on one).

Hope everyone has a good Christmas!
      While in the Marine Corps I regularly worked with the USSS so unless things have changed since 2009, CAT consists of special agents and ERT consists of UD officers.

Comment

• I received an email from my local FO. My initial is set up for mid-Jan. I am happy to see some movement since my TEA in July '11.
        The unexamined life is not worth living. - Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
          It's my understanding CAT member are SAs. I'm not 100% positive that's to the complete exclusivity of anyone else, but that's the impression I got from the reading I've done and from what my SAIC said (he talked about it in passing during one of my interviews as he was on one).

Hope everyone has a good Christmas!
          Originally posted by Turner View Post
          While in the Marine Corps I regularly worked with the USSS so unless things have changed since 2009, CAT consists of special agents and ERT consists of UD officers.
          Thank you for the info!

Comment

• Originally posted by iowaguy22 View Post
            Just received email from my field office, hiring still on hold.
            Yea, this is the same info that I recieved nearly 6 weeks ago.

I have to believe that there will at least be a few classes sometime in FY 12. I cannot imagine there not being any classes for an entire year. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

• Just an FYI, I have been told by HR in my FO that all FY 2012 classes have been cancelled until further notice. With it being a campaign year, the SATC $ will most likely be going to campaign related protection. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you really want the job...get ready for a lot more of it in your career.

Comment

• Took the polygraph a few days ago. I know it has to be reviewed before they say if I passed or not but I got a few good hints from the examiner. Hopefully I am on to the next step soon. Happy New Years to everyone.

Comment

• Did they give you some idea of how long you would wait before your Poly results become official or if you'll be notified at all? I took my poly about a month ago but no word yet. I, however, didn't get the warm fuzzies from my examiner. More like the 3rd degree.

I'm assuming that I'll receive no notification for a pass and a thin letter for a fail.

Comment

• you will not be notified of a pass. The next thing that will happen is your background starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811NYC2MN View Post
                      Just an FYI, I have been told by HR in my FO that all FY 2012 classes have been cancelled until further notice. With it being a campaign year, the SATC $ will most likely be going to campaign related protection. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you really want the job...get ready for a lot more of it in your career.
                      Thanks for the update. Not what any of us want, but in some ways it's easier to know you're in for a long(er) wait than to nurse hope that *maybe it will happen this summer.* Happy New Year to all...keep training hard.

Comment

• anyone know how long the poly/med/BI is good for?

Comment

• Originally posted by jbmpa View Post
                          anyone know how long the poly/med/BI is good for?
                          Great question. I have heard the Medical is good for a year. Most people need a Medical re-cert after that time.

Others have said the poly is only good for a year, but that makes zero sense, and seems like conjecture.

Background should be good for 5 years, since that is when a periodic re-investigation needs to be done for a TS-SCI

Comment

• Happy New Year to my fellow USSS SA applicant's! Hopefully something changes and we can get a few classes this year. If not, keep pounding away at what ever you're doing now. Remember that you can't do anything about yesterday and tomorrow my never come.
                            Secret Service SA
                            Applied 1/10
                            TEA 4/10
                            Initial 5/10
                            Panel 10/10
                            Poly 12/10
                            Poly #2 2/11
                            Medical 4/11
                            Background 4/11
                            HI 5/11
                            DS 5/11
                            Background update 10/12
                            Poly #3 1/13
                            Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
                            The Call ????

Comment

• Any thoughts on a recent post for the USSS UD that a Hiring Panel is underway. I would believe that the UD and SA hiring panels are separate. Can anyone confirm this.
                              AKA: Greek57 (from early on posts)

USSS SA

Applied 3/10
                              TEA 5/10
                              COE 5/10
                              Initial 6/10
                              Panel 10/10
                              Poly 12/10
                              Medical 2/11
                              BI 5/11
                              DS 5/11
                              HI 5/11
                              The Call ????

Comment

• I wouldn't get my hopes up. Their post and follow up post are vague. Everyones contact at their local FO says something totally different from the next FO. Also, they (USSS) are in need of Uniform Division personnel more than the SA side. So MAYBE there is a board gathering info, but MAYBE only for the UD folks. There has been such a wave of rumors both good and bad, that I'm not putting cash down on anything until my phone rings.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9825 users online. 288 members and 9537 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X